Code of Conduct

Default Shipping from UK to US

Hi guys, in the middle of sale here on basenotes I'll be posting uk to usa. Any advice on best way to ship/courier...anybody with any experience of this. Thanks

Default Re: Shipping from UK to US

As far as I'm aware, you can't send them. If you tell the post office that it's a fragrance, they won't let you send it out of the country. If you lie and say it's something else, there's a chance it could get confiscated and destroyed if it's discovered as it moves through the system.
    Currently wearing: Norne by Slumberhouse

I remember very well some years ago when the UK post service was terrifying the fragrance community destroying lots of packages of perfumes. It was like inquisition. I don't know certainly how those Puritans are acting right now. I don't believe they stopped chasing fresh heads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    As far as I'm aware, you can't send them. If you tell the post office that it's a fragrance, they won't let you send it out of the country. If you lie and say it's something else, there's a chance it could get confiscated and destroyed if it's discovered as it moves through the system.
    This is my understanding, too. They apparently scan everything that goes by air. l think you can use a private courier service, but l believe it's very expensive. My advice is don't do it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Parcels are X Rayed. The good old days of putting used cosmetics no longer works, though the odd one does seem to slip through
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

anything that fits in a small jiffy bag and is therefore still classed as a letter should be ok (my last couple of packs made it through fine). so full bottles are a no-no but small decants, samples etc seem alright