Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default looking at armaf...el celio/partif/ventana/hunter intense/shades wood??opinions??

are any worth it? I have club de nuit extreme man and woman as well as tres nuit and hunter and like them all. thanx

Basenotes Member

Default Re: looking at armaf...el celio/partif/ventana/hunter intense/shades wood??opinions??

Quote Originally Posted by babbleon1 View Post
    are any worth it? I have club de nuit extreme man and woman as well as tres nuit and hunter and like them all. thanx

I have both the Tres Nuit and the club intense man. Both are terrible and nothing like the originals they purport to copy. I’d save my money and buy something of real quality. Not sure whether any of the other juices have any quality, but from what I can see they are boring, chemical concoctions.

Default Re: looking at armaf...el celio/partif/ventana/hunter intense/shades wood??opinions??

Hi babbleon1, I have Club de nuit Intense woman which is supposed to be a clone for Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. I don't own the latter, however I have sampled it a few times. In my opinion, they're very similar. However, NdN is a lot more refined and polished. The Armaf one does have good longevity and projection. If you don't want to dish out a few hundred quid, I'd say go for the Armaf.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I find these all (I've only tried about 4 from Armaf) have a similar theme: harsh, synthetic openings where after awhile they settle down to reasonable approximations for whatever they purport to smell like. You're getting the general outlines, and not much of the subtleties. That might not sound appealing to everyone but for those who don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars these are better than most clones, some even quite close, at least in the drydowns.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff