Code of Conduct

Default Perfume Samples & Decants

It's been past one week since I last e-mailed them.

I signed up for their newsletter and made a sizeable order for the first time. They have brands that I don't find elsewhere. (I don't do e-bay or paypal - they make me nervous.)

I never got any acknowledgement about the newsletter. They charged me full price when they promised a 10% discount. I sent an e-mail about that and I did get reimbursed.

I received my order (I don't worry much about how long it takes, but it was okay). There was a mistake in it. I find that this happens from time to time in a large order, so I don't usually get that irate about it but considering I had already had a couple of things go wrong, I was annoyed this time. Then I read their website and they had a banner that said they were overwhelmed with orders and behind. No kidding.

In my next e-mail which I sent immediately I explained my situation carefully and only asked for a $2.70 refund, mentioning that if they wanted to go to the trouble of sending me the missing amount of perfume instead, that their competitors usually tossed in a couple of freebies for my trouble when they screwed up my order and they were free to do that.

I got nothing.

Apparently they are not interested in my business and I'll have to do without.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Perfume Samples & Decants

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    I got nothing.

Apparently they are not interested in my business and I'll have to do without.
    Sorry to hear that. Perhaps it is time to look elsewhere.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sorry to hear about the poor service you received. Which site did you use?

I used the site that is the same name as the title of this thread.

I think I might have a happy ending, though. I just now received word from them that my last e-mail landed in their spam folder. They apologized, gave me my refund, and also gave me a discount on my next order. I hope that will be the end of my problems with them, because there were a few of them.

Not the end of my problems with them.

The code they gave me didn't work. Jeeze.

Got reimbursed for the discount. Order received in good condition. I hope this is the happy ending I'm looking for.

Very poor customer service. I’ve never had a response to any email I’ve sent, so I stoppped ordering from them. On one occasion, I wanted to order a larger quantity of a discontinued perfume they have. Nothing. There are better options out there.