Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried Trader Joe's products?

I have their honey mango shaving cream and it seems to work pretty well. I saw that they have a facial moisturizer with 20 SPF for only like 5 bucks or something. I'm well-pleased with the Jack Black SPF moisturizer, but wondering about the quality of their stuff. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions? Anyone tried?

Default Re: Anyone tried Trader Joe's products?

My wife bought me some of that shaving cream to try but I haven't tried it yet. I do not know about their moisturizer but their liquid hand soap is excellent.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    but their liquid hand soap is excellent.
    Yes it's quite nice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I’ve had several of their moisturizers and found them all to be quite good. Certainly excellent value for money. There’s an oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin that is comparable to the better offerings at 5 times the price, and to many that are 10 times the price (its about $8 as I recall). I tend to make my own skin products now, but this one was a staple when I could get it. Their sunscreen is excellent too - very effective even in high heat and it didn’t irritate my skin (most do).

Here is a link to their facial SPF moisturizer -

https://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-E.../dp/B007XOZYUC

The ingredients are:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.0 - Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 3.0 - Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Good/healthy product?