Code of Conduct
o

Default Ultra Male similar scents

Hello!! To start with, I never tested Ultra male because it's extremely difficult to get it in my country (Argentina). And if I'm able to get it, it would be the watered down Puig version (not the B.I.P. which was the stronger). So I decided to brought Gourmand leather by Zara (it's clon) I love love the smell, longevity is impressive (more than 12 hours), but the problem at least to me, is the projection. I cannot smell it from an arm distance, I mean, I can sense it all the time but when I spray on my neck (4 sprays). I was told that untramale, the first version, is s projection monster. Impossible to get it. So my question is: alternatives that smell similar to ultra male? I read Polo red intense is pretty similar, do you know any other to suggest? A pitty Ultra male is being apparently discontinued. And for the ones owning Gourmand leather you can tell me your experience with this in project aspect 🤗🤗. Thanks and regards to all of you!!

Default Re: Ultra Male similar scents

For me the huge spicy pear note made Ultra Male what it was and I can think of any other scent that used a similar accord or vibe. Watered down reform doesnt come as a surprise though.

Best of luck finding what you seek, it seems that your country has crazy import duties for stuff like this. Wonder why there is no local clone houses making their own scents instead?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

I find it somewhat unique also. Interested to see what others say.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I faced two clones. Zara Gourmand leather is the closest one and it smells the whole day on me with 4 sprays and everybody notices it.
    The next clone is CK Obsessed. Not as close as Zara but in the dry down they all are the same.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    I faced two clones. Zara Gourmand leather is the closest one and it smells the whole day on me with 4 sprays and everybody notices it.
    The next clone is CK Obsessed. Not as close as Zara but in the dry down they all are the same.
    Really? So probably has got very good projection as far as you can tell me. Where you spray?? I will check obsessed also, has it bgot good performance? Thanks!!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk

I can't think of anything that smells like it (thankfully, as I think it's pretty bad) apart from the other Le Male flankers and Le Male itself.

Bump!

I don't really think it's watered down tbh, it's still really strong. At least get a sample and actually test it, you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebz View Post
    I don't really think it's watered down tbh, it's still really strong. At least get a sample and actually test it, you might be surprised.
    Is it a Puig Made in Spain version?? There are two versions of Puig. Made in France and made in Spain. I've just written to Puig asking for a possible discontinuation of the scent as rumors say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelp View Post
    Is it a Puig Made in Spain version?? There are two versions of Puig. Made in France and made in Spain. I've just written to Puig asking for a possible discontinuation of the scent as rumors say.

I think all of the Puig are made in Spain, at least that's all I've ever seen here in the states. It's the BPI that were in France. Either way yes mine was in Spain and it projects like a beast.

I think all of the Puig are made in Spain, at least that's all I've ever seen here in the states. It's the BPI that were in France. Either way yes mine was in Spain and it projects like a beast.
    That's great news!! Do you have idea if it's going to be discontinued?? You made my day.

That's great news!! Do you have idea if it's going to be discontinued?? You made my day.

No clue on discontinuation. It's not on their website but last time I went to the store they had full stock on the shelves so it looks like they are still getting them in? Either way I'd say get a sample, if you like it get the full. Even if it does go discontinued it won't vanish instantly, it'll still be available for a few months.

No clue on discontinuation. It's not on their website but last time I went to the store they had full stock on the shelves so it looks like they are still getting them in? Either way I'd say get a sample, if you like it get the full. Even if it does go discontinued it won't vanish instantly, it'll still be available for a few months.
    Thanks

As I know, it wasn't discontiued, but the distribution has become limited - duty free, some discounters.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    As I know, it wasn't discontiued, but the distribution has become limited - duty free, some discounters.
    Thanks!! Hope so. Maybe they are still in the process of moving BPI to Puig and new bottles of Ultramale are coming.

Any further opinion??

I’ve loaded up with 8 bottles in case they discontinue it officially

Zara gourmand Leather is extremely close as far as the smell but not the projection or longevity which is ridiculous with the JPG

Completely disagree with the CK suggestion, don’t find them the least bit similar
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Incense Oud
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Layton / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Baccarat Rouge 540
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada LíHomme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

Wish I had it! Waiting for a response because I've written to Puig company to find out what's happening with this scent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    Iíve loaded up with 8 bottles in case they discontinue it officially

Zara gourmand Leather is extremely close as far as the smell but not the projection or longevity which is ridiculous with the JPG

Completely disagree with the CK suggestion, donít find them the least bit similar

Uhhh you're not gonna like this:

It smells exactly like Aquolina Pink Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Uhhh you're not gonna like this:

It smells exactly like Aquolina Pink Sugar.
    You’re not going to like this, but you need to make an appointment with an ENT doctor
    My top 30

6. Layton / Aventus
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo

Somehow Code Profumo smelled similar to me. But not pretty sure. I'm in love with gourmand leather also!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    You’re not going to like this, but you need to make an appointment with an ENT doctor
    With all due respect, when was the last time you smelled both of them back to back? I happen to know girls who wear Pink Sugar, and I live within walking distance of a Sephora. Very easy to try for yourself without accusing others of needing their noses checked. Everybody who I've made this comparison to at first thought I was crazy, and then tried it and agreed with me.

With all due respect, when was the last time you smelled both of them back to back? I happen to know girls who wear Pink Sugar, and I live within walking distance of a Sephora. Very easy to try for yourself without accusing others of needing their noses checked. Everybody who I've made this comparison to at first thought I was crazy, and then tried it and agreed with me.
    I read a previous post of yours , the problem is that the one you mentioned is not available in Argentina.

With all due respect I don’t need to go to a store to try ultra male as I owned one of the first bottles to be released and have almost 10 of them. I also sell women’s fragrances as part of my business so I’m familiar with the Aquolina. They smell similar in the same way Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny de Vito looked similar in Twins. It’s ok though don’t be offended the majority of online fragrance comparisons don’t smell like what people claim because 50% of all men’s fragrance reviews claim “smells like Invictus” I’ve never seen any fragrance pop up more in the ‘smells like’ discussions

Going to see an ENT is not an insult, I saw one to have work done on my septum and it actually really improved my sense of smell simply by opening up the passage to the senses
    My top 30

6. Layton / Aventus
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo

coach for men has a similar pear note in the opening. Just not as loud as ultra male of course

Apart from the more or less obvious Le Male flankers, other than Ultra, perhaps also Pure Tonka and/or other AMen flankers like Les Parfums Cuir or even the initial, regular AMen, along with perhaps Guerlain LIDGE, Rochas Man, several other Zara Leather variations, irrespective if in EDP or EDT concentrations
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Apart from the more or less obvious Le Male flankers, other than Ultra, perhaps also Pure Tonka and/or other AMen flankers like Les Parfums Cuir or even the initial, regular AMen, along with perhaps Guerlain LIDGE, Rochas Man, several other Zara Leather variations, irrespective if in EDP or EDT concentrations
    Thanks!! I've got gourmand leather which is said to be identical and I LOVE it. I get excellent performance from that one. Regards!!