Code of Conduct
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Vintage Habit Rouge edc, cologne, and edt

I have added an edt to my collection of vintage Guerlain Habit Rouge. I've read mixed reviews of the edt, and I've seen a bunch of posters mentioning a preference for the edc. I had previously had a sample of the vintage edt, and thought it was comparably good to the edc, and this bottle affirms that impression.

I like Habit Rouge for being a men's version of classic-smelling Guerlain, with similarities to Shalimar. The edc and the cologne smell the same to me. The edt is different, and has a nag champa incense note, somewhat in the Guerlain L'Heure Bleue style. At this point, I like the edc and edt equally.

DSC_0054.jpg
    Some Favorites
    1. Antaeus/Antaeus Sport
    2. Chanel for Men/Chanel Pour Monsieur/Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    3. Chanel Bois Noir/Egoiste/Egoiste Concentree/Platinum Egoiste
    4. Fahrenheit/Fahrenheit Summer
    5. Patou Pour Homme/Patou Pour Homme Prive
    6. Habit Rouge edc/Habit Rouge edt
    7. Givenchy Gentleman (1974)
    8. Balenciaga Ho Hang Club
    9. Moschino Pour Homme
    10. Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Vintage Habit Rouge edc, cologne, and edt

No love for the EDP?

(I'll never again be able to encounter Habit Rouge without thinking of Mouchoir de Monsieur. The Basenoter, not the fragrance.)

If not now, when?

I agree - I love both equally and find that I can easily wear both. I can more liberally apply the EdC of course, but I am okay with just a few sprays of the EdT (it's so radiant - wow...only a few sprays is all you need).

I happen to have liked Dry, EdC, EdT, EdP, Dress Code, L'Extrait + Shower Gel + vintage spray Deodorant. I would KILL to own some old vintage HR bar soap or Talc. The 'newer' flankers are not my thing (Sport, L'Eau...etc).
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    No love for the EDP?

(I'll never again be able to encounter Habit Rouge without thinking of Mouchoir de Monsieur. The Basenoter, not the fragrance.)
    Still looking for EDP. Not easy to come by
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree - I love both equally and find that I can easily wear both. I can more liberally apply the EdC of course, but I am okay with just a few sprays of the EdT (it's so radiant - wow...only a few sprays is all you need).

I happen to have liked Dry, EdC, EdT, EdP, Dress Code, L'Extrait + Shower Gel + vintage spray Deodorant. I would KILL to own some old vintage HR bar soap or Talc. The 'newer' flankers are not my thing (Sport, L'Eau...etc).
    I actually prefer L'Eau to EDT. HAve not tried EDP, Extrait and Dry.
    My preference is EDC>Leau>Dress Code>EDT.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I guess there's no such thing as a bad habit. *drumrolls*

I only have the EdT myself and I do like it, but I'm reminded alot of a specific pie my Italian friend bakes me and mails me at Christmas time. It's a hard association to explain without you tasting the pie.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: I'mperfect by Avon

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    a specific pie my Italian friend bakes me and mails me at Christmas time.
    I would love the opportunity to say "mincemeat", but I don't believe Italians do that one.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I would love the opportunity to say "mincemeat", but I don't believe Italians do that one.
    Jean-Paul Guerlain doesn't wear blue suede shoes
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: I'mperfect by Avon

Yes!
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I have added an edt to my collection of vintage Guerlain Habit Rouge. I've read mixed reviews of the edt, and I've seen a bunch of posters mentioning a preference for the edc. I had previously had a sample of the vintage edt, and thought it was comparably good to the edc, and this bottle affirms that impression.

I like Habit Rouge for being a men's version of classic-smelling Guerlain, with similarities to Shalimar. The edc and the cologne smell the same to me. The edt is different, and has a nag champa incense note, somewhat in the Guerlain L'Heure Bleue style. At this point, I like the edc and edt equally.

DSC_0054.jpg
    Lucky man!

How beautiful these 3 bottles!

At that time Habit Rouge was still the real scent!

Not that fearsome "Wasser"-birth of today!!
    My favorites in July are Veti(y)ver's in no particular order:

Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver - EdP

Touch Grigioperla - Fresh Vetiver

Givenchy - Vetyver (Version 2007)

Atelier Cologne - Vétiver Fatal

Carven
    - Vetiver (Version 2014)
    Currently wearing: 1805 by Truefitt & Hill

No love for the EDP?

I've never tried the edp. I would be up for a sample. I think I remember Basenoter Mouchoir de Monsieur mentioning that he struggled with the wearability of the edt.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Great to read your post, Mike. I've tried Dress Code. It's so different and modern, yet still smells like an Habit Rouge flanker. I've smelled the modern edt. There's something in the style of Habit Rouge that makes me prefer the older, vintage versions. The oak moss is either there (yay) or missing (hmm). I haven't tried L'Extrait or Dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post
    Lucky man!

How beautiful these 3 bottles!

At that time Habit Rouge was still the real scent!

Not that fearsome "Wasser"-birth of today!!
    Thank you, Paradeiserl! I like how the picture came out. The 1-ounce edc bottle is down to less than 15 ml, and should be gone in the near future. The 100-ml cologne is the replacement. I hadn't been wearing Habit Rouge often with just the 1-ounce bottle, and wanted to start wearing it more.

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

I own the Habit Rouge Edc vintage version. I really enjoy the occasional wearing. Next on my buy list is the Edt.
    IMPORTANT! Marine, Navy, civilian, born there, lived or worked at Camp LeJeune, NC 30 consecutive or non-consecutive days or more from 1954 through 1987? Check out online: https://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSA...eune-water.asp Significant VA compensation available for many chemically induced cancers and other diseases.
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Still looking for EDP. Not easy to come by
    I see it for sale on Fragrancenet, FragranceX and Perfume.com, for as little as $30 for a 100ml tester. And DuNezDeBuzier has one of those 2009 silver limited edition bottles (Beau Cavalier) in his sales thread for $80.

Or are you seeking some vintage unicorn bottle? None of the threads I perused mentioned any drastic reformulations.

I bought a 10ml decant of the EDP a couple months ago and really like it. Between the citrus, the vanilla, and the powder, it's totally wearable for a female.