Code of Conduct

Default Amouage beach hut man

Trying this for the first time...holy smokes this is amazing

I own and love interlude and jubilation. Ive smelled many others.

This is by far the most wearable one ive come across. Signature scent worthy

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Amouage beach hut man

Glad to hear this. I've been wanting an Amouage and Beach Hut Man sounds like the one I want. Im on a hunt for another long lasting summer scent, and plan on ordering a small decant 3 mil or so of Beach Hut Man and Bond number 9 Scent of Peace to try them out.

I personally wouldnt bother with the bond no 9...that one was headache inducing for me

Quote Originally Posted by succio View Post
    It's interesting, but for me it's far from the most wearable. But that's cool you dig it like that!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Amouage take on the eastern concept of fresh scents. Nice, but not my cup of tea. I prefer its Oman version of freshness: Journey.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Awesome! I just received a bottle in the mail today, haven't opened it yet (and never smelled it before).
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Blog Entries

Lacoste Booster Tropical Night EDP !

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Lacoste Booster Tropical Night EDP !
    Okay! I'm sold
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Millésime 1849 by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Tried this on two occasions and thought it was quite interesting. Might need to try it again.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I love Beach Hut and I love the whole trio of Amouage's Midnight Flower collection (along with Sunshine & Bracken). Extremely different from what the house has done in the past, but I am sold!

You have to love mint to love Beach Hut, because it is quite present. This fragrance has a very impressive longevity even under a scorching sun. It doesn't die.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Smith View Post
    I love Beach Hut and I love the whole trio of Amouage's Midnight Flower collection (along with Sunshine & Bracken). Extremely different from what the house has done in the past, but I am sold!

You have to love mint to love Beach Hut, because it is quite present. This fragrance has a very impressive longevity even under a scorching sun. It doesn't die.
    Yeah, Beach Hut Man is my favourite of the Midnight Flower collection (and among the my favourites of the entire house). Bracken Man is actually a pretty great utility fragrance for formal / business wear (and the one that feels the most traditional but un-Amouagey).

Sunshine Man, on the other hand, really isn't working for me. I feel that it has interesting elements to it but they got drowned in a sea of long-lasting orange vanilla sweetness. I think some of its better elements were actually reused from Myths Man, which is so much more interesting to me.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

This is really good. I just wanted to say that. It's a great summer fragrance--a combination of wearable and unique that's right on the money. If you like the concept of "ivy" as a note, the ivy accord in this one is close to perfect, and it's expertly balanced with the right kind of mint. Excellent all around, I'd give it a 9--9.5/10.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Tried this today. Seems like it was mis-named. Lots of light green and pretty relentless in that vein. I had to scrub after apx 6 hours. I thought it would be a little more joyful with a name like that. I'll try again some other day just to make sure.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Tried this today. Seems like it was mis-named. Lots of light green and pretty relentless in that vein. I had to scrub after apx 6 hours. I thought it would be a little more joyful with a name like that. I'll try again some other day just to make sure.
    Relentless is a good descriptor. I enjoy BHM but after about four hours it’s usually outstayed it’s welcome.

I think this is close to perfect. $160 well spent. Very impressive.

Basenotes Plus

On my Summer to buy list!
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue
    3.Le Monarque II/Argentium Halo De Lune/Sultanate Of Oman
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse/Au Hasard
    7.Al-Khatt/Prolixe
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic
    10.Dhajala/Fidelis/Misia Eau de Parfum

Quote Originally Posted by succio View Post
    Trying this for the first time...holy smokes this is amazing

I own and love interlude and jubilation. Ive smelled many others.

I can say exactly the same as everything you have said here and agree with you 100%

Wonderful, but in the drydown it didn't go well with my skin chemestry... Unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Wonderful, but in the drydown it didn't go well with my skin chemestry... Unfortunately!
    Sad to hear that. The drydown (which happens 4-6 hours later!) is the best part for me.

It's an odd scent in that the opening is very green and quite fresh, yet the dry down is very rich and woody - almost oudy.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_i View Post
    It's an odd scent in that the opening is very green and quite fresh, yet the dry down is very rich and woody - almost oudy.
    I get what you're saying. For me I get three broad phrases. Opening phase is the fresh minty (but also bitter) one. In the mid phase, the green deepens into darker green, vetiver and ivy (my favourite). In the final (very lengthy) drydown phase, the green further deepens and becomes woody, ambery - to my mind's eye, brown/orange with traces of dark green.

That's how I experience it anyway.... each phase is really long. The fragrance takes a lot of time getting where it needs to go... laid-back and unhurried is perhaps appropriate given the name of the frag!!
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

If I like Beach Hut, would I like Sunshine Man?
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    If I like Beach Hut, would I like Sunshine Man?
    No, I love Beach Hut but hate Sunshine

Basenotes Plus

I have a sample of Beach Hut Man. I wasn't 'blown away' by it. For some reason Amouage just doesn't get me. And I really want an excuse to buy a bottle because Amouage is such a big name in the fragrance community. I just haven't found an Amouage that I really want yet. I'll keep sniffing on Beach Hut Man in testing because I haven't really dismissed it. I hope my nose someday understands the community appeal of Amouage. For now all I can do is audition and be as honest as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    No, I love Beach Hut but hate Sunshine
    100% agreement

My wife loved Beach Hut and ended up stealing my sample from me. In my case, I liked the concept but ended up not buying as the ivy note didn't sit well with me. Appreciate though how unique this is. The dry down is like what Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum should have been. Amouage have just perfected it.

I really misjudged Bracken Man though at first. It's like a niche Cacharel Pour Homme or Givenchy Gentleman. The patchouli note is a little strong and off-putting at times but it's quite a masculine scent and seems to fit well on just about any occasion.