Code of Conduct

Thread: Ebayer lmb.37

Default Ebayer lmb.37

Thinking of buying Bel Ami Vetiver from 1lmb.371 (3041) 98.2% positive feedbac

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bel-Ami-Vet...cAAOSwukVa~tIS

All his negative feedback is slow or no delivery, same with neutral. Price is less than half of the offer at Fragrencenet, and less than the lowest full bottle which is about $71

I know the saying, if it is too good to be true, but sometimes, people are liquidators. This could be a good deal, but thought I would get some feedback and maybe someone else is looking for this, there are 6 bottles

Thoughts?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Ebayer lmb.37

If you decide to give it a shot, you're protected so...
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

There are actually many "never received" negatives. Why would you take the chance?

Missing Oakmoss

I don't know that particular seller, but I usually don't buy from someone whose feedback is under 99%. It's just a rule of thumb, and there can be all kinds of reasons for lower ratings, not all of them legit - but still, 98.2% would be a warning flag to me, especially because the poor feedback specifically indicates slow or NO delivery. Slow would be acceptable, NO would not!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    There are actually many "never received" negatives. Why would you take the chance?
    Not received, that's easy to dispute
    The fake juice, or it is old and degraded, that is a bit tougher. That is the situation I am concerned about. Not receiving it, heck, I could wait an extra ten days after the end of the range of delivery and after asking for delivery confirmation number and do an ebay dispute.

There's enough negative feedback within the past 30 days to make me wonder if something has happened with the seller. I think I'd rather pay more and not have to deal with any problems.
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    There's enough negative feedback within the past 30 days to make me wonder if something has happened with the seller. I think I'd rather pay more and not have to deal with any problems.
    Ah, now that I went back, 23 out of 126 feedbacks over the last month were neutral or negative. That is pause for concern and just the hassle of expecting it, not getting it and then disputing it, not worth it. Wow, I totally overlooked that, thank you

Any feedback that is less than 99% for someone that has lots of feedback, I would not use.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Not received, that's easy to dispute
    The fake juice, or it is old and degraded, that is a bit tougher. That is the situation I am concerned about. Not receiving it, heck, I could wait an extra ten days after the end of the range of delivery and after asking for delivery confirmation number and do an ebay dispute.
    It is not a question of disputing the complaints, it is both the number of them and the seller not responding to the no delivery issues. Also, just like something that happened here on Basenotes, sometimes a previously good seller suddenly goes bad for no apparent reason, so early positive feedback causes perhaps a 98-99% rating which then causes many to still trust that person even if there are many bad recent ones.