Code of Conduct

Default That vintage Stetson...

Just got a nos bottle today. Oh man is this stuff good!
    Opens almost like an older bottle of Chanel N°5 edt, but like... a masculine cowboy version of Chanel N°5?
    Shifts into a floral-patchouli song then dries down to a smooth honey/vanilla/amber/tonka bean base.
    (Atleast those are my first impressions).

For vintage lovers who’ve overlooked this drugstore cheapy like I did: it’s most definitely worth the $10ish asking price!

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: That vintage Stetson...

I had some of this as a kid, and some Chaps. I wanted to upgrade to Polo, but it was out of reach at the time. For today, however, my scent of the day is Cosmair Polo, an eBay pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    Just got a nos bottle today. Oh man is this stuff good!
    Opens almost like an older bottle of Chanel N°5 edt, but like... a masculine cowboy version of Chanel N°5?
    Shifts into a floral-patchouli song then dries down to a smooth honey/vanilla/amber/tonka bean base.
    (Atleast those are my first impressions).

For vintage lovers who’ve overlooked this drugstore cheapy like I did: it’s most definitely worth the $10ish asking price!
    Thanks Mr. Opiate. What identifiers should I look for to make sure I get a vintage bottle? It sounds quite nice.

Rick

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

For me, Stetson is a masculine Chantilly, and that's a compliment.
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    Thanks Mr. Opiate. What identifiers should I look for to make sure I get a vintage bottle? It sounds quite nice.

Rick

From comparing all the various bottles, the new ones say “original’(ironic).
    The bottles with the lasso are vintage(the versions I got). The dark amber little salt shaker bottles are definitely vintage. Hard to say on the big old colored/decrotive bottles as there is new & vintage versions I think.

But when you look at the name/address on the box & bottle, the vintage will have the zip code of 10017. Some vintage(maybe earliest versions?) also have ‘Pfizer’ after Coty.

I cross-referenced the ingredients list & addresses to this vintage gift set: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323397236027

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    From comparing all the various bottles, the new ones say “original’(ironic).
    The bottles with the lasso are vintage(the versions I got). The dark amber little salt shaker bottles are definitely vintage. Hard to say on the big old colored/decrotive bottles as there is new & vintage versions I think.

But when you look at the name/address on the box & bottle, the vintage will have the zip code of 10017. Some vintage(maybe earliest versions?) also have ‘Pfizer’ after Coty.

I cross-referenced the ingredients list & addresses to this vintage gift set: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323397236027

Hope this helps!
    Thanks Mr. Opiate. That should do it. I will look for the salt shaker bottles and ones with lasso.

Rick

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

I picked up this bottle of aftershave last year at an antique shop.

I have no idea how old it is, but it smells wonderful.

978F3C0F-9EED-45AF-B8A8-0399AF0525D2.jpg
    Currently wearing: Ironman by Avon

Lucky you! I have a vintage Pfizer era bottle, but unfortunately it has turned badly. (But it was part of a set that included also Chypre, which survived slightly better).

cacio