Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Lightbulb Penhaligon's What you Say (50% OFF) A Sale Already Up TOO 50% OFF No end Date Yet

No Code Necessary

Here's the link ; It's https secure
    https://www.penhaligons.com/us/its-a...Sale_Launch_US

Attachment 83817

5x5ml =25 mls for $19
    That's not too bad.
    https://www.penhaligons.com/us/gentl...ce-collection/
    Attachment 83818

Here's a Top 15You Tube review from Sebastian

Myself, I'll be getting the travel set .
    Hope you find something you love.
    Last edited by JBS1; 13th June 2018 at 02:51 AM. Reason: cantspeeel

Super Member Feedback 0

Default Re: Penhaligon's What you Say (50% OFF) A Sale Already Up TOO 50% OFF No end Date Yet

5 ml is bupkis! 25 ml isn't even an ounce! That's like the sample vials that department stores hand out for free. Mini-bottle sets used to be one half ounce per mini-bottle! What's gotten into these companies! They've become schnorrers!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Penhaligon's What you Say (50% OFF) A Sale Already Up TOO 50% OFF No end Date Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    5 ml is bupkis! 25 ml isn't even an ounce! That's like the sample vials that department stores hand out for free. Mini-bottle sets used to be one half ounce per mini-bottle! What's gotten into these companies! They've become schnorrers!
    I don't know anything about that.
    They sold out anyways , among others.
    They make nice gifts though , for $19 bucks that is .
    That's less than a $1 a ml . $0.76 .

Yes!
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border

Well, maybe the PUIG management has decided to make a big assortment cleanup at Penhaligon's?

Time to wait a bit .... and then see what is offered at TK Maxx!

Super Member Feedback 0

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    I don't know anything about that.
    They sold out anyways , among others.
    They make nice gifts though , for $19 bucks that is .
    That's less than a $1 a ml . $0.76 .
    That's because many purchasers are comparatively young and don't remember the days of the powerhouse classics. If you're older and used to seeing nice gift sets (I still have a few half ounce and 1 oz. bottles like Lagerfeld Photo, Obsession COLOGNE. Paul Sebastian, and a bunch of others That's the way gift sets used to be sold. 5 ml per sample is ridiculous.

Now if you want to look at it this way - 5 ml is 1/20 of a bottle and if you buy 20 samples, that's $80 or about the price of a full bottle, even less when not on sale. I agree with you that it's a decent buy. They're not really making any profit on these unlike those who sell decants around the web.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=Shave-A-Thon;4381552]That's because many purchasers are comparatively young and don't remember the days of the powerhouse classics. If you're older and used to seeing nice gift sets (I still have a few half ounce and 1 oz. bottles like Lagerfeld Photo, Obsession COLOGNE. Paul Sebastian, and a bunch of others That's the way gift sets used to be sold. 5 ml per sample is ridiculous.

Now if you want to look at it this way - 5 ml is 1/20 of a bottle and if you buy 20 samples, that's $80 or about the price of a full bottle, even less when not on sale. I agree with you that it's a decent buy. They're not really making any profit on these unlike those who sell decants around the web.[/Q

Those are designers , Penhalogin's is supposed to be niche .
    Not that that matters.
    Sometimes I can't get samples form Macy's or Dillard's
    Sephora is really good about free samples.
    You can get free samples .7 from LuckyScent or Twisted Lily .
    You can also get Gifts with purchases too.
    Just one 5 ml from some of the Decanters can cost you up to $10.00
    Yes, bread was a nickle at one time and with every fill up of your gas card or tank, you got a glass set.
    Yes, there used to be a lot of Freebies for people back then.
    On this sale sale, they did have sales ranging down to $64 a $100 ml .
    That's .64 a ml.
    You can also find some of them cheaper elsewhere, but myself I do like buying from companies directly when I can.
    I got their tin with 5x5mls for $15 a couple of years ago.
    They made really good gifts and at a decent price for today's standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post
    Well, maybe the PUIG management has decided to make a big assortment cleanup at Penhaligon's?

Time to wait a bit .... and then see what is offered at TK Maxx!
    They do this when they are phasing out different certain colognes sometimes.
    You can sometimes get great deals when the company themselves do this.
    You can get Penhaligon's at Fragrancenet at great prices.
    I got some real duds from a few of the discounters though .
    Stuff does slip .

La Vie En Lavande

Any idea if they'll add more items later or is this it? I don't want to rush into if it may change.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-690Y using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysugarav View Post
    Any idea if they'll add more items later or is this it? I don't want to rush into if it may change.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-690Y using Tapatalk
    Jerry they had, but they just took off a lot of what they sold out of .
    Just the other day the added a bunch of stuff, but they must have sold out ,
    for I noticed they took off other items that they also sold out of.
    My suggestion to you is to get on their mailing list and subscribe to their newsletter.
    They did add a boat load , but it all went.
    Penhalogin's USA is one company that will let the consumers have a shot of their over supply.
    They also might need to raise capital and reduce inventory if they are thinking of borrowing , not sure .
    English Fern sold out really quick along with Opus 1870 as well a their discovery sets.
    The two 30 mls aren't bad . Satorial last forever on me and Endymion is very nice, doesn't last as long though.
    I have a few of their 30 mls . They used to sell them off for $25 to $30 , but things change .
    I am thinking about picking up Endymion though. I like it. You'll need to decant for the day though.
    You won't have to with Halfeti . I really don't think that's one for the girls, but's my thought on it.
    best wishes