Code of Conduct
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
Results 1,531 to 1,556 of 1556
o

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - Al Haramain Amber Oud Collection, Aventus 19S01 and the usual...

Hi Palm, Aventus received quickly as usual! Thanks

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - Al Haramain Amber Oud Collection, Aventus 19S01 and the usual...

Palm..can u put me down for 15ml of the TOAK please?

If its the last one of the year it would be rude not to have a taste. I'll jump in for 15ml of the TOAK.

Overture is interesting in that it's one of the first ones that I almost immediately disliked, but my wife loves it.
    Something about the sour note just doesn't do it for me.
    Still, some days if the wife's happy, life's good.
    I'll join for 30 of the TOAK Palm.

Yeah, it didn't do it for me either from the first sniff and made me wonder if Amouage had Astroturfed all of those glowing "reviews" for this new release as its way lower in quality than their usual forte even though its pretty much a recycled, stripped back rendition of the middle of Interlude without what makes that decent.

Most of all I found the blend to be totally cack handed because you can easily identify most of the aromachemicals used and they are literally haphazardly stacked on top of each other with virtually no finesse as there are sharp edges and offcuts sticking out all over like someones first attempt at DIY and this gives it a very rough nose feel. One of the things to note is that loads of people are anosmic to sandalwood recreations and I think that may be the case for me here because it would explain the roughness and gaps as that is where the sandalwood should be smoothing everything out plus the accord is meant to impart a creamy feel that sits just under the threshold of perception.

CK Euphoria Liquid Gold is a good showcase of fake sandalwood and highlights this nicely as those who can't detect it simply get a sharp pepper and saffron scent as the accord is supposed to make up around 70% of that scent.

Could I put myself down for 50ml of Aventus please
    Last edited by aneurysm; 28th November 2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Typo

No one else on board for Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli before the end of the month?
    Previous Bvlgari, Man Black Orient, was so awesome

Aventus received, outstanding as usual, cheers Palm!

Hey Palm, put me down for Aventus. Will be interesting to see how this batch compares with the last one as performance is really impressive

Default Re: [UK] Amouage - Overture, Le Labo - Labdanum 18, Vince Camuto - Smoked Oud, Houbigant - Bois Myst

Managed to nab this spare bottle of Original Vetiver from Palm and tried it out today.
    Oh my dear goodness is this stuff amazing.
    It's green, it's fresh, it opens citrusy, I felt like a sexy lemon all morning.
    It dries down with a muskiness, so I spent the rest of the day feeling like a manly lemon.
    Applied at about 10 this morning, still has an amazing skin scent now just over 12 hours later.
    This stuff is truly awesome.
    You going to do any more splits for this Palm? I am most definitely in if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    19S01

If you miss the vibe of the 2015 batches of Aventus then you’ll know what to expect with this fruity fresh deliciousness. Quite a difference compared to the ocean of 19P11 that preceded it as this is all about musky pineapples as opposed to birchy bergamot. There is a really nice effervescence to this as it develops on your skin that you’ll experience once you’re wearing it that makes it smell cool.

Literally as you feel it in your nostrils when you sniff it. Drydown is heavy on the patchouli, like I said the 2015 flashbacks are strong with the one. If you compare this to 19P11 its like apples and oranges or should that be pineapples and bergamots as its a great highlight of batch differences and yet both still smell unmistakably Aventian.

Aventus 78 (19S01) is in hand, shipping on 21/11

TOAK - Bentley Beyond payment requests out

Houbigant - Bois Mystique 20ml £32/10ml £19 and Vince Camuto - Smoked Oud 20ml £23/10ml £14.50 are in hand and ready to ship.

I've also got a spare 50ml of Creed - Original Vetiver in hand for £74 shipped if anyone fancies it. Just reply in thread to reserve. (taken by Bobauckland).

Finally a quick prod on Tom Ford - Oud Wood Bottle 4 as there is 1 x 50ml ( or 5 x 10ml £22) remaining on this cool weather favourite that has the crowds saying:

Default Re: [UK] Amouage - Overture, Le Labo - Labdanum 18, Vince Camuto - Smoked Oud, Houbigant - Bois Myst

Hi palm. Could you please put me down for 50ml Aventus. Thanks mate.

Hi Palmolive. I think you might not have seen my post above. Please could you put me down for 50ml of the Aventus. Thank you

Palm, Aventus all received thanks (postie returned it to local sorting office!!)..thanks for quality service..have a good Xmas and New Year everyone .. Hayley x

Hey Palm Any chance you can use your sources to see if you can obtain YSL Cuir?

One slot left for TOAK - Al Haramain Amber Oud Collection 30ml £41 and it will be shipping on Wednesday. I'm quite sure for what you're paying and what you'll get you'll be more than happy with this one, know what I'm saying?

As you'll also be receiving 10ml of Amazing Mukhallath by Al Haramain, for free! Top notes are cardamom, juniper and incense; middle notes are jasmine, orris and labdanum; base notes are vetiver and amber. Review:

Miller et Bertaux Spiritus Land, or at least a very near dupe. This beauty was sent to me from Dubai as it is still rare and more expensive in UK. Amazing Mukhallath shares some of the notes with the aforementioned niche juice and both possess the same spicy, fresh, smoky and resinous beauty. Here all the notes are expertly blended. Smoke and spice are very pronounced but far from acting solo. They are infused through a cloud of aromatic juniper and orris with a delicious cardamom adding a piquant and persistent aura. Vetiver and amber are a superb match, far from cloying and utterly sultry. Balsamic and very addictive. It is unisex but I would love to smell it on a man.... Al Haramain pulled a real winner here, as usual. Huge sillage and longevity. This is ideal for Summer or any other season. A new love in my wardrobe.
    So thats 40ml of niche juice for £41, delivered to your door in a few.

TOAK - Bentley Beyond: The Collection has been backordered for a while but my supplier said it'll be back in stock this week so updates on that as we roll.

Hi Palm, Aventus arrived safe and sound last week, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    One slot left for TOAK - Al Haramain Amber Oud Collection 30ml £41 and it will be shipping on Wednesday. I'm quite sure for what you're paying and what you'll get you'll be more than happy with this one, know what I'm saying?

As you'll also be receiving 10ml of Amazing Mukhallath by Al Haramain, for free! Top notes are cardamom, juniper and incense; middle notes are jasmine, orris and labdanum; base notes are vetiver and amber. Review:

So thats 40ml of niche juice for £41, delivered to your door in a few.

TOAK - Bentley Beyond: The Collection has been backordered for a while but my supplier said it'll be back in stock this week so updates on that as we roll.

I’ll take the last TOAK slot ����

Hi Palm.
    Can you put me in for the Creed Aventus 50ml split, please.

Hi Palm. Aventus arrived. Perfect, and prompt, as usual. Thanks mate.

The Bentleys have arrived (Shipping 10/12) and they are surprisingly good as they all share a distinctly niche vibe that is quite different from the rest of the range and are well structured.

Wild Vetiver is my favourite. Juicy bergamot and crisp verbena offset with smoky, nutty vetiver gives this a really nice character and unique composition. Exotic Musk doesn’t list cedar but its quite prominent on my skin and its accord structure will remind you of a stripped back Bentley Absolute as you can spot the payprus drydown being recycled too. Majestic Cashmere rolls in third because it smells like LADDM with bulimia which defeats the point of that accord combination as its supposed to be chunky!

Its obvious the design brief for these were office safe/corporate scents with a Millennial influence due to how they smell and wear as they give off a subtle but persistent scent bubble. I prefer a bit more presence to my scents but I can see how quite a few of you will really appreciate this style. Overall they are quite moreish, both in how they smell and how I wish they were more powerful! Still you can always overspray.

A totally under the radar trio for a lot of people and samples/testers don’t seem to exist at all due to how they’re distributed so thanks for participating folks and making this happen as without you we all wouldn’t have inhaled so TOAK on!

Sound good tbh! I was on the fence about it hence my lateness to the party, however they do sound like they'll be worth a wear. Cheers Mr Palm

Found and ordered a bottle of Pulse Of The Night at a good price yesterday. After the split you arranged Palm I knew it was FBW. Cheers for sorting it!

Hi Palm, any chance your suppliers have Penhaligons Halfeti? If so could we see a split if that please?

Hi Palm,
    I'm in the split for Creed silver mountain perfume, what's the chance on getting it before Christmas?

TOAK arrived safely Palm thank you. Some great scents in there

TOAK arrived with me early Thursday AM. Prompt and safe as always.

Feedback - Straight of the bat be advised these are potent! I sprayed them on strips of paper Thursday. All 4 together was a underestimation on my part. They filled my room and even projected out to the landing. The strips are sat on the desk in front of me now and they're still pushing out. So go easy on the trigger.

Only one Ive tried on skin so far was the Gold. Its fruity with a little musk. Quality is good but it leans too much to the fem side of unisex for me. To put that into context I'm not a fan of petit matin by MFK, same reason, or le labo berg 22 (although 22 leans more towards the neutral point of unisex on my scale).

Looking forward to trying the others. Would be interested to read everyone elses take.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52