Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    I'm on the interwebs. And you are too? What a coinkydink!
    Blog Entries

Default Bon Parfumeur - any fans?

I recently sniffed through their line and enjoyed it. 001 piqued my interest immediately (orange blossom, petitgrain, bergamot), but that might have had something to do with the fact that it was insanely hot outside at the time.

Any fans of this line?
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Aqua Universalis
    Petit Matin
    Aqua Celestia
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Prada L'Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Dior Homme
    Grey Vetiver
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Noir De Noir
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Bon Parfumeur - any fans?

I have 14 from the house. I'm missing I believe 4 of their offerings. Have been to their boutique in Paris. Very nice, very reasonably priced and well-made IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Looks interesting!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Mr. Burberry by Burberry

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    I'm on the interwebs. And you are too? What a coinkydink!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Looks interesting!
    They really are. I'd highly recommend checking them out if they're carried by anybody where you live. I found them at a local boutique here in Portland (Spruce Apothecary, inside the downtown Canoe store - Canoe is a really cool shop).

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Very nice, very reasonably priced and well-made IMO.
    Yeah, their bottles are 30ml and sell for $48. And though I only tried them in store, except for 001 which I sprayed on the back of my hand, I was impressed. They smelled like they were well made rather than being another harsh chemical quick-release faux-niche house. There are so many new niche houses that smell like the same cheap chemical concoctions found among designer rush-job flankers. But I don't get that vibe from Bon Parfumeur at all. They don't smell hip & trendy though. Instead, at least to me, these smell modern but timeless and well crafted.

001 is a good example of what I mean. In theory, 001 is their "cologne" style scent. They list orange blossom, petitgrain & bergamot on the label, and that's what it smells like. It doesn't have that trendy scratchy fake wood base or the prickly fake-fizzy chemical smell found in so many scents labeled cologne or sport. It's none of that nonsense. Instead, it's a very smooth orange blossom, petitgrain & bergamot scent. It reminds me quite a bit of Petit Matin by MFK, actually, but it's certainly no copy.

These smell better than the price would lead one to expect. I smelled them before I knew the price. I assumed they were in the $150 range. They were on a shelf below some Imaginary Authors and DS & Durga stuff. They smelled faaaaaar more natural than DS & Durga, and they smell less trendy and experimental than Imaginary Authors (I mean no disrespect to Imaginary Authors. I have tons of respect for what they do).

Granted, that was just a first impression, but I was impressed. I'll probably pick one up at some point. The price sure is right!
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Aqua Universalis
    Petit Matin
    Aqua Celestia
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Prada L'Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Dior Homme
    Grey Vetiver
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Noir De Noir
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Just checked. Unfortunately Spruce Apothecary doesn't carry the 100ml size.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.