Code of Conduct

Default Sharing some thoughts about wired a.c. smells. Would you share yours?

Ok...
    At first I thought I'd just ignore the scents I dont like, but came to realize ( as I tried) that one drop of that "terrible (to my nose) smell, can actually do wonders to a composition.
    Ok... so... amber xtreme.. smells like "sport sweat". You know, there are all kinds of sweats: "passive grandpa sweat" its the humid sweat of someone that is sweating without moving. "Active sweat" is the sweat of sport ets... so amber xtreme smells like a "sweaty basketball player with a really sharp body odor".
    But I can sence theres something very powerful and good about it.
    The one that is almost impossible for me to smell, (if I use one drop, after diluting it, I have to hold my breath when I open the bottle)
    Its smells like tons of naftalin, with a bad breath of gum problems condition.

And... styralyl propionate is a chemical gamba in vinegar
    Thats for a start,
    Your turn...
    "because the sound is beneficial for the spices" (from the Jewish prayer)

Default Re: Sharing some thoughts about wired a.c. smells. Would you share yours?

Is Amber Xtreme the same of cashmeran velvet? Tgsc says that they are the same, but i dont perceive that sweaty smell... It s just ambery and elegant...
    I think that javanol is sweaty and stinking...
    From freedom came elegance:
    in the Finnish man we trust

Default Re: Sharing some thoughts about wired a.c. smells. Would you share yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Sober View Post
    Is Amber Xtreme the same of cashmeran velvet? Tgsc says that they are the same, but i dont perceive that sweaty smell... It s just ambery and elegant...
    I think that javanol is sweaty and stinking...
    Im sorry.. I wasnt clear enough. Unlike the amberinol 95, that really makes my stomack turn, Amber xtreme has a good smell:
    The "harsh sweat" scent that I smell is hard to describe, but its not stinky.. its like a harsh chemical that feels like it's stinging your nose. Its not a scent really... hard to explain... apart from that, the smell is warm and pleasent. Sorry, I wasnt clear enough..
    I cant answer wether its like cashmeran, as I havent smelled it yet.

To me one of the hardest lessons was to realise not so great smelling materials can perform wonders if well dosed in blends. In fact I learnt to like the the smell of materials initially obnoxious to my nose just because they perform so well. Cashmeran Velvet is one of these by the way. I used to hate it, now I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by xii View Post
    To me one of the hardest lessons was to realise not so great smelling materials can perform wonders if well dosed in blends. In fact I learnt to like the the smell of materials initially obnoxious to my nose just because they perform so well. Cashmeran Velvet is one of these by the way. I used to hate it, now I love it.
    Yes I understand exactly what you mean, but some materials... really, Is there someone out there that can actually enjoy the smell of ambrinol 95 right out of the bottle?