Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
o
    not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SIXTEEN92 Discussion Thread

Mind Over Matter...

This one, is very similar to others in this house, in that it can be assessed as a gourmand. Lightly sweet. Cookies or dense cake or muffins. Definitely starchy. Nearly a wet straw accord.

The baked goods accord dissipates, as iris moves in. Iris is dainty. Musk, and a woody-smoke vibe join in, not long after.

Vaguely patchouli oriented, in time. I'd give it three stars.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Unseen Arts.

Perfume, wafting in on a draft, from another room. Dampness, in a room with thick stone walls. Mixed accord of amber, labdanum, benzoin, and something else. Sweet, flower petals. Smoky, vanilla incense. Boozy, cherry note. Ends up being an amber-like thing, with hints of patchouli. All in all, a lovely autumn scent with a bit of hippie-fun, mixed in.

4 stars...

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Mind Over Matter...

This one, is very similar to others in this house, in that it can be assessed as a gourmand. Lightly sweet. Cookies or dense cake or muffins. Definitely starchy. Nearly a wet straw accord.

The baked goods accord dissipates, as iris moves in. Iris is dainty. Musk, and a woody-smoke vibe join in, not long after.

Vaguely patchouli oriented, in time. I'd give it three stars.
    Unseen Arts.

Perfume, wafting in on a draft, from another room. Dampness, in a room with thick stone walls. Mixed accord of amber, labdanum, benzoin, and something else. Sweet, flower petals. Smoky, vanilla incense. Boozy, cherry note. Ends up being an amber-like thing, with hints of patchouli. All in all, a lovely autumn scent with a bit of hippie-fun, mixed in.

4 stars...
    Great reviews. I really enjoy MIND OVER MATTER, I get an oily vanilla from it with herbal tea.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

This popped up on Instagram today - the second one looks particularly interesting!

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 11.54.02 AM.jpg
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Great reviews. I really enjoy MIND OVER MATTER, I get an oily vanilla from it with herbal tea.
    Thank you!....

Losers Club... Reminds me of a fair or carnival. A mixture of odors of various things at such locations. Metal, sugary treats, plastic, wet straw trampled under foot. Fairly linear, for awhile.
    Moldy basement accord... Pink, fluffy sugar smell.

Not bad... 3 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    This popped up on Instagram today - the second one looks particularly interesting!

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 11.54.02 AM.jpg
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Malum Malus...

Three stars... Faint apple, as in a kitchen smell, something baked earlier in the day. Lingering. Starch. Then hay. Older hay, in fact. Apple comes and goes. There is an autumnal, breeze smell - drying foliage, and brown things. I smell pumpkin, without the usual spices associated with this squash. No allspice or cinnamon. I get a raw sugar smell. Apple, still comes and goes. Outdoor aromas go on and on... Later, I get traditional baking spices and Claire's famous wet soil / dank earth smell / cellar accord.

Malum Malus...

Three stars... Faint apple, as in a kitchen smell, something baked earlier in the day. Lingering. Starch. Then hay. Older hay, in fact. Apple comes and goes. There is an autumnal, breeze smell - drying foliage, and brown things. I smell pumpkin, without the usual spices associated with this squash. No allspice or cinnamon. I get a raw sugar smell. Apple, still comes and goes. Outdoor aromas go on and on... Later, I get traditional baking spices and Claire's famous wet soil / dank earth smell / cellar accord.
    I loved this one. Got a lot of apple from it.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Re: Oh No ... Petyr Got Him

Ancient snowy cobblestone, olive wood, crypt moss & grave dirt, black cypress, chimney smoke, overgrown tendrils of ivy, fresh blood, a crudely-whittled stake

Oh my. Intrigued. This might be the one that could finally turn to Unum LAVS (2013) and say, “Hold my beer.”

I’m a sucker for these macabre presentations.

Just ordered all 3 of the What we do in the shadows scents. Funny they're for Halloween but I won't get them until Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    Just ordered all 3 of the What we do in the shadows scents. Funny they're for Halloween but I won't get them until Thanksgiving.
    Congrats! Please report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Basenotes Plus

I'm back to sampling this marvelous house. I ordered a bunch from the Falloween collection. I love how atmospheric their scents are. They really plug into memories and feelings, often ambiguous and amorphous, sometimes crystal clear. I'll report back.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: High Frequency by Initio

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel5 View Post
    I'm back to sampling this marvelous house. I ordered a bunch from the Falloween collection. I love how atmospheric their scents are. They really plug into memories and feelings, often ambiguous and amorphous, sometimes crystal clear. I'll report back.
    Welcome Back, Hazel! Looking forward to your impressions of them.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Basenotes Plus

Welcome Back, Hazel! Looking forward to your impressions of them.
    Thanks! If memory serves it may be a while before I get the samples, which is fine! I have plenty of others....
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: High Frequency by Initio

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel5 View Post
    Thanks! If memory serves it may be a while before I get the samples, which is fine! I have plenty of others....
    Yes indeed. She seems to take about 3 weeks to send anything.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Dead Is Better.... Smells of deep, dark, dank woods. Not of wood itself but, of the wooded acre I trudged through on our property, as a child. The pine is very natural smelling. An asphalt note moves in slowly. It is of wet, asphalt, like after rain.

Some sort of faint berry note. Soil smell. Some tree, pine needle, still. Definitely a cold, dark fragrance. Like coming snow.

Later, fir scent rises again, nearly takes over in a cloud of wintry comfort. Closer to the skin the dankness and old earth notes remain. This, is a very moody scent. Hints of what I think are of berry, mingle in once more, in the dark. Four stars, I give, this one!

Dead Is Better.... Smells of deep, dark, dank woods. Not of wood itself but, of the wooded acre I trudged through on our property, as a child. The pine is very natural smelling. An asphalt note moves in slowly. It is of wet, asphalt, like after rain.

Some sort of faint berry note. Soil smell. Some tree, pine needle, still. Definitely a cold, dark fragrance. Like coming snow.

Later, fir scent rises again, nearly takes over in a cloud of wintry comfort. Closer to the skin the dankness and old earth notes remain. This, is a very moody scent. Hints of what I think are of berry, mingle in once more, in the dark. Four stars, I give, this one!
    Great review, thanks for sharing HOP! You got a lot more detail on this one than me. My notes were:
    A tart berry. Almost juniper like and sweet. Crisp pine. Not getting much evolution or range on this one at this point. The dry down in about four to five hours is a skin sent but it lasted and lasted tenaciously. I get a hint of earthiness and pine and that’s about it. Overall this one was a little too weak for me.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Great review, thanks for sharing HOP! You got a lot more detail on this one than me. My notes were:
    A tart berry. Almost juniper like and sweet. Crisp pine. Not getting much evolution or range on this one at this point. The dry down in about four to five hours is a skin sent but it lasted and lasted tenaciously. I get a hint of earthiness and pine and that’s about it. Overall this one was a little too weak for me.
    Most of Claire's scents, I get all kinds of layers, nuances. This, was one of them. Right now, I am sampling Redrum. And damn, if I can discern things, here! I like it thus far. Well-blended, IMO.

Just got an email that the Winter Collection samples will be mailed to the Circle Club next week. All new scents. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Thank you for the reviews of Dead is Better. It is probably my favorite scent by Sixteen92. I own a FB and travel spray of it, and I have already ordered a backup bottle. Please note that I love a good fir + berry combination (Cape Heartache for example). Everyone who smells DiB on me smells something different. Some smell berry, others smell pine, and still others primarily smell the “grave mud.”

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Darkness Was Enough... Definitely, to my liking! I'd be inclined to describe this as esoteric. Deep. Rich. Slight skankiness. Evocative. Old, wood cabinets filled with odd curios. Ancient spells cast, at an altar with various, smoldering things. The notes are very well-blended, in this frag. Peeks of smoke, wood, honey, and saffron.

Mellow, amber accord settles in, later. Still smell bits of saffron. Seems to smolder more and more, as it settles. I like!

Darkness Was Enough... Definitely, to my liking! I'd be inclined to describe this as esoteric. Deep. Rich. Slight skankiness. Evocative. Old, wood cabinets filled with odd curios. Ancient spells cast, at an altar with various, smoldering things. The notes are very well-blended, in this frag. Peeks of smoke, wood, honey, and saffron.

Mellow, amber accord settles in, later. Still smell bits of saffron. Seems to smolder more and more, as it settles. I like!
    Glad you enjoyed this one.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Winter Circle samples are being sent out.

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Redrum... Four stars. I am enamored. Cold and warm, booth. Old horsehide leather that has been well-maintained. Animal scents - large and small. Suede. Wet suede. Foggy notes. Orris root vibe. Old paper.

I couldn't associate this as something related to a horror movie. It seems far too "friendly", seductive even. It's fuzzy, soft, furry, and comforting.

I smell cedar, like Virginia cedar, and still something iris-like. Beautiful!

Redrum... Four stars. I am enamored. Cold and warm, booth. Old horsehide leather that has been well-maintained. Animal scents - large and small. Suede. Wet suede. Foggy notes. Orris root vibe. Old paper.

I couldn't associate this as something related to a horror movie. It seems far too "friendly", seductive even. It's fuzzy, soft, furry, and comforting.

I smell cedar, like Virginia cedar, and still something iris-like. Beautiful!
    This was a tough one for me. Rather abstract. I got some oud and petrol that reminded me of Bvlgari Black. Definitely foggy as you say, I thought gauzy like cobwebs.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Just received my Winter 2019 sample set!

ȦRSENIC: Juniper distillate, chlorophyll, English ivy, frozen tomato leaf, white cotton, powdered rock candy

ĊHLOROFORM: Crystalline glass, snow flurry, grey ozone, sugar cube, oxygen, frozen iris, tattered lace

ĊYANIDE: Amaretto liqueur, pink heliotrope, honey-soaked dates, hawthorn flower, nutmeg, rum

ĿAUDANUM: Sticky opium, whisky, oud, black pepper, brown leather, hearth smoke, saffron, dark amber (premium)

ṨTRYCHNINE: Black tea, Calabrian bergamot, Moro blood orange, black figs, cedar heartwood, anisette cookie crumbs

Plus a bonus holiday sample "Twelfth Night" without notes
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Just received my Winter 2019 sample set!

ȦRSENIC: Juniper distillate, chlorophyll, English ivy, frozen tomato leaf, white cotton, powdered rock candy

ĊHLOROFORM: Crystalline glass, snow flurry, grey ozone, sugar cube, oxygen, frozen iris, tattered lace

ĊYANIDE: Amaretto liqueur, pink heliotrope, honey-soaked dates, hawthorn flower, nutmeg, rum

ĿAUDANUM: Sticky opium, whisky, oud, black pepper, brown leather, hearth smoke, saffron, dark amber (premium)

ṨTRYCHNINE: Black tea, Calabrian bergamot, Moro blood orange, black figs, cedar heartwood, anisette cookie crumbs

Plus a bonus holiday sample "Twelfth Night" without notes

Screenshot_20191119-151350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oooh thanks! Sounds like I might really like that one.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Yes thanks for posting. I received my Winter samples as well but. I received Snowed In.

I'm a little confused. I thought Circle members get Holiday samples too. I have to go back and read everything. I could be wrong. I saw on IG that both. will be available for the sale so I'm wondering if. I should have had the holiday samples. too.

I did try Laudanum today and I liked it more than I thought I would since I'm a gourmand lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcaramellatte View Post
    Yes thanks for posting. I received my Winter samples as well but. I received Snowed In.

I'm a little confused. I thought Circle members get Holiday samples too. I have to go back and read everything. I could be wrong. I saw on IG that both. will be available for the sale so I'm wondering if. I should have had the holiday samples. too.

I did try Laudanum today and I liked it more than I thought I would since I'm a gourmand lover.
    I looked back at the Circle page on her site and it says that with membership you get:

Collection / Ships Approximately

Summer 2019 / May 2019

Fall & Halloween 2019 / August 2019

Winter 2019 / October 2019

Spring 2020 (released March 2020) / February 2020

Exclusive Limited Edition 6mL fragrance TBD (will be included with a regularly-scheduled shipment)

So it looks like Holiday 2019 is NOT included as a sample set for Circle members.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast