Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Default Re: SIXTEEN92 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty2Shoes View Post
    Cut It Out - This definitely has the Sixteen92 signature notes. Sweet almond notes up front and light touch of cream, almost whipping cream. Definite sugar cookie notes. Nice but reminds me of a Bath & Body works lotion, but not as uber sweet. Lasted a good 4 hours before only being the slightly tinge of a skin scent.

Good Morning Bayside High - Green and leafy opening with Zebra Stripe gum and teen deodorant. I was hoping to catch a metallic note, but sadly didn't. Definitely reminds me of Junior High scents. Barely lasted 3 hours on my skin. Dry down was not very pleasant.

I graduated from high school in 1995 so these are definitely in my genre. I was into grunge hard core and watched Daria and My So Called Life (I wanted to be Angela Chase and even dyed my hair that shade of red later on. I'm saving those for tomorrow.
    Oh yes, I remember when Sub Pop records first launched before they were bought by a corporate label. I joined their singles record collection and got Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick. Still a great song and to me that founded the grunge movement not Nirvana. I saw them live in college once too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGsT_qFMBs
    Dinosaur Jr. was another favorite of mine back then.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

�� it hurts to look at you // My So-Called Life // summer bonfire, petrichor, night sky, lonely manicured lawns, oil puddles in parking lots, fresh hair dye, the feel of his shirt against my elbow (premium)
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    �� MY OPINIONATION // Blossom // peach syrup, dried apricot, green fig leaf, torn notebook pages and pencil shavings, crushed velvet, and a waft of incense from your brother’s room

It Hurts to Look at You - definite metallic notes although not full on petrichor like I imagined. Slight smokey notes, although really in the background. There is something floral in here. Being honest here....I applied this four times between yesterday and today to try and figure out the notes or ambiance of this. It really smells like faint smokey metal and really light at that. I know this is the 'premium' perfume but this stuff doesn't last beyond 1-2 hours and my nose barely detects a thing. Disappointed with this one.

My Opinionation - I never watched Blossom so I don't have a tv show reference. Definite peachy tones and nag champa. Basically it - peach nag champa. This is one of the better of the set and actually quite nice. I'm not head over heels for it but I do like the very subtle scent of paper and fig, although it's hidden.
    Something something....something....

Avatar picture taken at Kew Gardens.

�� it hurts to look at you // My So-Called Life // summer bonfire, petrichor, night sky, lonely manicured lawns, oil puddles in parking lots, fresh hair dye, the feel of his shirt against my elbow (premium)
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    �� MY OPINIONATION // Blossom // peach syrup, dried apricot, green fig leaf, torn notebook pages and pencil shavings, crushed velvet, and a waft of incense from your brother’s room

It Hurts to Look at You - definite metallic notes although not full on petrichor like I imagined. Slight smokey notes, although really in the background. There is something floral in here. Being honest here....I applied this four times between yesterday and today to try and figure out the notes or ambiance of this. It really smells like faint smokey metal and really light at that. I know this is the 'premium' perfume but this stuff doesn't last beyond 1-2 hours and my nose barely detects a thing. Disappointed with this one.

My Opinionation - I never watched Blossom so I don't have a tv show reference. Definite peachy tones and nag champa. Basically it - peach nag champa. This is one of the better of the set and actually quite nice. I'm not head over heels for it but I do like the very subtle scent of paper and fig, although it's hidden.
    Thanks for the thoughtful reviews. It seems like occasionally some of her scents are just too soft for me. I have also found that the parfum versions have stronger silage than the oil versions, and since her standard samples are oils...it's not always the best way to test. At least for my nose.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Basenotes Plus

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    �� SICK, SAD WORLD // Daria // dry breakfast cereal, steamed milk, used bookstore, crisp newspaper, wool jacket, knee-high black boots
    Sick, Sad World - We have a winner! Reminds me of a few Hilde Solani perfumes concepts as it's very few notes blended well together. Definitely longer lasting than the others in this collection and according to my kids 'mom you smell really good!'. Definite lignin notes of old books which is a nice pairing with the steamed milk (a la latte). Not sure which breakfast cereal is featured, but more of a generic bread/wheaten character with sugar. Worth a purchase. Honestly the only one I really really liked in the entire set.

Overall I enjoyed this concept/theme and perhaps Sixteen92 might consider grunge as a theme at some point in the future.

Sick, Sad World - We have a winner! Reminds me of a few Hilde Solani perfumes concepts as it's very few notes blended well together. Definitely longer lasting than the others in this collection and according to my kids 'mom you smell really good!'. Definite lignin notes of old books which is a nice pairing with the steamed milk (a la latte). Not sure which breakfast cereal is featured, but more of a generic bread/wheaten character with sugar. Worth a purchase. Honestly the only one I really really liked in the entire set.

Overall I enjoyed this concept/theme and perhaps Sixteen92 might consider grunge as a theme at some point in the future.
    This one sounds right up my alley!
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Basenotes Plus

I'm in Good Morning Bayside High today for the synch. Claire Baxter's creations are so atmospheric that I usually have to just sit with them for a while in a cloud of memory. They always tickle something familiar though I often cannot put my finger on what that is! Definitely art. Sometimes wearable, sometimes not, but always worth a sample purchase and a good trial wearing.

Notes are sun-baked cement, rows of metal lockers, sprinklers on dry grass, towering palms, beach sand, shaved ice. Yep.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Basenotes Plus

So I followed a very heated exchange between the owners of Sixteen92 and many of their Facebook followers and I honestly don't know how I feel about the company and their ethos at this moment. Some of their Facebook fans work in law enforcement or have family in law enforcement and Sixteen92 encouraged comments of hate towards those people. This went back and forth for a bit and after some time either the company deleted comments from fans in professions they were opposed to, or the people themselves did. I watched it unfold over the course of the day and I was really put off by whoever runs their social media account. Various commentators openly stated they would contact people's employers and ensure they are fired and Sixteen92 supported these actions on their feed.

After a few hours all these comments were either deleted or removed I guess as damage control, but honestly a company encouraging its followers to dox and sent hate messages to others really left me with a sour stomach. People who had family members who are in law enforcement were told they could (excuse my language here) 'fuck off and die' and Sixteen92 said if anyone supported any police officers they don't want them as customers.

I decided late last night I had enough of following the drama. I unliked their Facebook page and called it an evening. Considering I have several extended family members who work in law enforcement (military, corrections, federal, K-9 squad) their message was clear - they didn't want business from people like me. I understand this is a heated issue right now, but in just my opinion for what it's worth - not much apparently - they did a huge faux pas and probably alienated a huge portion of their fan base and potential future customers.

I don't know if this is just inexperienced business messaging on their part; they didn't handle it in the best way possible.
    Last edited by Kitty2Shoes; 6th June 2020 at 10:45 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18