Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New samples from Auphorie

Auphorie is a new house which has created some buzz in BN posts. They run small batches and then the fragrance is discontinued. Two new ones out to give a shot. Their information below....

Iris Macchiato-

Notes included:

Espresso, Iris, Vanilla Bean, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Musk

Natural Spray (Vaporisateur)

Extrait de Parfum

Concentration: 33%

- LIMITED EDITION -

Iris tainted with coffee? Coffee kissed by iris? Since we love the aroma of freshly brewed espresso as well as the wonderful scent of iris, we have been wanting to create a fine fragrance that brings these two almost contradicting scents together. When sweet-cool-earthy iris meets bitter-warm-silky espresso, the result is breathtakingly gorgeous. The coffee note here is realistic enough to remind us of our morning ritual. The iris note that is present throughout the different stages adds elegance and sparkles. Vanilla bean and tonka bean further join the stage to spice up the coffee-iris show. Patchouli, benzoin, sandalwood and musk provide a sweet, creamy, almost dreamy backdrop which enhances the overall performance of the fragrance. Scrumptious and luxurious, a pure bliss in a bottle.

As with all of our other products, this fragrance DOES NOT contain any animal derivatives. All animalistic notes are composed using high quality ingredients of plant and synthetic origin only. 100% vegan-friendly.

_ _ _

L'Anima Della Rosa

Notes included:

Earl Grey Tea, Daffodil, Red Rose, White Rose, Lily, Honeysuckle, Jessamine Flower, Passion Flower, Acacia, Woodbine Spices, Woods, Moss, Musk, Ambergris

Natural Spray (Vaporisateur)

Extrait de Parfum

Concentration: 33%

- LIMITED EDITION -

A homage to John William Waterhouse and Alfred Tennyson. L'Anima Della Rosa is inspired by a Waterhouse's painting, "The Soul of the Rose", which is believed to be inspired by a poem of Lord Tennyson. While the main theme of L'Anima Della Rosa is rose, the scent is also a depiction of the beautiful garden scene elaborated in the Tennyson's poem. In this composition, we followed the imagination of the poet and explored the fragrant garden depicted in the poem. A variety of flowers as well as other scented objects are transformed from words in the imaginary world into perfume notes in real life. L'Anima Della Rosa is the one poetic perfume that not only brings a painting, a literature work and a fine fragrance together, it also juxtaposes the aesthetics of two different eras, the Victorian and the contemporary.

As with all of our other products, this fragrance DOES NOT contain any animal derivatives. All animalistic notes are composed using high quality ingredients of plant and synthetic origin only. 100% vegan-friendly.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Default Re: New samples from Auphorie

When I purchased Lantern Rouge I received both samples. The latter L'Amina Della Rosa seemed to be of interest to me. The Iris Macchiato just didn't appeal to me after the first try. I will revisit it again soon. Thank for the write up I received a e-mail yesterday saying samples were now availed on their site. I really like the scents from Auphorie.
    Currently wearing: Indolis by Areej le Doré

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    When I purchased Lantern Rouge I received both samples. The latter L'Amina Della Rosa seemed to be of interest to me. The Iris Macchiato just didn't appeal to me after the first try. I will revisit it again soon. Thank for the write up I received a e-mail yesterday saying samples were now availed on their site. I really like the scents from Auphorie.
    How was Anima liked? Very interested in it. It is a grandmother rose? Oriental rose? Fresh rose?

Quote Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
    How was Anima liked? Very interested in it. It is a grandmother rose? Oriental rose? Fresh rose?
    Oriental rose done right. Actually had my sample at my office and revisited it today. On my buy list for sure. Unisex and might lean a little feminine but not much. Tea,floral and spices weave back and forth to tantalize the wearer. Very impressed but please sample first.

Oriental rose done right. Actually had my sample at my office and revisited it today. On my buy list for sure. Unisex and might lean a little feminine but not much. Tea,floral and spices weave back and forth to tantalize the wearer. Very impressed but please sample first.
    So similar to portrait of a lady by Frédéric malle?

I hope they revisit bintourong and eternal voyage

Quote Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
    So similar to portrait of a lady by Frédéric malle?
    Not really at all at least not for me. I believe it is different that both can be owned. Still POL is master class for me.

Not really at all at least not for me. I believe it is different that both can be owned. Still POL is master class for me.
    Anyone else tried this? Had a few feedback that this isn't really a rose perfume.. It's very heavy on flowers, and too much going on, and doesn't have that rose scent. Wanting to purchase but pretty scared!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    I hope they revisit bintourong and eternal voyage
    These two fascinate me. Haven't tried them, but they sound interesting.
    Currently wearing: Fille d'Eve by Nina Ricci

Just got a e-mail today both now have become avialable in full bottles from Auphorie.

I'm interested in this one as well, and it appears Strifeknot will have splits "forthcoming". I fell hard for Mayura, bought two bottles. This one sounds interesting, just hoping it's not too floral-sweet.

Posted some thoughts on Iris Macchiatto:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/456...TO-by-Auphorie

I now have both. I like them but likely wouldn’t buy a full bottle as I wouldn’t wear often

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I initially misread the second fragrance (L'Anima Della Rosa) as "L'Amina Della Rosa" (The Amine of the Rose), and was reminded of Turin's new review of Galop d'Hermès. Any similarities of the weird rose note would be intriguing.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Voile de Jasmin by Bulgari

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Posted some thoughts on Iris Macchiatto:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/456...TO-by-Auphorie
    This one tempts. Coffee and flat, chalky, strong iris seems like it would be a great combination in my mind - like the perfect amount of half-and-half in good dark roast is just heavenly to me!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Voile de Jasmin by Bulgari

https://auphorie.com/collections/ext...eid=32e0a78575

I just received this e-mail this morning from the brothers Eugene & Emrys at Auphorie that Iris Macchiato is back in full bottle format for those that missed the boat the first time.
    Also a few others such as Miyako one of my personal favorites second only to Zen for me is back in stock also.
    Last edited by TNBLUEMIKE; 7th September 2018 at 03:24 PM.

Auphorie prices have steadily climbed up over the years...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJoy View Post
    I'm interested in this one as well, and it appears Strifeknot will have splits "forthcoming". I fell hard for Mayura, bought two bottles. This one sounds interesting, just hoping it's not too floral-sweet.
    Mayura sounds amazing! Thanks to OP, never heard of this house before. Gorgeous bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Auphorie prices have steadily climbed up over the years...
    Yes that is correct a big jump on the last two offerings for sure each up $23.00 from $135.00 to $158.00 for 30ml. I suppose its all realitve to other outlets. Looks like all scents have increased lately.

Updated the incorrect link on previous post. Sorry for that.

Resurrecting this because I got a a couple of bottles plus samples.

L'anima della rosa: as the others were saying, the name makes you think of a rose soliflore, like countless others. But instead there is more. The rose is definitely there, but there are other flowers as well- not big ones like jasmine or tuberose, more like more delicate garden flowers, in particular narcissus. There's something greenish and vegetal, as if one was smelling the stems more than the flower themselves. There's something dirty and musky as well. It reminded me in part of Twill rose, but stronger and richer. I bought a bottle for my mom, who grows roses, but I think I'll keep it for myself.

Ryukyu: got a sample of that as well. Acidic, citrusy tropical fruit, very intense but not excessively sweet and cloying. It seems to lose the excitement as it goes. But I need to try again.

Iris macchiato: as others said. A bit too literal for me.

cacio

Sampled the full range of what they had about 6 months ago and I absolutely adored L'Histoire Oubliee De Dunhuang, though it was discontinued by the time I looked to buy a full bottle. I think that is one gripe I have about this house, they rotate their fragrances out way too fast and it's anyone's guess when they decide to unvault them.

True, they prepare one batch then wait, except for what I believe is their best seller, Miyako.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Phoenix View Post
    Sampled the full range of what they had about 6 months ago and I absolutely adored L'Histoire Oubliee De Dunhuang, though it was discontinued by the time I looked to buy a full bottle. I think that is one gripe I have about this house, they rotate their fragrances out way too fast and it's anyone's guess when they decide to unvault them.
    Loved this one too. Perhaps my very favorite from the house. When I got a 10 ml of Biturong I was also late to the party like you were on Dunhuang as soon as I started to sample it was already vaulted. This house seems to move on like the speed of lightening except for Mikayo the staple.

Blog Entries

Mayura sounds like one l would have loved, but having emailed them they confirmed that there is definitely none left.

l have a sample of Eau de Nyonya on the way, though.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

teardrop

I actually did get a bottle of Mayura, blind. It's a nice dirty floral, but it is not as exciting as the description might suggest-it feels like a lot of civet was added, but just for the sake of it. Miyako is much more interesting.

cacio

Freed from BN Institution

cacio how would you compare this house to Rogue? I haven't gave much thought about Auphorie and only bothered to visit their website for the first time earlier today.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I'd say that they both go for high quality ingredients, high concentration, and somewhat older style. But rogue usually tries to go for classic form, while Auphorie goes for heavier, saturated styles with exotic flowers and fruits. It may sound like a cliche, but you do feel that the Au brothers are from a tropical country.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reassurance, cacio!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I too find Auphorie’s highly limited one-off productions problematic (I thought Areej Le Dorés were bad enough). Fell for Binturong only to see it vaulted. Oubliee Dunhuang was good but a little too sweet for me. Mayura was stupendous but too baroque for regular wear. Maharaja Oud is no slouch either but faces stiff competition in an increasingly crowded genre. Somehow I’m not moved to sample L’Anima della Rosa, Iris Machiato nor their latest Ryukyu.

I agree this house’s strength lies in its vegan-friendly animalic orientals. Their lighter No.15 didn’t generate as much fanfare. I used to get their samples at less expensive rates with next door shipping from Malaysia. After their success with Miyako they started raising prices and priced shipping charges at flat USD rates which I find utterly ridiculous since Singapore is just a car ride away.

Anyone knows if the newer batch of Miyako suffers any reformulation? I’m keen to pick up a bottle if it is still as good.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I too find Auphorie’s highly limited one-off productions problematic (I thought Areej Le Dorés were bad enough). Fell for Binturong only to see it vaulted. Oubliee Dunhuang was good but a little too sweet for me. Mayura was stupendous but too baroque for regular wear. Maharaja Oud is no slouch either but faces stiff competition in an increasingly crowded genre. Somehow I’m not moved to sample L’Anima della Rosa, Iris Machiato nor their latest Ryukyu.

I agree this house’s strength lies in its vegan-friendly animalic orientals. Their lighter No.15 didn’t generate as much fanfare. I used to get their samples at less expensive rates with next door shipping from Malaysia. After their success with Miyako they started raising prices and priced shipping charges at flat USD rates which I find utterly ridiculous since Singapore is just a car ride away.

Anyone knows if the newer batch of Miyako suffers any reformulation? I’m keen to pick up a bottle if it is still as good.
    I noticed that the majority of their fragrance were vaulted: 5 currently available and 9 vaulted according to their website. Basenotes shows 20 and Fragrantica shows 22.

It seems to me they put out a fragrance for a limited amount of time then discontinue it and move on to the next fragrance. Is this their intent?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35