Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Fragrances similar to Penhaligon Juniper Sling with Gin and Tonic?

Tried Penhaligon’s Juniper Sling (Smells of Gin Tonic) earlier but I’m concerned about the longevity and sillage of the perfume. I’m looking for better alternatives that perform better and I was hoping people could throw out some suggestions. Preferably under $100, if possible.
    Currently wearing: Reflection Man by Amouage

Default Re: Fragrances similar to Penhaligon Juniper Sling with Gin and Tonic?

I love the smell of Juniper Sling but have found nothing really close to it. I thought Lubin's Gin Fizz might be like it, but after I sampled it, I found they weren't close.

People have complained about the longevity/sillage of Juniper Sling since it came out, but it's never been horrible for me.

Unfortunately, if you overspray, I found it can get to be too cloying, so I just spray a little extra on my shirt. That usually helps with fragrances that are "projection-challenged". Either that or get an inexpensive atomizer to carry around with you during the day for a few added spritzes.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I love the smell of Juniper Sling but have found nothing really close to it. I thought Lubin's Gin Fizz might be like it, but after I sampled it, I found they weren't close.

People have complained about the longevity/sillage of Juniper Sling since it came out, but it's never been horrible for me.

Unfortunately, if you overspray, I found it can get to be too cloying, so I just spray a little extra on my shirt. That usually helps with fragrances that are "projection-challenged". Either that or get an inexpensive atomizer to carry around with you during the day for a few added spritzes.
    Thanks, appreciate the insight.

Juniper Sling is one of those fragrances that you can't smell on yourself after an hour or so, but I have received compliments after 6 hours so others are smelling it long after I can't

Bought a bottle of Hermès Voyage Parfum yesterday. This smells precisely like a Gin Soda, not really tonic like, but the gin aspect is sublime. There's a soft ambery incense quality to it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    Bought a bottle of Hermès Voyage Parfum yesterday. This smells precisely like a Gin Soda, not really tonic like, but the gin aspect is sublime. There's a soft ambery incense quality to it.
    I can see that comparison also. Good stuff.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

I'll try those suggestions out soon.

I don't find Gin Fizz similar either and it has longevity issues imo

Juniper is very prevalent in Costa Azzura by Tom Ford -- I think it's fairly close but definitely not under $100 unfortunately

Creed Royal Mayfair has a very nice gin and tonic accord. The list price for Royal Mayfair is higher, but I have seen it marked down at some online retailers.

L’Humaniste would give you the Gin and Tonic Vibe but not for under $100

Perhaps its just me - but I get a boozy Gin and Tonic vibe from Le Vetiver by Carven

Perhaps a vodka tonic?

And it hangs in there for a good long time

Bombay Sapphire Infusion
    Hugh Parsons Blue

I vote for Voyage d'Hermes (not Parfum!l
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

I agree with Voyage d'Hermes EdT. Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie captures the feel even better for me, but it is not strong or long lasting. Or under 100 bucks. Anyway...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    L’Humaniste would give you the Gin and Tonic Vibe but not for under $100
    I love this one - great suggestion.
    "And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault its how I'm program to function"
    Currently wearing: Pasha by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can see that comparison also. Good stuff.
    Good to know :-) ... .
    I love a spritz of water & Gin much more than with any other flavourings (no connoisseur here, just think I'm buying some of the more decent stuff).
    Concerning VdHP: It's almost exactly the same smell ... stunningly close, sipping some Tanqueray right this moment.

You're asking for longevity in a category that's notoriously short lived. I found L'Humaniste tragic.

Here are a few that will give you that zesty, freshly poured drink vibe (can't guarantee they're under a $100 but you could buy samples/decants) -

Art de Parfum - Gin and Tonic cologne (I think this would be perfect. It has none of the cheap white pepper smell that Juniper Sling has. You'll need to like cardamom.)

Olfactive Studio - Still Life

Parfumerie Générale - Yuzu Ab Irato

Arquiste - L'Etrog Acqua

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    You're asking for longevity in a category that's notoriously short lived. I found L'Humaniste tragic.
    Many people have reported this. I’m glad performance is not an issue on it for me. Quite good actually