Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Dependent
    Basenotes Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    TEH INTERNET
    Posts
    5,090

    Default Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo


  2. #2
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    23,589
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Well, I certainly love a new Kenzo or two, and I know SOMEBODY who will love a good Avon!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Mr. Burberry by Burberry

  3. #3
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,865
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Well, I certainly love a new Kenzo or two, and I know SOMEBODY who will love a good Avon!
    Problem is, they never brought the original Avon Life by Kenzo Takada over here to the states, because as I've mentioned, the new majority stock owners feel the country that birthed the company has forsaken it market-wise, so all we get is a spin-off LLC that keeps making Black Suede flankers and other legacy products. You'd have to shop Bonanza or eBay to find an Avon representative that ships from the UK (or wherever) to even get anything newer than 2014 here.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Spicy by Avon

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    245,862

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    I would be interested in seeing what comes from this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    23,589
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Problem is, they never brought the original Avon Life by Kenzo Takada over here to the states, because as I've mentioned, the new majority stock owners feel the country that birthed the company has forsaken it market-wise, so all we get is a spin-off LLC that keeps making Black Suede flankers and other legacy products. You'd have to shop Bonanza or eBay to find an Avon representative that ships from the UK (or wherever) to even get anything newer than 2014 here.
    Yikes! Not good!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Mr. Burberry by Burberry

  6. #6
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,865
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yikes! Not good!
    Kinda makes sense. Designers gradually became more accessible and niche filled the void of designers as wealth separation in the US grew, so Avon didn't have enough market here. Anyone cheap enough to still want it (who wasn't a long-groomed fan like me) would just the same buy a plastic body spray. Now that we've turned our nose up to Avon enough to make them headquarter overseas, they turn their nose up to us when new product comes out.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Spicy by Avon

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    23,589
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Kinda makes sense. Designers gradually became more accessible and niche filled the void of designers as wealth separation in the US grew, so Avon didn't have enough market here. Anyone cheap enough to still want it (who wasn't a long-groomed fan like me) would just the same buy a plastic body spray. Now that we've turned our nose up to Avon enough to make them headquarter overseas, they turn their nose up to us when new product comes out.
    Makes sense! B&BW really grabbed a chunk of the Avon cash, too.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Mr. Burberry by Burberry

  8. #8
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,865
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Makes sense! B&BW really grabbed a chunk of the Avon cash, too.
    And Americans are more comfortable texting their dates from across the table at a restaurant than speaking, plus have active shooters and home invasions to consider in 2018, so why would they answer the door for a stranger saying "Avon calling"? Hahahaha
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Spicy by Avon

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    23,589
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    And Americans are more comfortable texting their dates from across the table at a restaurant than speaking, plus have active shooters and home invasions to consider in 2018, so why would they answer the door for a stranger saying "Avon calling"? Hahahaha
    I remember the Avon Lady and the Fuller Brush Man. We just said "Come in!" because the door was unlocked.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Mr. Burberry by Burberry

  10. #10
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,865
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I remember the Avon Lady and the Fuller Brush Man. We just said "Come in!" because the door was unlocked.
    I tell the Jehovah's Witnesses that they can come in but they have to leave the bibles outside. Usually keeps them from coming back.

    I might check out the Kenzo line from Avon. FleeceBay has it
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Spicy by Avon

  11. #11
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    San Antonio,Texas
    Posts
    90
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Kenzo to collaborate with Avon again for new fragrance duo

    Kenzo and Avon is a really good match. I always thought Jo Malone and Avon would also be a good match especially seeing how a lot of her fragrances are unisex and Avon sells both men and women's fragrances.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000