Code of Conduct

Default Aventus nose blindness

Hey I have 16LO1 and lately 30 min after appealing ican smell it is it my nose?
    Other suspicion is that I stored out of the box on a shelf on my room that have two windows, I don't believe that's it because all the notes are there.
    Also i can smell it on my shirt the next day....

Banned

Default Re: Aventus nose blindness

It happens. Darn pesky musks.

Stop wearing it for a week and you’ll be back to good old fashioned wafts of scents all day. Also try spraying away from your nose, 3 on the chest and 1 each behind the ears works nicely for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    It happens. Darn pesky musks.

Stop wearing it for a week and you’ll be back to good old fashioned wafts of scents all day. Also try spraying away from your nose, 3 on the chest and 1 each behind the ears works nicely for me.
    you dont think is becuse stored out of the box on a shelf?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by koko4 View Post
    you dont think is becuse stored out of the box on a shelf?
    It takes a fair amount of constant heat and light to nuke a fragrance, think testers in store under bright lights for 14 hours a day they still survive. What you’ve described is very common with aventus hence why it was the very first thing mentioned in the pinned thread at the top of the forum:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/439...-Creed-Aventus

Basenotes Junkie

I find the more I wear it the less I notice it on myself. My first couple times wearing Aventus (modern batches), I got wafts from 7am-6pm. Now when I wear it I get wafts for 60-90 minutes, and can smell it a bit on clothes or an arm, etc. if I've sprayed there. I try to limit how often I wear it for that reason specifically, because I love the smell so much I want to smell it when I wear it. I do find some batches do perform better than others though. The Anosmia for me is far lower with 14L01 and 16L01, and seems to be a lot worse with 18B01. Again, that could be me adjusting to it, as I've worn 18B01 most recently.

I've had this same sort of experience with Aventus, after wearing it several days in a row. As others suggested, take a few days away from it and wear something completely different. Then see how much more you are able to enjoy it after the break.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Stop wearing it for a week and you’ll be back to good old fashioned wafts of scents all day.
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm not sure why this happened, but layering a smigeon of Aventus for Her with my Aventus reduced the olfactory fatigue dramatically. Stronger whiffs longer than ever in my experience. One theory I have is that it made a tiny shift in the olfactory image, which increased the overall perceptibility - like an object becoming visible by moving slightly against a background.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I'm not sure why this happened, but layering a smigeon of Aventus for Her with my Aventus reduced the olfactory fatigue dramatically. Stronger whiffs longer than ever in my experience. One theory I have is that it made a tiny shift in the olfactory image, which increased the overall perceptibility - like an object becoming visible by moving slightly against a background.
    I'm starting to believe this as well. When a contrasting scent is available Aventus reemerges. Sometimes when I move room to room I can catch wafts again.

I'd like to propose a different idea. Although, I do agree that taking breaks is good for helping to reverse the fatigue, the other approach is to just power through it. What I find is that it'll come and go through subsequent wearings and ultimately, I end up in a happy medium where I get decent longevity and can smell it well enough. In summation, spray more worry less
    Last edited by rcc27; 25th June 2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Currently For Sale
    For Sale: Several Dua, JPG Le Male (2016 Puig version)

Current favorites (grouped by House)

Amouage: Beach Hut Man / Jubilation XXV Man / Reflection Man

Creed: Green Irish Tweed / Himalaya / Viking / Aventus

MFK: Baccarat Rouge 540 / Acqua Vitae Forte

Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I agree here with Redneck Perfumisto about the ‘olfactory shift’. I often do this by using a small spray of Viking on a wrist or into a tissue which I keep in my pocket and refresh my nostrils with. I’m as guilty as anyone else of occasionally overspraying but there’s really no need as suggested to just keep spraying. Your nose can only handle so much scent before it tunes it out to the background and olfactory fatigue kicks in.

This happens with any scent, the smell of your home is very striking and unique to guests, but you don't notice a thing. The same will happen to any scent if you wear it everyday, since Aventus is so addicting people wear it a lot and go nose blind very quickly although the opening is still noticeable for about an hour.

^ Yes. Even moving away from Aventus for a full day will bring the scent back considerably. Give it a week break and you'll probably have most of the "so this is what it's all about" euphoric feelings come back.

wear once every two weeks only -- you'll appreciate it more

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    wear once every two weeks only -- you'll appreciate it more

And post about it once every two weeks only

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigserver1 View Post
    I find the more I wear it the less I notice it on myself. My first couple times wearing Aventus (modern batches), I got wafts from 7am-6pm. Now when I wear it I get wafts for 60-90 minutes, and can smell it a bit on clothes or an arm, etc. if I've sprayed there. I try to limit how often I wear it for that reason specifically, because I love the smell so much I want to smell it when I wear it. I do find some batches do perform better than others though. The Anosmia for me is far lower with 14L01 and 16L01, and seems to be a lot worse with 18B01. Again, that could be me adjusting to it, as I've worn 18B01 most recently.
    I'm facing the same with 18B01, first 1-2 hours I can smell it and its strong but after that I forget that I'm wearing any perfume lol. So, I tested it by spraying only 1 spray on a clean pant and I could smell its projection nicely without wearing it. I put it in wardrobe and it was there the next day with just wearing it for a while I could smell it clearly. But you should not spray any other Aventus sprays during this experiment to avoid Olfactory fatigue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    This happens with any scent, the smell of your home is very striking and unique to guests, but you don't notice a thing. The same will happen to any scent if you wear it everyday, since Aventus is so addicting people wear it a lot and go nose blind very quickly although the opening is still noticeable for about an hour.
    I like the analogy with home unique smell. I noticed this several times before when visiting some people or talking with neighbors at their doorsteps

Basenotes Junkie

I go olfactory fatigue with Aventus in 30 minutes. So I barely wear it. I go with Musc Imperial instead for the similar vibe
    It's a shame, since it's such an amazing scent!

I am wearing it 3 times a week, no problem for now ... can detect the scent 8-10 hours easily.