Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: [UK] Guerlain - Ideal Sport, Bvlgari - PH Soir, TF - Black Orchid & TL, Narciso Rodriguez - For

First impressions the TOAK is that they are all pretty close to Fahrenheit. (I'm going off what I smelled in House of Fraser recently not an old vintage bottle)

I can see why Ferrari Uomo didn't quite make your cut, its still very nice but not quite 'there' like the others are. Need to give them a proper wearing over the next few to really test them out though, they all smell good though, that is for sure.

Cheers Palm.

Default Re: [UK] Guerlain - Ideal Sport, Bvlgari - PH Soir, TF - Black Orchid & TL, Narciso Rodriguez - For

Hey Palm - Meharees arrived just now - look forward to giving it a full wearing later today

Meharees arrived just now as well. Thanks Palm!

TOAK arrived today, I had a bottle of Fahrenheit back in the late 90s, a quick sniff of these brings back memories! Looking forward to wearing them!

Thanks Palm ��

Default Re: [UK] TF - Fougère Platine, Ombre Leather, TV + Roaring Radcliff, Ambra Aurea, Iris Silver Mist

Thanks for your updates folks and looking forward to your impressions on the selections. Latest additions:

Tom Ford - Fougère Platine 30ml £55/10ml £22
    Top notes are bergamot and clary sage; middle notes are artemisia and olibanum; base notes are cedar, tobacco and woody notes. Review:

This smells very much like a mix of Tom Ford's Noir Anthracite, Italian Cypress and Vert d'Encens and yet it has it's beautiful own character! The immediate opening is remarkably similar to Vert d’Encens, however this quickly fades and woody, cedar notes take over. I get the Fougère-ness of it, but after 30 minutes this is really just a woody fragrance with a slight hint of something nutty.
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille Bottle 3 30ml £55/10ml £22
    Top notes are tobacco leaf and spicy notes; middle notes are tonka bean, tobacco blossom, vanilla and cacao; base notes are dried fruits and woody notes. Review:

You'll read lots of reviews, it doesn't matter, its simply one of the top go to's for a tobacco fragrance. In simple terms its very heavy on the vanilla, tobacco thats a little dry and maybe smoked a tad and to my nose sultanas or currants (depending where you are from). A little rough but natural. On the dry down the fruit becomes more prominent. Awesome silage and longevity - the quality you expect for the price.
    Tom Ford - Ombre Leather 20ml £29/10ml £16.50
    Top note is cardamom; middle notes are jasmine sambac and leather; base notes are patchouli, amber and moss. Review:

Smells like a leather handbag in a soft, sweet and rich sort of way. It is airier, smoother and can be described as maybe muskier vice Tuscan Leathers drier, Woodier balance. People have referred this as slighlty vanillic and slighlty sweet- I would not disagree. TL is leather intensive with dry woods and raspberry notes. OL is leather intensive with a smooth yet subtle ambery vanilla character. Many have made comparisons to Dueto Parfums Golden Boy to Tuscan Leather - for those that have tried Golden Boy, you will find Ombre Leather much more similar.
    Penhaligon’s - Roaring Radcliff 10ml £31.50
    Top notes are bergamot, tarragon and rum; middle notes are ginger, rose and tobacco; base notes are amberwood, beeswax, cinnamon, honey, leather and tonka bean. Review:

Love it! The rum and the tobacco make this a real gentlemen's night out fragrance. But the wonderful fresh opening makes suitable for daytime also. My wife can't get enough of this scent. Thumbs up!
    Profumum Roma - Ambra Aurea 20ml £50/10ml £28
    The fragrance features amber, incense and myrrh. Review:

Gorgeous amber and loads of it. The main note in this very natural beauty is ambergris slightly sweetened by myrrh and incense. This is one of the purest amber fragrances on the market. The perfume exudes a sweet, smoky, animalic vibe and like many Profumum fragrances is a straightforward linear construction with high quality natural ingredients. The result is a pricey juice that has pronounced sillage, projection and longevity. You gotta try this very natural smelling beauty. Enjoy!
    Serge Lutens - Iris Silver Mist 10ml £27
    Notes include orrisroot, galbanum, cedar, sandalwood, clove, vetiver, musk, Chinese benzoin, incense and white amber. Review:

I love cold, aloof woodsy perfumes, but even with my limited fragrance education I can tell that this is probably the most distant thing I've ever smelled. Before I tested it, I imagined there would be an ozone-y rainy "mist" almost-mudlike smell backing up the iris. But nope! Here's what I get when smelled from a distance: carrots at first, then oily waxiness and lipstick, then vetiver iris musk. Sweet and rooty. The evolution is fascinating and delicious.
    Creed - Royal Princess Oud For Her Bottle 2 50ml £77
    Top notes are bergamot, rose and violet; middle notes are jasmine, vanilla absolute, patchouli and tuscan iris; base notes are siam benzoin, sandalwood, styrax and agarwood. Review:

This really does smell like Aventus. How absolutely bonkers. Oud? Not really. Violets? Sure, okay. Aventus? Totally. Bizarre as heck. One really can't say that this doesn't have Creed DNA when it's definitely almost 60% identical to another one by them. Berries, bergamot, sandalwood & violets. I think I like this one more, though. I don't really like Aventus. It works really well as a casual fragrance. Kind of a love.
    Ferragamo - Uomo 20ml £18
    Top notes: black pepper, cardamom and bergamot. Middle notes: tiramisu, orange blossom and ambroxan. Base notes: cashmere wood, sandalwood and tonka bean. Review:
    Overall, it smells to my nose like yummy coffee and milk, with lots of non-cloying sweetness. Really does smell like tiramisu but there is also a good quality scent going on around it. I'm not a fan of gourmands but this is good. Lasts forever, and the base you are left with at the end is pleasant and relaxing.

Default Re: [UK] TF - Fougère Platine, Ombre Leather, TV + Roaring Radcliff, Ambra Aurea, Iris Silver Mist

20ml Ombre Leather please mate

Just posted up my impressions of Nuit d'Issey in the main thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Picked up a bottle and added it to the splits, first impression upon spraying was "Yep, that smells bleu alright!" as it manages to tick a few 'whats hot right now' boxes whilst still remaining distinctive, which is a feat in itself.

The coriander opens up huge on my skin and the juicy citrus gives it a nice tang but its the sliver of spices that float just underneath all of this that is the star of the show as its quite moreish and I've appreciated this accord on repeated wears as this is what gives the scent its own vibe. I'd quite happily take another scent that was built around the mids from this at a higher concentration as they're quite moreish and bring life to what would otherwise be a boring release. Overall not really my cup of tea as I like em loud and unique but I can see the office crowd snapping it up as its an easy, inoffensive wear that makes people go "Mmm, you smell nice" when they catch wafts of it.

Performance wasn't that good, 5 sprays gets me a couple of hours booming projection before sitting closer to the skin for another 4 hours and thats it. Methinks this one may really need the heat to shine as a lot of the reviews seem to go from "Woah! Beastmode" to "Meh! Skin scent" and seeing as its quite cold recently in the UK at the moment I'd think temperatures are the cause of the divergence. Either that or olfactory fatigue but I suspect it isn't as it did the same on paper.
    Now call me crazy but I do get the feeling that fans of Viking would like this due to the drydown as there is definitely a common thread there that links the two and probably explains why I'm not too impressed with this one either as the Creed offering was a dud to my nostrils

Can I get 20ml Ombre Leather, 30ml Tobacco Vanille, and 50ml Aventus please? Thanks in advance!

20ml Ombre Leather please good sir! Cheers.

10ml of Ombre Leather please!

20ml of Ombre Leather here as well , please.

Hi Palm,

Can i take last slot of ombre leather please 10ml - could i have a slot of the royal princess oud aswell please?

Cheers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Hi would you be doing another ombré leather as would be keen to try 10ml and looks like the last spot was just taken.

Can I have 30mls of tobacco vanille please mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lgrest View Post
    Hi would you be doing another ombré leather as would be keen to try 10ml and looks like the last spot was just taken.
    I'll drop to 10ml if needed so Lgrest can get on the action as I already have a 5ml decant from a well known sample website not long ago.

I'd like 10ml of Ombre Leather if any available. Thanks!

3 Degrees TOAK landed Palm...thanks so much dude. Looking forward to roadtesting!
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

TOAK and aventus arrived safely mate. Had a wee skoosh of 90210 in the car on my way to work after collecting. I like it a lot, it is indeed very Fahrenheity

I'd like 30ml Tobacco Vanille please.

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCulture View Post
    I'll drop to 10ml if needed so Lgrest can get on the action as I already have a 5ml decant from a well known sample website not long ago.
    Thanks mate much appreciated

Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille 30ml please Palmolive.

Doused myself in the TOAK 90210 - Metal Jeans this morning.

I like it. Alot. Probably mainly because it takes me back to my early 20's, it really does smell like Fahrenheit (at least from what I remember)

I will try the others out over the weekend!

Bleu Astral and Meharees have landed safely, will feed back once I have had a chance to try them out.

Thanks Palm!

10ml of Iris Silver Mist, please, Palm.
    Autumn Equinox Rotation : Penhaligon's Elixir; Caron Yatagan; Etro Vetiver, Ambra, Gomma; CdG Avignon; Dior Fahrenheit; Robert Piguet Casbah; Lalique Encre Noire; Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme
    Sampling : Jacomo de Jacomo; Hermes Equipage Geranium, Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver; ELDO Je Suis un Homme, Eloge du Traitre

Quote Originally Posted by kinnek595 View Post
    Can I have 30mls of tobacco vanille please mate

Think you may have missed this mate

Think you may have missed this mate
    There's an open split for Tobacco Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_i View Post
    There's an open split for Tobacco Vanille.
    I know, what I meant is that I'm not listed

I know, what I meant is that I'm not listed

Ah apologies. I'm sure he's seen it now anyway,

Tried out the meharees today.

Not sure about the opening, reminded me of walking into one of those shops that always have incence burning, which is a nice smell, just not sure it's how I want to smell...

I'll come back to this one another time, see if I feel the same.

Wearing the Bleu Astral today.

Liking this one, reminds me of savage a bit?

Nice safe scent, I think I will use this one up quite quickly. Smells much more expensive than the price!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast