Code of Conduct

Thread: PayPal glitch?

Basenotes Plus

Default PayPal glitch?

I don't know if it's a PayPal glitch or a Basenotes one, but the annual BN Plus subscription fee was taken out of my account twice, once on 15 June, and again on 16 June (a preapproved payment). I'd have missed it but I was checking my PayPal activity for something and noticed it, so maybe BN could look into if it's happening for other users too? Thanks!

Missing Oakmoss

Default Re: PayPal glitch?

Were they for the same amount? I was just wondering if one payment might have been the subscription fee, and the other a contribution to the Basenotes tip jar.

Basenotes Plus

Hi Bonnette, yes, the two payments were for the same amount (the annual subscription fee) but my tip was a different amount, given a couple of weeks previously. It's probably just a simple glitch, and it's not that important, but just wanted to report it in case others have experienced the same thing.

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Hi Bonnette, yes, the two payments were for the same amount (the annual subscription fee) but my tip was a different amount, given a couple of weeks previously. It's probably just a simple glitch, and it's not that important, but just wanted to report it in case others have experienced the same thing.
    Drat! I'm glad you said something and brought it to members' attention. Online money transactions always make me nervous, you never know when some transient thing like that will happen.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Drat! I'm glad you said something and brought it to members' attention. Online money transactions always make me nervous, you never know when some transient thing like that will happen.
    Ha ha, me too! I hate stuff like checking my bank account or PayPal account online. Which, of course, makes it perfectly easy for stuff like this to happen and me not notice.

Hi Claire!

i’ll take a look

Basenotes Plus

Thanks, Grant! You sorted me out - although you could have kept the extra subscription and absconded to a life of luxury on Kos with the dirty proceeds