Code of Conduct

Default Ranty Post! HoF UK Customer service - again! (with a positive ending!)

Oooomph! Pretty steaming!
    Second awful experience at HoF UK in as many visits!
    Quick google shows many have the same experience - rated 1 star for customer service - wowsers for a 'luxury/high end retailer'!

1. Whack staff with canae be bothered attitude and everything they don't know is 'discontinued' Angry face!
    2. Security on your shoulder ruining your sniffing experience
    3. Staff not taking well to you showing the tiniest iota of fragrance knowledge ( not to show off - we're here for the love of fragrance - but in the interest of a genuine discussion )
    4. Might as well have been told to 'b*gg*r off' by staff who've assumed you're there to pinch things and look like they don't want to be there as much as they don't want you there! Response from SA " you're better off elsewhere" - !!!???

Can understand why the high street is in danger when such basic pillars of customer service seem to be made of sand here. Is it a case of pay peanut - get monkeys?!

On a lighter note - being in between things myself - and having been in customer service (my motto being customer is king!) and run small customer facing business over 10yrs - in my complaint to HoF - I nominated myself to be employed as a fragrance SA - vowing to provide excellent and engaging customer service! Worth a punt ey!

Oh basenoters soothe me!

Default Re: Ranty Post! HoF UK Customer service - again! (with a positive ending!)

Sorry to hear about your dreadful experience. I suppose HoF employees are getting the jitters and projecting them on anyone unfortunate enough to cross their paths. Hard times lie ahead. Were they not in the process of closing some 31 stores??

Default Re: Ranty Post! HoF UK Customer service - again! (with a positive ending!)

The staff in the Belfast branch are brilliant. Very friendly never had a security person anywhere near me, usually only see them around the entrance. I only go to the beauty hall so no idea how the rest of the store is? On first name terms with the perfume counters staff.

House of Fraser is in big trouble so perhaps the staff more worried about their jobs? Though seems the Belfast and Glasgow stores outperform all the other stores and will be sold if necessary as going concerns as stand-alone stores.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Woman In Gold by By Kilian

I'm sorry to hear about your HoF experience.

I don't look like their 'anticipated' / 'typical' customer either, but I have never had a problem.
    I've always had great service and fragrance conversations/discussions with SAs in various HoF stores, including quite recently.

Branches are low on stock in the current situation, especially (but not only) those stores facing imminent closure. Staff must be very demoralised at the moment.
    November Rotation : Penhaligon's Elixir; Caron Yatagan; Etro Vetiver, Ambra, Gomma; CdG Avignon; Robert Piguet Casbah; Lalique Encre Noire; Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme
    Sampling : Jacomo de Jacomo; Hermes Equipage, Equipage Geranium, Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver; ELDO Je Suis un Homme, Eloge du Traitre
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Yeah, lol kinda feel bad for laying into them! I hear going into admin - tempted to get a small loan from the bank to purchase a bulk of discounted (hopefully!) fragrances!
    I'm in central Birmingham- I can understand we live in morally corrupt times hence everyone is under suspicion,and perfume is likely the most pilfered item.

Yep as a person of visible ethnic origin ( lol yet thoroughly British born n bred! I was a mod and then a hippy and then a bit dandy - before discovering 'normcore'!) and with my laptop satchel probably puts me in the 'to watch' category. Shame that the ignorant and divisive politics is filtering down to the man on the street .
    Alas, back to the topic...

Positively there are 1 or 2 SA's that I guess have been there for a long time and are dedicated to fragrance - that do engage with you and its a pleasant experience sharing love for fragrance. Lovers love the company of lovers of the beloved!!

And today's SOTD is my sample of Aramis 900 - oh yeah - a walk taller frag -boom!
    xxx

no motivation to be nice anymore

OP, they had no just cause to be rude to you no matter what.

Seems each store can be very different how friendly staff are.

They have just been bought for 90 million but not all the stores will survive
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Woman In Gold by By Kilian

Thanks all for soothing me sores!
    Yeah difficult times , thank you all for the positivity!
    Much love and stay smelling gooooood! X

Sorry to hear this, Ifti. It's the same on this side of the Pond. Luxury boutiques who look irritated when you ask for help, don't return phone calls.

Some high end department store perfume counters mix up orders, and then expect you to be inconvenienced for it. Once I order an exclusive Chanel, and they sent me the wrong one. Their remedy was for ME to ship the fragrance back (clear across the country) after I had to wait a week to received the return label, and THEN they would ship me the correct item I ordered. This would have taken two weeks! Utterly unacceptable.

I asked why this was, and I was told I had one of their bottles, inferring that I might steal it! I immediately demanded they ship my bottle next day air shipping. They seemed annoyed, but I was in no need to placate anyone. If I "kept" the other bottle, they could charge me for it, after all, they had my credit card number.
    "Why the cologne?"
    "Geez, can't a guy smell good?"
    Film, "Low Down." 2014
    Currently wearing: Hypn˘se by Lanc˘me

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Sorry to hear this, Ifti. It's the same on this side of the Pond. Luxury boutiques who look irritated when you ask for help, don't return phone calls.

Some high end department store perfume counters mix up orders, and then expect you to be inconvenienced for it. Once I order an exclusive Chanel, and they sent me the wrong one. Their remedy was for ME to ship the fragrance back (clear across the country) after I had to wait a week to received the return label, and THEN they would ship me the correct item I ordered. This would have taken two weeks! Utterly unacceptable.

I asked why this was, and I was told I had one of their bottles, inferring that I might steal it! I immediately demanded they ship my bottle next day air shipping. They seemed annoyed, but I was in no need to placate anyone. If I "kept" the other bottle, they could charge me for it, after all, they had my credit card number.
    Hoping the bad experiences are few and far between for everyone! I was moved to write my one and only ever complaint review on Trustpilot - it seems HoF is really poor like 1.5/10 .One even said they took 5 days off work with mess ups ! That would be soooo infuriating! What with the UK anywhere between 15-25 holidays allowed per annum! And since the news of HoF purchase by a bulk/budget sport retailer ( whom have their own fair share of awful practices in the news recently) the reviews have gone bananas - HoF stepping in to try and shut them down!

I guess its the same with the 'high street' over the pond ( the malls?) suffering from numerous factors - online , service etc. It is pretty sad - things are moving at such a pace - who knows how we'll be shopping in the near future - bots!?

Again, wishing you all good experiences going forth! x