Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Chrome 200 ml bottle from 2017 - is it very weak or is my bottle counterfeit?

I bought a 200 ml bottle of Azzaro Chrome from Target during their Cyber Monday sale last November (they use Scentmonkey aka Perfume Center of America). It's a 2017 bottle and it just seems very weak. I get about 1 hour projection (90 minutes on a good day) and a total of 5 hours as a skin scent. It's probably been reformulated several times since issuance.

Here's a collage of what the package and bottle looks like. There are two batch numbers engraved into the bottom flap of the box. One is 7 digits and underneath is a 5 digits, One reviewer on Fragrantica said he had 2 letters before the 5 digits in the batch code. Note that the 7 digit code on printed on the neck on the bottle next to the atomizer. I inserted the view from the bottom of the cap next to the bottle.

Does anyone have a 200 ml bottle and box and can confirm that this box and bottle look legit? Is that where the batch code usually is on their 200 ml bottles? Is the current formulation weak or not?

I plan on going to Macy's and checking out the 200 ml packaging as well as a tester to see the performance.

Here's the link to the collage image in case the Basenotes image is too small: https://i.imgur.com/nKYgHvq.jpg

Default Re: Azzaro Chrome 200 ml bottle from 2017 - is it very weak or is my bottle counterfeit?

I bought my 50 ml bottle of Chrome a few years ago. I also find it to be quite weak. This is a shame because I think it smells great.

I doubt yours is fake (although, I really can't say that for certain). I can't speak to older releases of Chrome, but my feeling is that---at the least---the newer ones just don't project or last very long.
    "...the most expensive fragrances are those you hardly use."
    Diamondflame
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Azzaro Chrome 200 ml bottle from 2017 - is it very weak or is my bottle counterfeit?

Don't think yours is fake either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    I bought my 50 ml bottle of Chrome a few years ago. I also find it to be quite weak. This is a shame because I think it smells great.

I doubt yours is fake (although, I really can't say that for certain). I can't speak to older releases of Chrome, but my feeling is that---at the least---the newer ones just don't project or last very long.
    Thanks for your comments. I get the feeling I may be the only one who actually has purchased a 200 ml bottle! I have this collage up on Fragantica, too and while some have commented in general, it seems that no one has a 200 ml with which to compare it.

I went to a Macy's Dept. Store last week and checked their 200 ml box and the batch code structure is the same. I didn't get to see a bottle as the tester was a smaller bottle and it indeed was pretty weak.

This version doesn't handle the heat very well. I wore it to the gym a few times and it's gone in a little under two hours. It lasts a little longer if you remain in your home in a steady temperature.

One of the problems with reading reviews here and on Fragrantica (as well as watching them on Youtube) is that formula and batch codes are rarely mentioned. If someone is reviewing a 2014 bottle, it may just be that version was a different formulation and quite a bit stronger. I'm very disappointed with my 2017 formulation.

I have 2014 bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme and while it's not nearly as strong or as smooth as the bottle I bought a number of decades ago, it's much better than the current tester I smelled in a dept. store last week. That one was very disappointing.
    Last edited by Shave-A-Thon; 26th July 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

I bought a 200 ml bottle from Amazon. It was absolutely like 198 ml bottle of alcohol and water, and 2 drops of something lightly scented. I dealt with it with Amazon, and they sent me a bottle of Chrome Intense. The Intense is a good cologne, but it turned VERY chemical on me and i gave it away. It was not fake, but it might as well have been. It was a really screwed up batch, or stored in direct sunlight 120 degree heat for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason125 View Post
    I bought a 200 ml bottle from Amazon. It was absolutely like 198 ml bottle of alcohol and water, and 2 drops of something lightly scented. I dealt with it with Amazon, and they sent me a bottle of Chrome Intense. The Intense is a good cologne, but it turned VERY chemical on me and i gave it away. It was not fake, but it might as well have been. It was a really screwed up batch, or stored in direct sunlight 120 degree heat for a very long time.
    I was disappointed with several bottles I've bought from Amazon. My Aramis Havana was weak and the batch codes was barely recognizable on the bottom of the box. The bottle was 3 years old but I think it was discontinued in 2016. They also send me an Armaf CDNI Men which was definitely tampered with. In both instances they refunded the money and just said to keep the bottles.

I told them they have a serious problem and their VP of Merchandising for Beauty Supplies needs to be informed and should contact the customers. Their customer service is overseas and I doubt they understand the severity of the issue. They told me they would contact the warehous and I reiterated that this is not a warehouse issue. It goes further than that!

You probably don't remember now, but did the batch codes of the Chrome match up on the bottle and box and did you have to prime the atomizer pump a few times before any spray came out?