Code of Conduct

Default Is There a Write-In for Fragrances Not in the Database?

I was wondering if there is a sort of write-in feature for fragrances that are not in the BN database. In other words, is there a way to record which fragrance one is wearing if the fragrance is not in the database? I know this is possible on another website, but if the feature exists here, I have not found it. Thanks.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Community Manager

Default Re: Is There a Write-In for Fragrances Not in the Database?

No, sorry, we don't have that kind of feature. I would recommend using a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

You can use this form to submit missing fragrances to the directory : http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    No, sorry, we don't have that kind of feature. I would recommend using a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

You can use this form to submit missing fragrances to the directory : http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php
    Thank you, furrypine.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    I was wondering if there is a sort of write-in feature for fragrances that are not in the BN database. In other words, is there a way to record which fragrance one is wearing if the fragrance is not in the database? I know this is possible on another website, but if the feature exists here, I have not found it. Thanks.
    I was JUST thinking of this same idea tonight...Because I spritzed on a bespoke fragrance that I commissioned a couple years ago. It will never be in the database, but it would be nice if we could create a placeholder listing so I could keep track of uses. I think this would be a nice feature for the future upgrade to the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Vaninger by Oliver & Co.

^^^ Agreed. I do not have any Bespoke fragrances, but I do have a number of fragrances that are not in the database. It would be nice to have such a feature on the site to keep track of such fragrances. Maybe one will be added next year, yes?

Gregory David Roberts

Yes!
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post

... and then what happens with these forms, fly right into the waste bin / virtual wastebasket??

Because, of the many of these suggestions from me, no one was included in the directory!

furrypine, you also are shown as so called DIRECTORY CONTRIBUTORS - together with Grand and Judith Brockless!

How many missing fragrances you have completed until today?
    Currently wearing: Elixir by Penhaligon's

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Actually there kind of is a way to do this, if by 'record' you mean using the SOTD feature.

There is a directory entry called tba by Unknown that you can search for (or click this link) that can be selected as a SOTD. Once you do that, in the Add Comments dialogue box, type in the actual fragrance you're wearing and it will be logged in your SOTD history.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Actually there kind of is a way to do this, if by 'record' you mean using the SOTD feature.

There is a directory entry called tba by Unknown that you can search for (or click this link) that can be selected as a SOTD. Once you do that, in the Add Comments dialogue box, type in the actual fragrance you're wearing and it will be logged in your SOTD history.
    Excellent! Cheers, mate!

Gregory David Roberts

Oooh, great tip!

I just added it to my Wardrobe so it would be easy to find in the future.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post
    ... and then what happens with these forms, fly right into the waste bin / virtual wastebasket??

Because, of the many of these suggestions from me, no one was included in the directory!

furrypine, you also are shown as so called DIRECTORY CONTRIBUTORS - together with Grand and Judith Brockless!

How many missing fragrances you have completed until today?
    It can take a very long time before more obscure or older fragrance are published for you to see. Every submission has to be cleared by Grant before it goes through and he has to take care of the other parts of the site as well. There are only so many hours of the day. I can't guarantee that none of the data you have submitted isn't lost, but the much more likely explanation is that they are in the queue, together with thousands other submissions, waiting to be looked at.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Blog Entries

l never knew about this, thanks lsoE!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    Excellent! Cheers, mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l never knew about this, thanks lsoE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Oooh, great tip!

I just added it to my Wardrobe so it would be easy to find in the future.
    Glad I could help, all! Jux, I see you're wearing Santalum Slivers - pretty good stuff, right? I thought it was neat take on the fresh citrus genre. Watery, almost.

Glad I could help, all! Jux, I see you're wearing Santalum Slivers - pretty good stuff, right? I thought it was neat take on the fresh citrus genre. Watery, almost.
    Yes! It's quite unique...I get the citrus with a slightly dirty musk. I only wish it were stronger.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy