Code of Conduct

Default Calvin Klein Obsession Unilever

Hello, good evening to all, I would like your help with this reformulation of Calvin Klein Obsession, which I can buy online, so without being able to test it; is it better than the current reformulation? is it worth to buy it? Thanks in advance.IMG_20180713_213551.jpgperfume-obsession-for-men-ck-perfumes.jpg 3.jpgperfume-obsession-for-men-ck-1.jpgIMG_20180713_213413.jpg

Default Re: Calvin Klein Obsession Unilever

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    Hello, good evening to all, I would like your help with this reformulation of Calvin Klein Obsession, which I can buy online, so without being able to test it; is it better than the current reformulation? is it worth to buy it? Thanks in advance.IMG_20180713_213551.jpgperfume-obsession-for-men-ck-perfumes.jpg 3.jpgperfume-obsession-for-men-ck-1.jpgIMG_20180713_213413.jpg
    I have a 2016 bottle and it lasts 12 hours on my skin. I couldn’t imagine how potent the vintage was but this one is very strong .

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    Are they asking a bounty for it or a fair price?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello Hednic,cheap,only 20€.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have a 2016 bottle and it lasts 12 hours on my skin. I couldn’t imagine how potent the vintage was but this one is very strong .
    I bought the original cologne when it was released in the 1980's and it projected for an entire evening and could be smelled until the next morning. My 2017 bottle which projects for about 2 to 3 hours is like mouthwash in comparison. Sure it lasts on the skin but so what good is that if you have to make an attempt to smell it.

A 2016 bottle of Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Men lasts over 14 hours as a skin scent but who wants just a skin scent? Azzaro Pour Homme's reformulation isn't close to the original in terms of projection but one can still smell it on their arm 16 hours later. The problem is no one else can..

I want to know how long something projects even just to oneself without having to bring their arm to their skin to smell it.
    Last edited by Shave-A-Thon; 14th July 2018 at 02:39 PM.

Two great things about the pictured bottle:
    1) Short list of ingredients
    2) Not Coty, (which for me is a "Stay Away" sign, usually).

(Almost full, too, and has the original box to boot!)

It can't be too bad for 20 Euros; (that's about $25, I guess). Unless you have access to a pre-Unilever version for about the same price. I would say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelVaillant View Post
    Two great things about the pictured bottle:
    1) Short list of ingredients
    2) Not Coty, (which for me is a "Stay Away" sign, usually).

(Almost full, too, and has the original box to boot!)

It can't be too bad for 20 Euros; (that's about $25, I guess). Unless you have access to a pre-Unilever version for about the same price. I would say go for it.
    That's assuming it's been stored properly and hasn't been tampered with (i.e a partially filled bottle that's refilled). Remember too that there's degradation of the top notes after a few years no matter how well stored it is.

https://cleopatrasboudoir.blogspot.c...-perfumes.html

the perfume is new, not used, I just do not know what year it is, and that's the reason why I'm here to ask someone who has the same reformulation, what is your opinion about it.

Absolutely buy it. If you're used to the current Coty version that Unilever bottle is going to smell damn near unrecognizable to you. I finally got my hands on a Unilever bottle last month and just couldn't believe how drastic the difference was just smelling the sprayers, let alone actually wearing them. I often think people are being dramatic about this stuff but this is the rare case (Halston Z-14 being another) where there is no comparison. One gets the sense that Coty cheaped out big time on some critical base ingredient - perhaps the amber? - because it is dominated from beginning to end by a rubbery, waxy amber / musk that suffocates the whole thing.

What I wouldn't give for a bottle of the Original Obsession and Eternity. Sigh.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    What I wouldn't give for a bottle of the Original Obsession and Eternity. Sigh.
    I love wearing Vintage Obsession in the fall!

Basenotes Junkie

It's been discussed here at length. This thread should be helpful to you : http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...metics-Co-Help!