Code of Conduct
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1276
    Banned

Default Re: [UK] VC&A Reve d'Encens, Simone Andreoli Malibu, PR Invictus Legend, Guerlain Ideal Cool + Avent

Missoni - Missoni Pour Homme 20ml £16 is now in hand with same day shipping, impressions:

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    It takes the grapefruit from BdC EDT and keeps it through the entire length of its ample performance, nice! To differentiate itself this one has a bit of fresh/spicy kick in the top thanks to a slice of fresh lemon and some ginger which makes it feel crisp but its the lower end thats very interesting as it has a deep leather accord with a very slight sprinkling of powder that conjures up a far more masculine take on Midnight In Paris/Luna Rossa Black that works nicely with the top.

Whilst it isn't a clone of either of the scents listed the accords at play and how they are blended certainly evoke them and even though it isn't anything new its a decent everyday wear whose appeal is kicked up a few notches thanks to how well it performs.

Update for Aventus Cologne - My preorders are expected to land toward the end of the week and will be turned around as quick as possible. Will update the OP once they are in hand with shipping dates.

Default Re: [UK] VC&A Reve d'Encens, Simone Andreoli Malibu, PR Invictus Legend, Guerlain Ideal Cool + Avent

Aventus bottle 72 50ml please mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Update for Aventus Cologne - My preorders are expected to land toward the end of the week and will be turned around as quick as possible. Will update the OP once they are in hand with shipping dates.
    Super interested to try this myself. Seems to be getting a bit of a mixed reaction from the usual YT reviewer crowd. I'd like to make up my own mind.

Hi Palm,could you take me off the TF tabacco vanille split,i have sourced from elsewhere as it didnt look like it was going to move.
    thanks

Missoni received, thanks Palm.

Excellent scent

Banned

AC hasn't even landed yet but this little beauty has and its an absolute stunner that may just steal its thunder, check the notes:

Top notes are grapefruit, bergamot and pink pepper; middle notes are ginger, sage and lavender; base notes are clearwood, moss and suede.

Abercrombie & Fitch - Authentic 10ml £9 In hand, add on for AC orders only

It smells just like a summery version of Aventus, similar to the Creed original but resolutely its own thing as they removed the dankness/pineapple and dropped in a zingy fresh grapefruit and ginger accord instead. Wears very much like a blend between top notes of RD Elysium combined with the mids of A&F Fierce over a cleaner Aventus style base. Wonderful! The end result is familiar in concept and unique in execution as its well put together and ticks all the right boxes without ever trying to smell like a wannabe clone due to the composition, quality of the ingredients used and how it riffs off the original.

Performance is excellent. 3 sprays will have it screaming off you for the first two hours before dropping back to arms length bubble for another three and then a strong skin scent for the rest of the night into the day. One warning, its absolutely chock full of anosmia inducing musks, even more than Aventus, so avoid spraying near the nose because you will want to enjoy how beautiful this smells and it does have the potential to turn your nose off really quickly.

AC is going to have its work cut out when it comes to beating this as it smells exactly how I'd imagine a Cologne flanker should so it will be interesting to compare the two and see who did it best. This is an add on split thats only open to folks who are already allocated on Aventus Cologne Bottles 1 - 5 as availability was limited but I'll add it back on later in larger allocations for everyone else once my supplier has restocked as it hasn't been officially released yet.

Abercrombie & Fitch - Authentic 10ml £9
    1) Mr1000
    2) dazbang
    3) kinnek595
    4) Oneofthechosen
    5) SeekingScent
    6) THEACKSTER
    7) THEACKSTER
    8) gav225
    9) Ducatiph
    10) Guernica

Abercrombie & Fitch - Authentic Bottle 2 10ml £9
    1) alancrean
    2) alancrean
    3) browner2003
    4) MeltedMoss
    5) JamesFragUK
    6) ProtoCulture
    7) Kodama
    8) Kodama
    9) Palmolive
    10) ads

*update* Both bottles are now complete
    . Will add a new bottle once it becomes available.
    Last edited by Palmolive; 9th June 2019 at 10:30 PM.

Sounds good, I'll take 10ml of that.

Cheers

I’ll have a dabble on that too - cheers mate

Count me in too mate, cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10ml A&F for me too - thank you

Mancera 'Precious Oud'

Anyone else intrigued by this enough to be up for a split?
    Could it be crazy enough to work?

https://manceraparfums.com/en/aouds/...cious-oud.html
    Last edited by tony_i; 6th June 2019 at 01:47 PM.

Count me in on the add on Palm. Cheers bud

I’ll take 10ml of the A&F add on please bud.

Hi Palm, 10ml A&F for me please.

Hi Palm,

Can you add Abercrombie & Fitch to my order.

Cheers mate

Can you also put me down for 10ml A&F too - Cheers!

I'll take some A&F

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Banned

First impression of AC:

Opens with a strong, fresh orangey blast of mandarin that reminds you a lot of Chanel/Acqua di Parma because the notes are very familiar as are the zillion other freshie style scents that have used it before as its a common accord. Projects fiercely when first sprayed and as it settles it morphs more toward Aventus territory in the mids but a bit creamier and not as dense as the original. You can spot the absence of the ambergris easily as it makes it feel a lot lighter in the bottom end but the sandalwood adds a nice smoothness to the tonka bean to try and fill in the gaps. As it drys down the clean vetiver shows up and adds a bit of bite.

Overall it smells like a niche take on Allure Homme Sports opening thats been dropped over a simplified Aventus base with a few designer sprinkles. Not quite what I was expecting. One saving grace is that it doesn't just smell fresh it actually feels that way on your nostrils without that menthol touch that Viking had which is nice. So far nothing much to complain about but also nothing much to celebrate either as its a bit an odd release and at this price point and with the Aventus name attached I'd have hoped for something more groundbreaking than a front loaded niched up designer.

Will update after I've given it a few wears on skin but based on first impressions I'd say its a 6.5/10 as it doesn't have the magic of the original as they've removed all the best parts and what they've replaced them with has been done a million times before. Still better than Viking which was the bottom of the barrel for me but if this is all Creed have got up their sleeve then maybe its time to stick a fork in them or hope they just pay Bourdon whatever extortionate price he wants for the real Aventus successor because this is not that.

I'm more impressed with the A&F as that smells how I expected a flanker to as it takes the best bits and shuffles them around nicely with some new elements to do its own thing plus it doesn't smell like any other scent thats already on the market.

Interested in hearing what you all make of the two new releases as I have my fave!

Hi Palm, if you have any left of the A&F once those who have pre-ordered AC have had their fill I'd be happy to take 10 or 20ml to as to my Creed OV order. Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kodama View Post
    Hi Palm, if you have any left of the A&F once those who have pre-ordered AC have had their fill I'd be happy to take 10 or 20ml to as to my Creed OV order. Thanks.
    Sure thing bud, thats doable. Will let you know.

I'd be interested in a split of the NEW Parfums de Marly Sedley

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtesti View Post
    I'd be interested in a split of the NEW Parfums de Marly Sedley
    As would I.

I would be up for sedley pdm split palm !

Count me in for a Sedley split too, really like the sound of this one.

Btw Palm, I'll take 10ml of A&F. Cheers mate.

Banned

The people have spoken I'm looking into PdM Sedley and Percival at the moment and will update once I've confirmed availability.

AC gets a lot more interesting when its really hot as the notes come to life and you can smell a whole load more nuance. There is a hefty chunk of mint in the opening that I didn't pick up via card and on skin the note structure takes on a much larger Aventus vibe as the citrus isn't nearly as prominent. Cool weather doesn't do the scent any favours as it smells really flat/boring but once your body temperature is up the old birch/patchouli combination from Aventus is paired with the new spicy citrus is pretty OK.

Still smells really designer though but it has grown on me slightly with repeated wears as the first take was underwhelming due to it not matching or topping the original whilst managing to smell like a derivative mall scent that recycles common accords. Can't see anyone picking this over the real deal as it just doesn't have the charm/wow factor/uniqueness without the sparkling pineapple which set that release apart. Will probably finish my decant and that'll be enough of this one.

Very interested in hearing what you all make of it as I know I'm quite brutal when it comes to fragrances as its got to be something really special to get me hyped, especially when its being labeled as Aventus 2: Eccentric Boogafume, which probably made me even harsher in my inhalation. The A&F completely blows it out of the water as it delivers exactly what I expected when I heard "Summery Aventus" but its anosmia induction is ridiculous but then thats what gives it the strong performance.

Everyones allocations should land around midweek at the latest, bring on the impressions!

Percival is dope, The price ain't, I'd have got a full bottle of it if it wasn't so expensive. That said, count me in if it happens.

Looking forward to AC, have seen a bit of a mixed bag review wise so I am interested to be able to smell it myself and to make up my own mind.
    Last edited by ProtoCulture; 9th June 2019 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Words.

Banned

Agreed on the price. The new PdMs are always ridiculously overpriced for what they are and thats why I usually wait until they start discounting them/increasing distribution as that reflects what they're actually worth in my nostrils but we'll see...

A&F paid, looking forward to these.

Oh sod it, I wasn't going to but curiosity has got the better of me, I'll take a slot of the A&FA please Palm. I'll fire over the payment now as I can't use my banking apps wile I'm on this Q beta and I'm about to head out.

Cheers.

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast