Code of Conduct

Default Louis Vuitton Fragrances

Just went to Vegas this past week where I finally got to smell all of Louis Vuitton's fragrances. I can't put my finger on it but I haven't found a "female" one that has really blown me away. I'm disappointed that I thought I'd like Dans La Peau (SA told me it was supposed to be a nice leathery scent but I just get a strong fruity, flowery musk.) Also not a fan of Mille Feux (strong raspberry). Le Jour Se Leve is way too strong and I don't find it well balanced. The men's line I like better. I'm really loving Au Hasard for my husband but I actually like them all. What are your thoughts on the women's fragrances? Any ones that I should take a closer look?

Default Re: Louis Vuitton Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Sarv867 View Post
    Just went to Vegas this past week where I finally got to smell all of Louis Vuitton's fragrances. I can't put my finger on it but I haven't found a "female" one that has really blown me away. I'm disappointed that I thought I'd like Dans La Peau (SA told me it was supposed to be a nice leathery scent but I just get a strong fruity, flowery musk.) Also not a fan of Mille Feux (strong raspberry). Le Jour Se Leve is way too strong and I don't find it well balanced. The men's line I like better. I'm really loving Au Hasard for my husband but I actually like them all. What are your thoughts on the women's fragrances? Any ones that I should take a closer look?
    To be honest, the fragrances were made to be rather easy accepted, not too niche and they have done a decent job.
    Especially for someone like me who doesn't like strong dirty smells which is why I appreciated dans la peau which is supposed to be leathery but you get very slight hints of it. And le jour se lève which is beautiful and a chameleon on skin, it changes quite a bit with time and different moments of smelling it. I loved apogée the most. Clean, but elegant, and expensive smelling.

If u are looking for like really different smelling perfumes then lv line isn't for you. But if u want well done perfumes that smell more high quality than the mass ones, then it's a good option if u don't have a pricing budget

Quote Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
    To be honest, the fragrances were made to be rather easy accepted, not too niche and they have done a decent job.
    Especially for someone like me who doesn't like strong dirty smells which is why I appreciated dans la peau which is supposed to be leathery but you get very slight hints of it. And le jour se lève which is beautiful and a chameleon on skin, it changes quite a bit with time and different moments of smelling it. I loved apogée the most. Clean, but elegant, and expensive smelling.

If u are looking for like really different smelling perfumes then lv line isn't for you. But if u want well done perfumes that smell more high quality than the mass ones, then it's a good option if u don't have a pricing budget

I don’t know what you mean by dirty smells. I will say I just tried Apogee and I do like that one. I like many of the fragrances in the Hermessence line so maybe that’s why I find some of the LV ones a little too strong for my liking. But again, I like all of the LV men’s line.

My favorites are Matière Noire and Nouveau Monde, the latter of which I own a full bottle.

If you haven't, then you really need to try Le Jour Se Leve on your skin. It really changes quite a bit when worn. I would like it if it didn't give me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarv867 View Post
    I don’t know what you mean by dirty smells. I will say I just tried Apogee and I do like that one. I like many of the fragrances in the Hermessence line so maybe that’s why I find some of the LV ones a little too strong for my liking. But again, I like all of the LV men’s line.
    Haha dirty smell means stuff like leather, tobacco, smoke. My nose classify them as "dirty" lol.

Apogée is my favourite, followed by le jour se lève. It's changes a lot on skin.