Code of Conduct

Default Clubman Musk vs Clubman Jeris Musk: How do they compare?

Hi folks!

I need some assistance on this.

I've tried the Clubman Musk years ago, but recently I discovered the Clubman Jeris Musk and it kinda tickles my fancy with that dark ambery colour and '70s-font and, ofcourse, being Clubman and I wondered if any of you out there have had any experience with that one?

Both being Clubmen, I wonder how they might compare (can't really fully remember the "old" one, being so long ago)?

Thanks in advance

/martin
    IMG_0987.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Default Re: Clubman Musk vs Clubman Jeris Musk: How do they compare?

Interesting. I have not tried it. I have the mini collection of the Pinauds, but I didn't know that clubman had acquired other names like Jeris, Lustray, and Osage. The website declares the Jeris "exhilarating", quite something for a musk.

cacio

Always be smelling

Curious that they are using color and font scheme that is very similar to Jovan musk.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

My guess is that they would be quite different, as many reviews of "Clubman Musk" proclaim that it's not all that different than regular Clubman. And I agree that judging by the label on the Jeris Musk that it would be closer to Jovan, but that's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Interesting. I have not tried it. I have the mini collection of the Pinauds, but I didn't know that clubman had acquired other names like Jeris, Lustray, and Osage. The website declares the Jeris "exhilarating", quite something for a musk.

cacio
    Ha ha yes, sounds promising though.
    /martin

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Curious that they are using color and font scheme that is very similar to Jovan musk.
    First, I instinctly thought of the original '74 bottle of Old Spice Musk For Men Cologne (which is seriously good).
    IMG_0998.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    My guess is that they would be quite different, as many reviews of "Clubman Musk" proclaim that it's not all that different than regular Clubman. And I agree that judging by the label on the Jeris Musk that it would be closer to Jovan, but that's just a guess.
    Yeah, you might be right. At least it seems interresting and also appears 'vintage'. I like that. And I DO like musks, so might pull the trigger on it.
    /martin

I am not absolutely certain but I don't think Jeris musk is a Pinaud product. I think Jeris is a separate business or entity. Clubman is a Pinaud product. If Pinaud bought out Jeris I had not heard. All those " barbershop" type products interest me though for sure.

Rick
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

Default Clubman Musk vs Clubman Jeris Musk: How do they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    I am not absolutely certain but I don't think Jeris musk is a Pinaud product. I think Jeris is a separate business or entity. Clubman is a Pinaud product. If Pinaud bought out Jeris I had not heard. All those " barbershop" type products interest me though for sure.

Rick
    Yes I believe Jeris is bought out, 'cause when you search 'Clubman Jeris Musk' on say Google and eBay, it comes up like that.
    And I'm with you on the 'barbershop'-group. A ton of different types all with that same defining ol'school foundation.
    I like that there is a huge bundle of small barbershop-brands out there. Especially the bay rum-types are huge nowadays. Kinda in the same way that '40s and '50s pin-up girls tattoos are.
    Clubman certainly fits that bill.

/martin

Always be smelling

Bryan Ross frompyrgos may know more.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Master is another company that sells barbershop type aftershaves. Their Bay Rum is the most common. Other popular versions are Topaz, Spice, Musk, Lilac Vegetol, Challenge, Blue, Champagne, Checker Flag and Island Breeze. There are several discontinued versions that are worth seeking out as well.

https://www.masterwellcomb.com/shop/...ry=Aftershaves

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Yes I believe Jeris is bought out, 'cause when you search 'Clubman Jeris Musk' on say Google and eBay, it comes up like that.
    And I'm with you on the 'barbershop'-group. A ton of different types all with that same defining ol'school foundation.
    I like that there is a huge bundle of small barbershop-brands out there. Especially the bay rum-types are huge nowadays. Kinda in the same way that '40s and '50s pin-up girls tattoos are.
    Clubman certainly fits that bill.

/martin
    Sorry about that Martin. I was mistaken. I remember all of those mysterious bottles up on the shelves at the barber when I was a child. The barber I went to when I was young was a real " man cave". It was in the basement of a store. I am 60 now and I remember going there and having to sit on a board placed across the arms of the barber chair so the barber could reach my head. It was always really smoky in there. They had mounted heads of deer and whole fish up on the wall with their beady little eyes staring at you. There was always a cribbage board there with a game in progress interrupted by you needing a haircut. There in my small town there were old men that would hang out in there even if they didn't need a haircut just to "chew the fat" so to speak. Many many magazines and comic books to brows when you were waiting your turn. There were no appointments in those days. They had bottles on the shelves with names like Pinaud, Wildroot, Jervis ect. ect. They always shaved your neck with a real straight razor or what they used to call a cutthroat stropped on a razor strap. They always put some powder on a towel and patted the back of your neck with it and splashed some Pinaud clubman or Violet aftershave on their hands and rubbed it in your hair before combing it. I loved leaving there smelling like the barber shop. The good old days. 1962-1963.

Rick
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    Sorry about that Martin. I was mistaken. I remember all of those mysterious bottles up on the shelves at the barber when I was a child. The barber I went to when I was young was a real " man cave". It was in the basement of a store. I am 60 now and I remember going there and having to sit on a board placed across the arms of the barber chair so the barber could reach my head. It was always really smoky in there. They had mounted heads of deer and whole fish up on the wall with their beady little eyes staring at you. There was always a cribbage board there with a game in progress interrupted by you needing a haircut. There in my small town there were old men that would hang out in there even if they didn't need a haircut just to "chew the fat" so to speak. Many many magazines and comic books to brows when you were waiting your turn. There were no appointments in those days. They had bottles on the shelves with names like Pinaud, Wildroot, Jervis ect. ect. They always shaved your neck with a real straight razor or what they used to call a cutthroat stropped on a razor strap. They always put some powder on a towel and patted the back of your neck with it and splashed some Pinaud clubman or Violet aftershave on their hands and rubbed it in your hair before combing it. I loved leaving there smelling like the barber shop. The good old days. 1962-1963.

Rick
    Whatta great story, Rick. Thank you so much for sharing. Something mine and future generations unfortunately will never experience. From a time also when making music was a craftsmanship, cars had personalities and children played TOGETHER.
    I envy you those times. But in a good way. Now I'm seriously hooked on ol'school grooming-products

/martin