Code of Conduct

Default Why does it take 6 months for fragrance reviews to populate

I love Basenotes, but the review process is so slow compared to fragrantica that I feel they're making Basenotes' obsolete. If you google any particular fragrance, the number 1 hit is the fragrantica review. This should be one of the main focuses of this website. Paying to "speed up your review" is digging your own grave imo. What's the logic?

I love Basenotes (as I started here more than a decade ago), but it's getting harder to ignore Fragrantica.
    Currently wearing: Santos by Cartier

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why does it take 6 months for fragrance reviews to populate

Are you talking about reviews, or about fragrances waiting to be added to the Directory?

lt usually takes less than 2 weeks for my reviews to appear after l submit them.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

I agree with the OP, and I think anyone who has met the criteria to post on the Basenotes Marketplace should be considered reliable enough that their reviews do not need to be moderated for content.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I agree with the OP, and I think anyone who has met the criteria to post on the Basenotes Marketplace should be considered reliable enough that their reviews do not need to be moderated for content.
    Yes l agree, but is he really talking about reviews? lt does not take 6 months for these to be posted. Perhaps the OP is being sarcastic. *shrug*
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I love Basenotes, but the review process is so slow compared to fragrantica that I feel they're making Basenotes' obsolete. If you google any particular fragrance, the number 1 hit is the fragrantica review. This should be one of the main focuses of this website. Paying to "speed up your review" is digging your own grave imo. What's the logic?

I love Basenotes (as I started here more than a decade ago), but it's getting harder to ignore Fragrantica.
    If you 've waited that long your review was rejected, unfortunately. The review section on Basenotes is terrific, in my opinion, and that has to do with in-house control over what gets through. A little curating is not a bad thing and the wait period is not that long any more.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

OP, its so that the BN review section doesn't descend into the amusing yet useless equivalent of this:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/448...nt)?highlight=

Reviews are usually published within a week - although occasionally circumstances make the wait a little longer - and Basenotes Plus members' reviews are posted immediately.
    Currently wearing: Mandom by Mandom