Code of Conduct

Exclamation Macassar by Rochas - The quest still going on.

Hi, how are you doing !? I am new to the forum and I try to find the fragrance of my life.
    I tell you my story, many years ago my grandfather used this fragrance, then my father and finally, me. When I was 15 years old, the bottle was finished and I tried to get it everywhere ... I did not succeed.
    I also tried to get the ingredients but in my country it is very complicated to make a perfume and neither get such notes.

My question is, what perfume resembles the Macassar? Does anyone know someone who has it to sell ?.

I tried it with gentleman, savage, etc and none of them resembles a bit of what the great macassar was.

If someone can help me, I will really grateful.

Well, I don't want you to spend more time, greetings.
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Edition by Dunhill

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Macassar by Rochas - The quest still going on.

Welcome to you Shaspar! Enjoy your time on Basenoted! Macassar is a wonderful scent. I am lucky to have a large original spray bottle and can understand your love for it. Keep checking Ebay. I have seen bottles being offered in the past but they're very few and far between.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Welcome to Basenotes Shaspar. I had a long search myself but was able to find a mini bottle of Macassar about 2 to 3 months ago. If you keep searching on Ebay you will eventually be lucky like I was. Its difficult to be patient. I know that feeling. I don't know what it is called exactly but you can set up a permanent search for the word " Macassar " in your " My Ebay " settings. That is what helped me.

Rick
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Without being too "doom and gloom", I'll just say it's a "unicorn" among discontinued scents, meaning it's rare and desirable enough to vintage collectors that sellers fetch niche prices and above for it, so good luck on the hunt!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Edition by Dunhill

Which country are you in? There's a bottle on eBay right now, selling to the EU.