Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Bruno Acampora discussion

Speaking of zonkered and bear rugs - I can well imagine Keith Moon doused in Musc or more likely Iranzol. And that poor polar bear's eyes are wide open, even if he's trying to cover them.

the-whos-keith-moon-on-bearskin-rug.jpg!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    No sympathy for the poor bear? It seems absolutely zonkered.

At least Burt had the modesty to cover its eyes.
    Ha ha, good point!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenas View Post
    Speaking of zonkered and bear rugs - I can well imagine Keith Moon doused in Musc or more likely Iranzol. And that poor polar bear's eyes are wide open, even if he's trying to cover them.

the-whos-keith-moon-on-bearskin-rug.jpg!
    Holy hell, that picture is awful. How 'art school project'.

At least the Burt one was going for a bit of raw sexiness. This is like some effete Greek cherub pose. All he needs is a little set of feathery wings.

Basenotes Plus

It's a masterpiece of tawdriness. That granny squares afghan with that rug. Mickey Mouse. And a wall phone hanging above a desk phone. Breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    It's a masterpiece of tawdriness. That granny squares afghan with that rug. Mickey Mouse. And a wall phone hanging above a desk phone. Breathtaking.
    And that's without mentioning the space helmet TV and the swan painting.

Blog Entries

l'm pretty sure Keith Moon was deliberately camping it up for that photo.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'm pretty sure Keith Moon was deliberately camping it up for that photo.
    Agreed, there are another two from same session that are probably inadmissible on this board!

I have Iranzol and grit my teeth through the horribly mushroomy opening to get to the wonderful drydown. My real favourite is Musc.

At least the Burt one was going for a bit of raw sexiness. This is like some effete Greek cherub pose. All he needs is a little set of feathery wings.
    Those buns need to go in the oven. I mean, nothing wrong with being a pale English dude and all, but he looks like he's got on tighty whities!

That is indeed one pasty moon. I thought the Brits were heavy self tan users? It wouldn't go amiss on dear Keit's derriere.

Anyway, I was wearing PrimaT yesterday, and still think it has one of the most arresting openings I've ever smelled; bright, brisk, green, soapy, and floral. Later on the jasmine really stood out. I never noticed that before, but perhaps since I've been on a jasmine kick this summer my nose has become better at detecting it.

Blog Entries

You guys crack me up.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it.
    Currently wearing: No. 22 Parfum by Chanel

7 Rules Collection : Où - L'Oud

This opens as a softly incense-y almond to me. There's something hiding in the background that reminds me of Matey bubblebath; that slightly astringent liquid soap smell you just knew would burn the eyes out of your head if you weren't careful (I think it's a combination of saffron and patchouli.) That probably makes it sound unpleasant when it isn't at all. Altogether a very gentle experience for something with oud in the title. Dries down to a soft perfumed rubbery smell which reminds me of being inside a halloween mask.

7 Rules Collection : Egoi - Il Patchouli

Beautiful! A really sappy, dewy, wet green with subtle notes of earth. It has very soft woody floral notes too. After a while the florals become more prominent and I'm thinking of daffodils (which could be completely wrong, but with all that sappy greenness, this is what comes to mind.) The florals eventually abate, leaving a buttery patchouli with the tiniest hint of cocoa powder.

I really loved the opening of this one and wished it would go on and on. It's a shame the rest of the journey was less arresting.

Blog Entries

Ooh, l remember Matey! That adorable bottle with the little sailor hat. You're so right about the smell, though.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Ooh, l remember Matey! That adorable bottle with the little sailor hat. You're so right about the smell, though.
    It's still on the market but looks nothing like the original version (Pictured below.)

c7b4ab6491bd9c0e0f0c85523b133339.jpg

I remember getting a free Green Cross Code sticker on the bottle and wearing it on my jumper for school photo day...well, it was silver and reflective. My mum wasn't impressed when she got the pictures back.

Blog Entries

Ha ha, thanks for the memories, Suspended!

All this talk about Iranzol made me whip out my sample and apply a nice dose on my hand. Bear in mind that the below comes from my perspective, and I don't have that much experience with green fragrances containing galbanum or vintage chypres.

What an incredibly strange fragrance. The vibe kind of reminds me of the original Alaia, where wet terracotta was the inspiration for the scent.

Iranzol opens up with mushrooms perfumed with soapy white musk on a bed of green galbanum. You can really sense that Acampora's Musk is very much related to this. The overall effect is indeed that of wet stone or petrichor, and rather sharp at the start.

The sharpness however mellows rather quickly, and the scent turns in to a green, vegetal-yet-clean musk scent. The sandalwood starts to peek through, but is in no way overt. It becomes a little more so towards the end, where it lends to the impression that the previously squeaky clean musk is turning raunchier.

It's an interesting scent, but rather difficult to pull off for me and not quite my bag.