Code of Conduct
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Default Re: [UK] Zegna - Madras Cardamon, Issey - Noir Argent, Cartier - L'Envol de Cartier EDP, Attar Al Gh

TOAK Le Labo arrived. Looking forward to giving them a go. Thanks as always Palm.

Default Re: [UK] Zegna - Madras Cardamon, Issey - Noir Argent, Cartier - L'Envol de Cartier EDP, Attar Al Gh

Toak landed palm nice one always billet proof and swift ...
    Nice group of scents really like the bergamot 22 may get a bottle of this , sandal 33 is nice but I had a gift of Zara fragrance called tiveden and tbh not much in it regarding the smell of them both , labdanum will have to give it a wear and not sure there’s something in there overriding the baby powder smell so let’s see .
    Only my take on them but a superb toak as I wanted to try all three of these before ..

Look forward to the next toak !! Amouage perhaps ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1000 View Post
    Would there be any interest in a split of Prada L'Homme Intense?
    I'd be up for this.

Hi,palm
    Labo TOAK dropped today,cant really get a handle on them yet as I had just freshly sprayed some Tobacco Vanille,which is flipping lush if anybody is thinking about signing up.
    A quick smell of the TOAK promised something nice,and just expensive,I dont like using that description but hey,thats what hit me first,complicated and interesting.
    Thanks again for all your work.
    And can I second the vote for a Amouage TOAK,i was just thinking about it after the lovely experience of Beach hut man,but theres just so many,i wouldnt know when to start.

My goodies arrived, I can't test any of them since I'm going out for a meal tonight, but these are some impressions from unscrewing the sprayers:

- Santal 33: now I know why people mention pickles in tandem with this one...
    - Labdanum 18: nice, like baby powder with a sexy twist (no kiddie fiddler jokes please...)
    - Bergamote 22: tried it before, pretty much what I expected
    - Set Sail St. Barts: as above. Awesome. Thank you!
    - Attar Al Ghutra: I couldn't resist and put a little on my hand... woah, this is nice. I'd love to wear this out tonight, but I think the restaurant would chase me away! Potent stuff!

Cheers Palm

Update on the Santal 33 the drydown is Very nice after the not so great opening !

Creed Aventus and Royal Princess Oud arrived 12th, exactly on time. Both smelling fantastic but the RPO is really nice!

Picked up the Aventus today (missed delivery a couple of days ago). Put into action this evening, absolutely spot on!

TOAK arrived for me too. Just in so not had a chance to try yet

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm currently happily sitting in a nice cloud of Attar Al Ghutra. Super nice stuff.

Palmolive, any chances that we might have an 'Arabian Perfume' TOAK or individual decants of similar stuff in the future? I love the style, but don't agree with the price tag western houses usually attach to it...

Hi Palm, I’ll take a slot on the Virgin Island Water, thanks.

I’ll take 1 x Virgin Island Water as well please bud

TOAK Le Labo arrived - thanks for speedy delivery !!
    First try was the Labdanum 18 - initially I wasnt keen but then heres the conundrum - I couldnt stop sniffing my wrist !!
    I think I love it !! - Interesting about the baby powder comments - I thought baby lotion.
    Will update when i've tried the others.
    Thanks again

Morning Palm,

TOAK has arrived with the Swiss Arabian.
    I've had a sniff of them all.
    Top of the shop is B22 for me, I'd say it's my number one freshie.
    Santal is very nice - smells like the sandal wood chips I have, quite a realistic.
    Labdanum, not quite my thing - I find it a bit smothering and overpowering in the same way as Pure tonka by TM.

The Swiss Arabian is quite nice, I have an attar by Al Faransi called amber ash sheikh that smells similar.
    The Al Faransi version is turned up to 12 and played through a fog horn! - so if anyone really likes the Swiss Arabian and wants a stronger version (:-o) go grab a sample!

Cheers Palm, much appreciated as always.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Default Re: [UK] Lalique - Ombre Noire, Eau Sauvage EDP, Prada LHI, Issey - Or Encens, CR - Legacy

Thanks for the updates and impressions folks, always appreciated. I try and tailor the picks to not just what I think are the best but also what everyone else would enjoy because I know we've got some varied tastes on here so its nice to know what you lot make of the selections as it really helps when choosing for the next TOAK.

For me Laudanum 18 was the pick of the litter, even if it opens up smelling exceedingly like a dolls head! But then y'all know how I am with those warm spicy scents... Overall a great, versatile niche trio for sure.

Time for a few requests and new additions:

Lalique - Ombre Noire 20ml £20/10ml £13
    Top notes are bergamot, fig leaf and mint; middle notes are tobacco leaf, cinnamon and papyrus; base notes are myrhh, olibanum, cognac, tonka bean and cedar. The nose behind this fragrance is Karine Dubreuil. Review:

This is the real SPICEBOMB. A very spicy opening, for the first 10 minutes you will smell like an indian restaurant. But after that the spicy bomb is smoother and the rum and tobacco come in play. Opens up with green tobacco leaves mixed with some smoky aroma. I can clearly detect strong, black tea. Also - fig (rather leaves, not fruits), some woods. IMO it's a spicy fragrance, not a woody one. The resemblance with Gucci Pour Homme II is strong IMO. No wonder, it's the same perfumer.
    Dior - Eau Sauvage Parfum 20ml £23
    The citrusy beginning of the composition blends sweet cedrat with San Carlo bergamot. After this fresh opening, delicate notes of lavender absolute come to play. The heart of the perfume contains Haitian vetiver, its woody character amplified and purified. Warm and intense notes of elemi from the Philippines end this creation in the base of the perfume. Review:

Starts off with a blast of bitter citrus and a sharp vibrant absinth/mint feel to it. It stays green, but the absinth sharpness slowly fades away. Then the citrus get a bit earthy, woody, and sweet. I think making a bold and intense fragrance with citrus still being the strong scent is truly a masterpiece. It works well all year in my opinion. Gentlemen's type of scent. Class.
    Prada - L'homme Intense Bottle 2 20ml £18
    An exploration of masculinity, this confident scent was made for a man who is self-assured and experimental. From the heart, domineering notes of iris and patchouli rule the composition. Accentuated by the top note of glowing amber, this handsome aftershave combines floral refinement and the warmth of addictive tonka bean and sandalwood to create a suave signature for men. Review:

Sure its another iris frag. Maybe not as potent as DHI BUT, big BUT here, this is a much more versatile iris fragrance than DHI. Both fragrances can be compared and appreciated equally as the DHI is along the line of a date night scent where prada lhomme intense is more of a signature scent.That being said this doesn’t downplay the scent or its serious, sexy and seductive vibe by any means at allll! This is sexy, alluring and powdery.
    Issey Miyake - Or Encens 20ml £18
    When incandescent water meets molten rock, a glowing haze of mystifying golden mist and smoke is produced. Inspired by nature, this intense and sensual scent opens with fleeting facets of rich rose essence that quickly make way for the soaring spice accord where incense adds cool radiance to crisp pink pepper. Finally, Or Encens simmers down to a seductive base of ambery woods. Review:

Recently received this fragrance and tested for over a week. This could possibly be one of my all time favourite designer efforts. I loved Noir Ambre and this is even better. The rose is a little sweet and heavy initially but after a couple of minutes it becomes silky and the other notes start to come through. Once it starts to dry the spices and woods give a warming rich feel which really stays. The longevity and sillage are both very very good.
    Cristiano Ronaldo - Legacy 20ml £18
    The perfume opens with a refreshing combination of bergamot, cinnamon, green apple and lavender. Luxury accords of orris root, cedar, peony and violet form the heart along with aromatic tones of rosemary and sage. Its rich base contains exotic patchouli, ambergris and smoked vetiver, which gives the fragrance a touch of mystery. Review:

This has to be one of the best celebrity fragrances for men to come out within the last 10 years. A great mix of bergamot, cinnamon, lavender, and smokey vetiver gives this cologne a sensual and alluring scent. Do yourself a favour and at least smell this, dont walk by it because you see his name and think "no chance". Its a sweet and spicy smell and for the price a great buy. Its downfall is the projection, its probably moderate at best.

Default Re: [UK] Lalique - Ombre Noire, Dior - Eau Sauvage EDP, Prada - LHI, Issey - Or Encens, CR - Legacy

I'll take 40ml of the Prada.

Thanks!

Default Re: [UK] Lalique - Ombre Noire, Dior - Eau Sauvage EDP, Prada - LHI, Issey - Or Encens, CR - Legacy

I'll take a Prada L'homme Intense 20ml please.

Default Re: Recipients of little bundles of joy...

Great service - thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Completed Splits

Creed - Aventus Bottle 66 50ml £65 (Batch 18K11) In hand, same day shipping
    1) leigh_lad86
    2) RedHerring_
    3) RedHerring_
    4) steve_lj
    5) Spenie1975
    6) kadafi39
    7) TomR
    8) Point5
    9) Christian78
    10) Theydon Bois

Swiss Arabian - Attar Al Ghutra 20ml £19/10ml £11.50 In hand, shipping 14/02
    1) mj2k
    2) blanchefort
    10ml) dazbang, EllJW
    10ml) Nastka, ProtoCulture
    10ml) alancrean, nozzer2001

Amouage - Beach Hut Man Bottle 2 20ml £33/10ml £19 In hand, shipping 14/02
    1) silversk
    2) Spenie1975
    3) JPA
    4) Meady
    5) yarn

TOAK - Le Labo 30ml £63/15ml £36 In hand, shipping 14/02
    1) tieupandspank
    2) kinnek595
    3) nozzer2001
    4) Meady
    5) steve_lj
    15ml) ProtoCulture, grandmaster
    15ml) Nastka, swall101
    15ml) Pablo12, thoosero
    15ml) MeltedMoss, gav225
    15ml) adz313, alancrean

Tommy Bahama - Set Sail St Barts 10ML £7 In hand, add on to existing order only
    1) alancrean
    2) gav225
    3) gav225
    4) Nastka
    5) Nastka
    6) Nastka
    7) dazbang

Basenotes Member

TOAK arrived, shall roadtest this week. Cheers palm

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi Palm

Any chance of a TF Ombré Leather split? Cheers

Hi Palm,

Can you put me down for 20ml of eau Sauvage please?

I'd be interested in some of the rasasi boruzz range - anyone interested?
    I've heard good things about them!

Cheers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Palm, can you put me down for the last slot of the Viking split...please
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Zefiro by Xerjoff

Thanks Palm, Amouage - Beach Hut Man Bottle 2 arrived + RPO, Guess & Zara.
    All the best.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26