Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Davidoff Zino Tester Question

Good afternoon all,

I am planning to purchase a couple of vintage Davidoff Zino EDT tester bottles on eBay. The one thing that is holding me back is that on the bottom of the bottle it says '88% Volume'.

I know that this refers to the amount of alcohol by volume in the bottle, and this seemed high for am EDT unless all of the remaining contents were parfum oils.

I did not see this marking on other bottles of regular production vintage Zino bottles either. Does this seem right, or might this be watered down (or alcoholed down)?

The link to the listing is below.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ZINO...9da2%7Ciid%3A1

Thank you all very much for your help!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Vintage Davidoff Zino Tester Question

I just checked my original bottles. My Original Zino has nothing on the label at the bottom of the bottle referring to volume alcohol content, but my Original Davidoff on the bottom of the bottle says 87% Volume, so it's very possible that the number you see is correct. In any case you are protected should you later find out it's not what it seems.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you very much!

I suppose I won't be able to tell if it's a fake, as I don't know what it's supposed to smell like in the first place. I have to blind purchase it because I don't know where else to get it.. haha! Do you think that there is any reason to believe that the tester is a different formulation than the commercial bottles?

Basenotes Plus

There are usually plenty of options at not terrifically inflated prices for vintage Zino. $45 for the 2.5oz or $75 for the 4.2% are what I would consider steals for a fragrance of that quality. Possibly the cheaper-looking packaging or simply lack of demand have kept prices so reasonable for that one.

Either way, you'd be getting a first-rate perfume.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by RSG1997 View Post
    Thank you very much!
    You're quite welcome. Good luck!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    There are usually plenty of options at not terrifically inflated prices for vintage Zino. $45 for the 2.5oz or $75 for the 4.2% are what I would consider steals for a fragrance of that quality. Possibly the cheaper-looking packaging or simply lack of demand have kept prices so reasonable for that one.

Either way, you'd be getting a first-rate perfume.
    Agree with all of this, and even better deals are out there for the patient and determined shopper.

To answer OP - I believe your tester is the earliest version, pre-Lancaster even. I have seen EdT's with up to 90% volume so no worries there; vintage Zino is terrifically strong. Tester bottles are the same stuff as what's in the retail packaging. Enjoy it in good health!
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

Dependent

EDT's are often under 10% perfume oil so 88% sounds pretty accurate. Zino is definitely potent.

Make sure you get the all-cursive font box & bottle.