Code of Conduct
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1218

Default Re: [UK] VC&A Reve d'Encens, Simone Andreoli Malibu, PR Invictus Legend, Guerlain Ideal Cool + Avent

Been ill recently so haven’t been able to get on but if there’s any left of the add on add me please palm.

Default Re: [UK] VC&A Reve d'Encens, Simone Andreoli Malibu, PR Invictus Legend, Guerlain Ideal Cool + Avent

And thats A&F - Authentic Bottle 2 wrapped. Will list a new one when its properly released.

Hi Palm,

Il takes me of the A&F please and will make payment now

The Simone Andreoli - Malibu has just arrived and will be shipping tomorrow. My impressions are in this thread and its 2 thumbs all the way up. Wow, great stuff!

Few new additions, PdM Sedley isn't available yet but will add it the moment it is. Purple Label is the Aventus prototype mentioned in this thread and is worth a sniff to see if you can pick up the structure as its an under the radar release. Also I tried the Ferragamo today and its really quite impressive as it will remind you of New Haarlem and La Nuit with great performance along with the Chopard which is a smooth, soothing scent that will mellow you out with a few sprays.

Salvatore Ferragamo - Uomo 20ml £15
    Top notes: black pepper, cardamom and bergamot. Middle notes: tiramisu, orange blossom and ambroxan. Base notes: cashmere wood, sandalwood and tonka bean. Review:

Tried a sample of this today and I really like it. Its a modern gourmand which differentiates itself with a great Tiramisu accord that is served with a healthy slug of Ambroxan. Definitely agree that it swerves in New Haarlems lane with a sprinkle of La Nuit thrown in for a good measure and whilst it clones neither it will remind you of both which is a good thing. Great performance, can be cloying if oversprayed. I really dig the Tiramisu as its quite evocative and unique. Ladies will be looking at you like a snack when you stroll by as they lick their lips!

Parfums de Marly - Percival 20ml £38/10ml £22
    Top notes - Bergamot, Geranium, Lavender, Tangerine. Middle notes - Cinnamon, Coriander, Hedione, Jasmine, Violet. Base notes - Amberwood, Ambroxan, Fir, Musk. Review:

This fragrance is gorgeous and whilst I was originally reminded of the associated scents, I thought it stood on it's own. Which it does. However, I have a test for fragrances - I spray it onto a fan, switch it on and fill the room with the scent. It was then when I realised this does indeed last a long time/project. In the air, this 100% smells like a higher quality version of Fierce. Not PE or Legend but Fierce. Percival is a niche clone of Fierce. Smelling close up you get sharp tart mandarin, slightly minty geranium, I pick up on a somewhat synthetic jasmine note. At the base there is a well balanced, soft vanilla. It smells fantastic, wonderful sillage. I pick up on it 8+ hours after applying, though I spray on clothes, hair. If you dig early Fierce and want a higher quality version look into this. I find myself appreciating it more and more with each wear.

Ralph Lauren - Purple Label 20ml £26/10ml £17
    A fresh oriental woody fragrance based on a contrast notes of fresh fruit, tobacco flower, aromatic herbs and leather. It opens with green coriander, blackberry and lemon, goes through the heart of tobacco blossom, sage, hedion and thyme, and ends with oak moss, suede, mahogany and musk. Review:

Drydown, that's why you are buying this one. The opening is OK and reminds you of Bond's Bleecker Street. But once it's dry and the initial blackberry, herbal and orange notes get supplemented by tobacco flower, hedione, mahaogany wood, musk and oakmoss - that's where the real beauty begins!!! Very refined and exquisite scent. Lightly masculine (more than Bleecker Street) and much more pleasant. Compliment monster! Performance is average for EDT with projection being very soft and longevity pushes past 8 hours as skin scent on me. Very versatile scent. This is, sort of, Creed Aventus made with Blackberry, herbs, tobacco flower. mahogany wood and suede at the base on top of the traditional cologne backbone. Worth blind buy if you like the above accent notes!!!

Chopard - Noble Cedar 20ml £14
    Top Notes - Birch Leaf, Spicy Notes. Middle Notes - Clary Sage, Cedar Wood. Base Notes - Rock Rose(labdanum), Vetiver, Incense. Review:

This is very vetiver. Sweetened up with labdanum and some herbs and spices. Extremely unisex, because it is a sweet woody thing. I think the cedar notes probably don't come out to play until a few hours into drydown, because I washed my arm in the bath earlier with test spray on it and it smelled more cedar-ish afterwards. Re-applied post bath and whoa nellie, there is the vetiver in full force again. Lovely scent, pleased with my blind buy, but this is definitely more vetiver than cedar.

I've already ordered the Chopard and Ferragamo, both are due to arrive in a few so they'll be in hand, same day shipping once they land. Also added Simone Andreoli - Malibu Bottle 2 for those that wish to experience sheer joy in a bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: [UK] Simone Andreoli Malibu, PdM Percival, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Chopard Noble Cedar, Avent

Can you put me down for 20ml of Malibu please. Thanks...

Default Re: [UK] Simone Andreoli Malibu, PdM Percival, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Chopard Noble Cedar, Avent

20 mls of malibu for me too please

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

20ml Percival please!

Hey Palm

Aventus Cologne / AF just arrived - Looking forward to giving this a trial today!

Cheers

Hey Palm, can you drop me from the Cedrat Boise and Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool splits please. Thanks.

Aventus Cologne and A&FA just got delivered.

First impressions, only a spray on my hand so not a proper wearing.

AC opens with a bit of a fruity/citrus note, but that dies in minutes leaving a musky birch vibe, and that's where it seems to settle, the way its going I don't think the longevity will be all that great... Needs a full wearing.

(Edit: AC has dried down and smells more like Aventus again, Smells much better now imo.)

AFA starts of with a fruity citrus and dries down to a nice woody scent. Not sure on the Aventus comparisons though, I can't smell it myself.

Out of the two I think I prefer the A&F. AC just seems boring and lacking something. But as I say I need to wear them properly.

(Edit: This hasn't strayed much since my original post, but its a pleasant scent all the same.)

Cheers for the quick turn around though Palm, you do good work!
    Last edited by ProtoCulture; 11th June 2019 at 12:11 PM.

Aventus Cologne just got delivered Palm, thank you!

Shipment arrived. Wearing A&F now - wasn't a big fan of the citrus open. I like citrus but smelt like I had dribbled orange down myself. Settled and pleasant without overwhelming. Need a couple more wears.

Cheers Palm - cologne will get a wear tomorrow

Aventus Cologne arrived. Thank you Palm.

I sprayed two on the neck and one on back of hand. I straight away thought I cant tell the difference (im new to frags). 5mins later I sprayed Aventus on the other wrist(Thanks again Palm haha). They are different but certainly similar, Aventus has more fruity/pinapple to me. AC also has pinapple at first but not as much.

Honestly they are both divine smelling to me!

Oh so AC is mandarin and not pinapple. Probs why its not as sweet smelling to me! Still loving both though.

AC and A&F landed, will try out over the next couple of days,

Thanks as always Palm.

Came home to mine too thanks. I'll leave it till tomorrow to try

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey Palm, any chance of doing a Creed Aventus 5 or 10ml add on alongside the 50ml?
    Would be nice to have a little top up in the car if you need a boost in the evening if heading out after work, or to throw in a carry bag when travelling, and doing it as an add on might be a cool option if it worked for you?

Hi Palm - my AVC and A&F landed safely today - many thanks for the first class service, as ever.

Have briefly tried the Cologne and pretty much concur with your review. I actually really like the fresh mandarin opening. As it dries down you can sense the Aventus similarities in the mids, albeit lighter. It then adds a little spice to the end of the mandarin to me. Poorest bit is the dry down, which goes pretty quick - one thing I like in modern Aventus is the powdery musk in the dry down - I get very little of that in the Cologne. This is definitely a daytime fragrance for warm weather but I really don't know what gap in the market Creed thought they'd found when they put this together - nothing stands out at the price..

Wearing Aventus Cologne properly today. The fresh opening is much more prominent than when I just had a little squirt on my hand, as you would expect.

I think I'm still suffering from a bit of anosmia especially towards Aventus though, despite not wearing any frags for a good few days. Either that or its just not projecting much anymore.

This is a funny one and maybe I was expecting more due to the name, but its certainly not worth the retail price tag. Its 'nice' but not a patch on the OG. Hell I'd take MontBlanc Explorer over this tbh.

Received Simone Andreoli Malibu. I sprayed some on the top of my hands.

The top smells so much like a lime or lemon-flavoured Calippo, it's hilarious. It's starts of very high-pitched, however, it mellows quickly and segues nicely into a coconut that isn't sweetened at all, and has a slightly toasted vibe. Think dessicated coconut which has been toasted ever so slightly so that it hasn't even changed in colour. It hasn't got a suntan-lotion vibe at all because the coconut is so subdued. The dry down hits you fairly quickly with a very subtle white rum vibe laid on top of creamy woods.

I'd say it's a very rounded fragrance. It's not as sweet and vibrant as my fave St. Bart's, and has a warmer, woodier feel compared to St. Barts and VIW. Overall, very good.

Hi Palm, AC plus A&F both arrived safe and sound, many thanks.

Just given both a quick spray on the wrist.
    With AC, I get the mandarin from the atomiser, but more of a mint hit on the skin. I like it, but from my initial spray Iím not getting the Aventus connection and Iím not sure about the longevity.
    A&F is certainly fresh, with that initial grapefruit / ginger note, but itís possibly a bit sharp for me.
    Between AC and A&F, I think I prefer AC.
    Iím going to give them both a full wearing before I form an solid opinion.

Malibu has arrived safe and sound thanks Palm.
    It's a great shout, this stuff is awesome.
    Palm's description is amazing and worth reading and gives an educated description of why this is boss, I can't word stuff the same way.
    It starts out massively lemony in a good way, then settles into a coconutty type sugary awesomeness, and then settles into sugary rumminess.
    It's the sort of thing you'd wear on a hot day, with shorts and a cool shirt, walk into a meeting with everyone else in suits, and somehow they wouldn't look at you and think you're underdressed or out of place, they'd all look at you and think, 'I wish I was half as cool as that guy'.
    Don't miss out, you've got to give this a try.

Hi Palm, Aventus Cologne came today, thanks. I completely agree with your first thoughts. I need to give a proper wear as just sprayed once on wrist. Thanks for the great service as always

Do you have any plans to run some splits on Amouage and some MFKs?

edit - can see you have beach hut man. Specifically Reflection Man.

Could I get two lots of aventus please?

Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Aventus cologne and Abercrombie turned up safe and sound.

Iím actually digging AC quite nice stuff and has a close similarity in the dry down to Allure Homme Sport or possibly the extreme version. Abercrombie was a pass for me, not really feeling that one.

AC + A&F landed, really great service from Palm as usual!

Based on a limited wearing (and taking into account the “glorious” British weather) I’m disappointed with AC. It smells pleasant on first application (it has the toned down Aventus DNA) but to be honest, that’s as good as it gets. It dries down to an incredibly generic sporty aftershave vibe. Creed are frankly taking the piss with the price they are asking for this one.

Not hugely keen on the A&F and I don’t see any Aventus similarity; it has a very harsh, piercing opening which makes me feel a little sick.

Thanks for the updates and feedback folks. The scents really do need the heat in order to perform so I'll be interested in hearing what you make of them once the sun comes out. New splits on the block:

TOAK - Known Unknowns 30ml £15.50
    Quickly whipped this one together as I know I’ve been ignoring the TOAKers due to just having so much on at the moment. Fear not though as I’ve got around a hundred samples from various houses to inhale and sort for your olfactive pleasure at a later date. For now to keep the engine ticking I offer three scents I haven’t sniffed as I couldn’t get any samples but my intuition tells me they are some under the radar crackers that some of you will definitely find a new favourite amongst:

Collistar - Acqua Wood 10ml
    Mediterranean and very aromatic, supported with precious woodsy notes. It opens with a union of bergamot, lemon leaves and black pepper, followed by sage, lavender, ambroxan and labdanum. The base offers a precious union of cedar, sandalwood and guaiac wood, with a hint of musk. Review:

This one is stunning, I can't bealive I can't find a single review for this gem. One of the most under rated fragrance I know. Very versatile woody fragrance, better than all He Wood line IMO. Reminds me of a fall sunny day, hiking through a Transylvanian forest. Can't wait till tomorrow to get a bottle.
    Tous - Man Intense 10ml
    The scent was developed by Alienor Massenet and Pierre Wargnye with the focus on orange and sage notes. Top notes include neroli, petitgrain from Tunisia and sage essence. Lavender, Tunisian orange blossom and sage absolute are placed in the composition’s core. The base is a classic fougere, made from tonka, moss, amber and musk. Review:

Don't find it to be a Fierce/Legend clone, BUT it does have a similar vibe. Very nice. Versatile. Sexy, but will work in the office. Compliment getter. Very strong in the first hour or so and then begins to mellow. moderate longevity for me. Hard not to like this one.
    Etienne Aigner - First Class 10ml
    A fresh, slightly sweet and sparkling green fragrance with undertones of woods and moss. The composition opens with fresh and fruity tones of grapefruit, bergamot and apple, which refer to refreshing drinks that are served on the plane. The heart notes include spicy pink pepper, sweet melon and refined jasmine. Sensual aromas of patchouli, vetiver, amber and oak moss create the perfume’s base. Review:

A manly, sophisticated scent by Etienne Aigner, I work as a doorman here in New York, I wore it this morning, I got a lot of compliments on how the blend of grapefruit, bergamot and citrus were mixed, I must say that this is one of my top 5 fragrances that I wear to work.
    And there we have it. 10ml of each for a whopping 30ml floating through your door for 15 bucks and change. What say?

Also added:

Amouage - Reflection Man Bottle 2 20ml £33/10ml £19
    Top notes are rosemary, pink pepper and petitgrain; middle notes are orris root, jasmine, neroli and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver and cedar. Review:

This one lasted all day on me, and had great projection 6 ft away for the first 4 hours. My son could smell it before I walked up next to him, and when I went to visit my mom we sat outside and she could smell it from 6 or 7 ft away. Both of them loved it, and my wife loves it too. After 4 hours I couldn't smell it as much, but my wife could.From the bottle this smells almost identical to JPG le Male, which I actually dislike. But I was determined to give it a chance and I'm glad I did. When I sprayed it on, within 5 minutes the le Male vibe almost completely disappeared and was replaced by a much sweeter, smoother, somewhat powdery sandalwood and vanilla scent. I've never had a fragrance that changed so drastically on my skin before - most smell almost identical to the bottle when I spray them on. But it was a good change, I ended up enjoying it all day long and got several compliments.

The following are all in hand with same day shipping:

Police - Icon Intense 20ml £11 In hand, same day shipping
    The fragrance opens with cheerful and explosive blend of bergamot, pink pepper and cardamom, leading to a heart created of clary sage and orris. Sensual masculine note originates from white cedar which enhances the powdery-aromatic blend in the heart. Base of the composition brings a deep, warm blend of patchouli, benzoin and crystal amber. Review:

It kind of grows on you... And there's some unspoken quality in it... Kind of reminds me of Old Spice from Shulton Company. Opens like a sage bomb, almost to harsh to your nose but after it drys down you get a confortable taste, a cozy and warm sensation that surrounds you. Projection is sensational, longevity excellent. I totaly blind bought this for the bottle and got a little disappointed first time I smell it... But after a while using it you kind of get the taste of it and begin to appreciate its nuances

Salvatore Ferragamo - Uomo 20ml £15 In hand, same day shipping
    Top notes: black pepper, cardamom and bergamot. Middle notes: tiramisu, orange blossom and ambroxan. Base notes: cashmere wood, sandalwood and tonka bean. Review:

Tried a sample of this today and I really like it. Its a modern gourmand which differentiates itself with a great Tiramisu accord that is served with a healthy slug of Ambroxan. Definitely agree that it swerves in New Haarlems lane with a sprinkle of La Nuit thrown in for a good measure and whilst it clones neither it will remind you of both which is a good thing. Great performance, can be cloying if oversprayed. I really dig the Tiramisu as its quite evocative and unique. Ladies will be looking at you like a snack when you stroll by as they lick their lips!

Chopard - Noble Cedar 20ml £14 In hand, same day shipping
    Top Notes - Birch Leaf, Spicy Notes. Middle Notes - Clary Sage, Cedar Wood. Base Notes - Rock Rose(labdanum), Vetiver, Incense. Review:

This is very vetiver. Sweetened up with labdanum and some herbs and spices. Extremely unisex, because it is a sweet woody thing. I think the cedar notes probably don't come out to play until a few hours into drydown, because I washed my arm in the bath earlier with test spray on it and it smelled more cedar-ish afterwards. Re-applied post bath and whoa nellie, there is the vetiver in full force again. Lovely scent, pleased with my blind buy, but this is definitely more vetiver than cedar.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast