Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus and it's Ingredients? BHT?

Hey pep's i'm new to this, and to Creed Aventus. I just got my 4 oz bottle of Aventus batch# 17Q11 and a 8.4 Flacon batch# 18B11 ok here is my question i was reading the ingredients and right at the end on both of them the very last ingredient is BHT, isn't BHT bad for you? I did some reading on it and it say's that BHT messes around with your hormones and to avoid colognes that use or have BHT in them? so now i'm like wow i just got these 2 bottles worth about $1000+ for both and i love the smell but they both have BHT in them? Does anybody have any more info on this stuff? Thanks.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Creed Aventus and it's Ingredients? BHT?

http://www.basenotes.net/forums/293-...entus-Subforum

BHT is an anti-oxidant, but it might be in... a lot of stuff. So if you stop wearing any frags that have it, there might be loads more of other stuff you use that still contain it, including food probably. And fabric softener, etc.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Yeah well i hope it's not that bad because i've been wearing Creed Aventus everyday for 4 days in a row now i just love the smell of it. lol

At the levels they are (or should be) using BHT it poses very little safety risk.

Besides, don't forget this will be the most pristine and blue-moon harvested BHT in the history of antioxidant harvesting. Somehow miraculously natural too. (Funnily enough, they could have used something natural).

Anyway, there will no doubt be good discussions of this (the antioxidant not the fragrance) in the DIY section:

http://www.basenotes.net/forums/15-Fragrance-DIY
    Huh, expected the Rocky mountains to be a little rockier than this...

Look at the ingredients in your anti-perspirant, aftershave, hair gel, detergent, etc.
    Despite evidence of proven health risk/complications associated with specific ingredients companies continue to pump them into their products while advertising how natural they are.
    Even as educated consumers we are normally not deterred by this and choose to turn a blind eye.
    No one can tell you what level of risk is acceptable to you as an individual. If the ingredients in a product or practices of a company do not align with your level of toleration simply stop using it.
    If this means so much to you Individually perhaps you would have been better served doing more research before the purchase.

If you really want to freak out start reading and researching the ingredients on the labels of the foods you ingest. Itís not just sweeteners and sodas either. Health foods are some of the most egregious offenders. Granola bars, protein shakes, etc. not to mention the amount of pesticides and insecticides found in our fruits and vegetables or hormones and steroids found in our beef, chicken, and poultry.....we can Drive ourselves crazy really.

The level of BHT in Aventus is low on my list of concerns personally but then again Iím also not a free range, organic health food fanatic either.
    I still enjoy Captain Crunch

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by wewex View Post
    Yeah well i hope it's not that bad because i've been wearing Creed Aventus everyday for 4 days in a row now i just love the smell of it. lol
    You should be just fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by wewex View Post
    Hey pep's i'm new to this, and to Creed Aventus. I just got my 4 oz bottle of Aventus batch# 17Q11 and a 8.4 Flacon batch# 18B11 ok here is my question i was reading the ingredients and right at the end on both of them the very last ingredient is BHT, isn't BHT bad for you? I did some reading on it and it say's that BHT messes around with your hormones and to avoid colognes that use or have BHT in them? so now i'm like wow i just got these 2 bottles worth about $1000+ for both and i love the smell but they both have BHT in them? Does anybody have any more info on this stuff? Thanks.
    I did a google search for “what is BHT” and got quite a few results.