Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Chanel No.5

I have recently come across for the 1st time, and fallen in love with Chanel No.5 EDP ( am a 35 year old male ) and tried it when looking to buy my wife something new to wear.

I loved it so much that i bought a bottle instantly (for my wife and i to share )

My question is, if i were to buy a vintage bottle of Chanel No.5 (circa 80s) would the juice still be good or would i be wasting my time with the old stuff?
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Missing Oakmoss

Default Re: Vintage Chanel No.5

Provided the bottle has been stored away from light and is still sealed, it should be wonderful.

The issue will be is that alot of them wouldve been sprayed at least once.
    Very hard to find them vintagely brand new
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Having been sprayed and partly used is not a problem. The problem is whether it's been exposed to light (or high heat) and for splash bottles how many times it has been opened and exposed to oxygen. I have a couple of old No 5 and they are ok. But I know that sometimes the aldehydes can go.

That said, I think that the edp is probably the one concentration that's not really worth looking in vintage. It was created in the 80s with mostly synthetic sandalwood, so it was probably the least affected by subsequent restrictions. Parfum is a different story, this has changed over time. But other more knowledgeable people should chime in.

cacio