Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
If I hadn't already drowned myself in Moods, I'd be tempted to go drown myself in Tai Winds. I've got a good bit of vintage Avon, that unfairly doesn't get as much use as it should.
Avon just has that sort of curse upon it. I blame the 20+ years of bogus BS they peddled onto their Avon ladies to sell in the 80's and 90's (whilst fleecing Giorgio Beverly Hills and getting in bed with too many celebrities and design houses like Féraud and Ungaro to boost prestige in vain). When they got their head back in the game for the 2000's, it was too much new product and too little too late for folks who had been burnt. In many ways, their decline echos Sears, in that they lost perspective on who their customers were. A third of my collection is Avon, or else I'd gloss over it too.

At one time they stood shoulder to shoulder with Arden, Revlon, Estée Lauder, Shulton, Coty, all the megalithic corps of the 20th century, then they flushed all their cash in diversification (again like Sears), and the balloon slowly deflated. 50's-70's Avon will Definitely match designer quality in most regards outside age/maceration though.