Code of Conduct

Question Areej Le Dore Russian Musk

I am interesting in trying Russian Musk as I am a fan of fragrances that contain valuable natural ingredients such as deer musk. What are your thoughts on this fragrance? While very expensive, the rarity of ingredients might justify the price. I have a small sample of a deer musk tincture. It is nothing like the synthetic musks used in most fragrances. It smells lightly of urine, sweaty scalp, bad breath, and fur.

Default Re: Areej Le Dore Russian Musk

This will most likely not smell like that as it has a more refined aspect of the scent profile. It has a lived in feel to it and a strong powdery note that meshes quite well with the citrusy-floral character of the composition. His Siberian Musk was similar but carried rougher aspects of musks due to it being a less refined product (intentionally of course, to great effect). Well worth a try. Use a sprayer not a dabber for this one, it makes all the difference. I will say this though; I admire the workmanship he puts into both perfumes but this one is more expensive than it is worth, simply due to the quality of the other ingredients. They are unique though, for the same reason, and can be worth getting for the purposes of exclusivity. Furthermore, there aren't really any artisans around who use the real thing anymore and create scents with this european backbone. If you are so inclined the 9 ml is at a very acceptable price for testing purposes.

I am currently considering whether to buy 2 or 4 bottles of this despite mentioning it's relative worth. It's such a lovely scent.

+1 to Valier’s reply.

If you’re expecting that urinous or borderline filth you got from your tincture you won’t find it in Russian Musk. The musk here is smooth, and as soft and as comfortable as an ermine cloak in winter. As a matter of preference I wish it is less so though. That’s why I’m so glad to still have a bottle of its fur-clad predecessor, Siberian Musk.
    Currently wearing: Esencia Loewe by Loewe

Russian Musk is loaded with orange blossom and citrus notes up front. The dry down brings forward Deer Musk is rather clean-smelling with a sort of milky-animalic undertone...no urine/BO/halitosis going on with this.

I will try to get a sample next time there is a sale at the Perfumed Court.