Code of Conduct
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1381

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - Lubin ft. Akkad, Idole & Upper Ten + loads of new things! Hoo!

Some new things that you might enjoy:

Frederic Malle - Rose & Cuir 20ml £47/10ml £26
    Top notes are geranium, black currant and sichuan pepper; middle notes are rose and leather; base notes are cedar and vetiver. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena. Review:

Absolutely stunning! 1) I love most works of JCE 2) I love leather but not so keen on rose 3) FM can be a bit ”too much” for me. These three points made me to order a sample instead of of blind-buying. I smelled it without looking at the scent pyramid. And I was overwhelmed that I felt so strongly blackcurrant (this is in my top 10 favorite notes). The scent is linear, from start to finish. I get green rose stems, the feeling of the edge of the light pink rose petals, green, almost herbal light leather and blackcurrant (more the leaves of the bushes, called cassis leaves). I still feel the fragrance strong and loud on a blotter after 20 hours, so it's very long lasting. It's powerful, totally unisex, and has a kind of 'beware of me' message.

Issey Miyake - Wood & Wood 20ml £20/10ml £13.50
    Top notes are grapefruit, cardamom and elemi; middle notes are ambroxan, apricot, sandalwood and virginian cedar; base notes are haitian vetiver, patchouli and woody notes. Review:

Similar to Amouage Beloved Man. Biggest difference is that Beloved has the signature Amouage thick texture while this has the signature Issey Miyake savory texture. The opening transported me to the nineties,(in a good way) the top notes of grapefruit are vivid, bitter, long lasting and a signature citrus spikiness of L'eau d'Issey. Wasn't surprised to see that among the notes here. Then there's the woods which come on in the drydown to a very dry, driftwood type of effect for me. It works with the citrus in the same way a lemon and tonic water works with gin. I do get a vaguely juniper like nuance from this giving it an edge of the GnT.
    Bvlgari - Man Wood Neroli 20ml £26/10ml £16
    Top notes are bergamot and neroli; middle notes are orange blossom, virginia cedar and cypriol oil or nagarmotha; base notes are leather, white musk, amber, ambergris and woody notes. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Review:

This is a masterpiece. The smell is very clean, fresh and uplifting. Very good performance considering the fresh notes are a lot more volatile and stick for fewer time to your skin. I got between 5-6 hours in performance, after that it will stay very close to skin. This was the 2nd day I used it and so far I've received 8 compliments on how good I smelled.It is in the same smell family of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino or Mandarino de Amalfio but its by NO means the same. I personally prefer this one as it feels more modern and wearable.
    Jimmy Choo - Urban Hero 20ml £22/10ml £14
    Ideal for spontaneous city nights, it gives off intense woody notes, such as grey amber and leather accord, which mix with warm black pepper and sensual rosewood, before being offset with fresh lemon caviar. Review:

Urban Hero is smells nothing like Aventus...so get that out of your head. Urban Hero will smell familiar to many people, and can be best described as smelling like a dialed down (in sweetness, herbaceous, intensity, and projection) Invictus (OG) and Rasasi Hawas with a scent character/style that has been intended for men 30+ years of age. Urban Hero is definitely a nice release, but certainly isn’t groundbreaking, due to already common scent character (sweet/spicy/musky/fresh) that have flooded the designer market as of late.
    Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Beau 20ml £20/10ml £13
    Top note is bergamot; middle note is coconut; base note is tonka bean. Le Beau was created by Sonia Constant and Quentin Bisch. Review:

I love the Beau, I think it's great. The tangy bergamot doesn't really announce its presence on my skin. The coconut is warm and woody, no doubt as a result of the sweet vanilla vibe from the tonka. It's very much a modern man's fragrance. I was worried the coconut might make Le Beau smell a little like 'suntan lotion', but although it has a summery, tropical vibe it is, as I said, much warmer and woody in presentation. Perhaps it's mere suggestion, but it still seems to be unmistakably Gaultier. Le Beau lasts and lasts for me. Even after a shower I can still smell it, and it can easy last overnight on my skin and days on a shirt, it's seriously potent. I really enjoy the fragrance, and the longevity means I'll probably use this instead of Ultra Male on a night out. Easily my favourite designer fragrance.
    Vine Camuto - Smoked Oud 20ml £23/10ml £14.50
    Top notes: smoked rose, davana, juniper berries. Heart: incense, spices, Centifolia rose. Base: aged oud, amber, tonka. Review:

Wow this fragrance is stunning and delicious! The title of the fragrance speaks for itself, smoke and oud. It’s a woody oriental. It has the right balance of sweet, smoke and incense. The oud and rose are definitely prominent but in a masculine formulation. There’s some spice, amber and tonka in the dry down. A fall and winter scent. Great for a date night or for a special event too. Not sure I would wear it to the office. Love this one!
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Santal Blanc 10ml £24
    Top Notes: Mandarin, Fig Milk. Heart Notes: Violet, Sandalwood. Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Musks. Review:
    My first thought was that I'd never smelled a perfume this particular, delicious without being gourmand, and odd. As I let it sit on the paper strip, I couldn't help but falling in love with this silky, green and luxurious scent. I purchased it without even trying it on my skin - I was euphoric. The scent resembles exceptionally the creamy aroma of fig trees, combined an intoxicating yet immaculate sandalwood. At the moment of the spray one can sense a hint of citrus. I cannot detect any of the other notes. If I'd read the notes before getting to know Santal Blanc, I would have never imagined I'd fall in love with this perfume. It's an incredibly sophisticated, ageless, pleasantly sweet fragrance, with an enormous sillage and a remarkable longevity on my skin.
    Salvatore Ferragamo - Uomo Urban Feel 20ml £23/10ml £14.50
    Top notes are ozonic notes, clary sage, bergamot and coffee; middle notes are cumin, driftwood and cedar; base notes are ambroxan, labdanum, incense and patchouli. Review:

Urban Feel is a very good release, a lovely fragrance. The presence of Ambroxan means it will be divisive, and draw the obvious comparisons with Sauvage, on paper it's similar, in reality nothing like it. It's the lime and woods I like most, the Ambroxan is subtle.

Aventus Bottle 75 is now in hand, ready to ship (batch 19P11)

5 x 30ml slots left on the Lubin TOAK at £50 a pop and its now also available in 15ml £30 allocations as well

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - Lubin ft. Akkad, Idole & Upper Ten + loads of new things! Hoo!

Hmm,
    Take me off the Aventus 50ml split please mate I'm enjoying all the new cool stuff you're finding for us instead.
    I'll hop on the 10ml Rose and Cuir, 10ml Man Wood Neroli, 10ml Smoked Oud and 10ml Santal Blanc trains instead please.
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Some new things that you might enjoy:

Frederic Malle - Rose & Cuir 20ml £47/10ml £26
    Top notes are geranium, black currant and sichuan pepper; middle notes are rose and leather; base notes are cedar and vetiver. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena. Review:

Issey Miyake - Wood & Wood 20ml £20/10ml £13.50
    Top notes are grapefruit, cardamom and elemi; middle notes are ambroxan, apricot, sandalwood and virginian cedar; base notes are haitian vetiver, patchouli and woody notes. Review:

Bvlgari - Man Wood Neroli 20ml £26/10ml £16
    Top notes are bergamot and neroli; middle notes are orange blossom, virginia cedar and cypriol oil or nagarmotha; base notes are leather, white musk, amber, ambergris and woody notes. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Review:

Jimmy Choo - Urban Hero 20ml £22/10ml £14
    Ideal for spontaneous city nights, it gives off intense woody notes, such as grey amber and leather accord, which mix with warm black pepper and sensual rosewood, before being offset with fresh lemon caviar. Review:

Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Beau 20ml £20/10ml £13
    Top note is bergamot; middle note is coconut; base note is tonka bean. Le Beau was created by Sonia Constant and Quentin Bisch. Review:

Vine Camuto - Smoked Oud 20ml £23/10ml £14.50
    Top notes: smoked rose, davana, juniper berries. Heart: incense, spices, Centifolia rose. Base: aged oud, amber, tonka. Review:

Van Cleef & Arpels - Santal Blanc 10ml £24
    Top Notes: Mandarin, Fig Milk. Heart Notes: Violet, Sandalwood. Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Musks. Review:

Salvatore Ferragamo - Uomo Urban Feel 20ml £23/10ml £14.50
    Top notes are ozonic notes, clary sage, bergamot and coffee; middle notes are cumin, driftwood and cedar; base notes are ambroxan, labdanum, incense and patchouli. Review:

Aventus Bottle 75 is now in hand, ready to ship (batch 19P11)

5 x 30ml slots left on the Lubin TOAK at £50 a pop and its now also available in 15ml £30 allocations as well

Hello Palm,

Please put me down for the following:

D&G - The One EDP Bottle 20ml
    Frederic Malle - Rose & Cui 20ml
    Mugler - Pure Malt

I'll have 10ml of Issey Miyake - Wood & Wood and Bvlgari - Man Wood Neroli please.

On the Issey Miyake train, anyone else fancy a splash of Pulse Of The Night?

Thumbs up Re: [UK] Why buy full bottles when you can have splits instead? Everything in moderation ;)

Quote Originally Posted by blanchefort View Post
    Hi there could you please put me down for 50ml Irish Tweed? Thanks
    Hi Palm
    Could you pls cancel the Irish Tweed and put me down for Tom Ford Oud Wood 50ml instead.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCulture View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of this one bud, I'd been meaning to add it since it was previewed a while back. Reviews are quite good with a lot of people mentioning PdM Herod which is always nice and it seems like it would be perfect for the cooler months. Lets see if we can snap this up before it vanishes like so many of Miyakes never ending flankers.

Issey Miyake - Pulse Of The Night 20ml £22/10ml £14.00
    Top note is kyara incense (olibanum); middle notes are tonka bean, patchouli and amber; base notes are leather, woodsy notes, vetiver, sandalwood and vanilla. Review:

An incredible fragrance. Sweet, smokey amber then warm patchouli wrapped in vanilla, all incredibly smooth. Whilst it's fairly linear, there is a small amount of change as it mellows and becomes even richer and deeper like a velvet vanilla and amber pillow. A niche quality fragrance which you won't be able to stop yourself from sniffing. An absolute delight.
    I've marked you down for 10ml and I think I'll take 10ml myself as it does sound quite great and possibly FBW...

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of this one bud, I'd been meaning to add it since it was previewed a while back. Reviews are quite good with a lot of people mentioning PdM Herod which is always nice and it seems like it would be perfect for the cooler months. Lets see if we can snap this up before it vanishes like so many of Miyakes never ending flankers.

Issey Miyake - Pulse Of The Night 20ml £22/10ml £14.00
    Top note is kyara incense (olibanum); middle notes are tonka bean, patchouli and amber; base notes are leather, woodsy notes, vetiver, sandalwood and vanilla. Review:

I've marked you down for 10ml and I think I'll take 10ml myself as it does sound quite great and possibly FBW...
    Go on then, I'll take 10 mls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call! I'll try 10ml please Palm :-)

Good stuff! Yeah I'm quite interested in POTN, it has all the markings of another great flanker from IM, just as Noir Ambre did.

I'll go for 50ml of the aventus please Palm
    Currently wearing: Oud Wood by Tom Ford

Can you put me down for 10mls of

Potn
    Man wood
    Smoked oud
    Santal blanc

Cheers Palm

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I’ll try the FM Rose and Cuir please 10ml. Thanks

Hi Palmolive, could you add me to the TF Tobacco Vanille split please 30ml. Thanks again M

10ml of Pulse of the night, please pal

10ml pulse of the night please bud

Palm...have I missed the issue POTN? If not 10ml please...

Hey mate

I'll grab 10ml POTN too if it's not too late - sounds intriguing

Cheers sir!

Picked up my Aventus today after returning to work, cheers mate!

Just a random musing.... I wore Beach Hut Man yesterday for what I think was only the second time since receiving it. My goodness, I had forgotten just how amazing it was, especially that drydown. Definitely one of my all time favourites.

I haven't tried Beach Hut Man, missed out on the split may jump on a future one if there is one.
    Still loving Malibu which smells amazing and lasts and lasts and lasts.
    Mugler Malt has got me a few compliments and wore Black Man Orient on a night out and got some great compliments and a lot of attention. Black Man Orient in one night got me as many compliments as Aventus has got me in a few months.
    Palm, could you please add me on for the Zegna Indian Spice for me to try please?

Just a random musing.... I wore Beach Hut Man yesterday for what I think was only the second time since receiving it. My goodness, I had forgotten just how amazing it was, especially that drydown. Definitely one of my all time favourites.

Hello Palm,

Can you add me to the following:

Issey Miyake - Pulse Of The Night (if it's still available)
    Bvlgari - Man Black Orient x 20ml

Quote Originally Posted by Bobauckland View Post
    I haven't tried Beach Hut Man, missed out on the split may jump on a future one if there is one.
    Still loving Malibu which smells amazing and lasts and lasts and lasts.
    Mugler Malt has got me a few compliments and wore Black Man Orient on a night out and got some great compliments and a lot of attention. Black Man Orient in one night got me as many compliments as Aventus has got me in a few months.
    Palm, could you please add me on for the Zegna Indian Spice for me to try please?
    Erm Man Black Orient. Not Black Man Orient. Oh dear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I got my Aventus few days ago (forgot to post then). Everything is fine, really quick delivery. Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by swall101 View Post
    I’ll try the FM Rose and Cuir please 10ml. Thanks
    Hi... is this ok? Cheers

So I decided to upgrade my old blue bottles from Palm to the new hotness. No regrets.

Aventus received. Really good quality bottle too, very happy! Cheers mate, will get involved in another split very soon ����

So I decided to upgrade my old blue bottles from Palm to the new hotness. No regrets.
    New hotness does look good ! Gratz :-)

10ml Rose & Cuir please.

Palm I will take 50 ml aventus pls mate ...

Hi Pam

Can I have these pls

Bvlgari - Man Black Orient Bottle 2 20ml £18
    Bvlgari - Man Wood Neroli 20ml £26
    Issey Miyake - Pulse Of The Night Bottle 2 20ml £22

Thanks

Pulse Of The Night just landed and I'll be getting it decanted over the next few. First impressions are really good, I think you will all like this as its made for autumn due to its warmth and how it wears.

A dry, slightly dusty and quite earthy patchouli dominates the show along with a mildly sweet yet smokey amber. Not quite as niche as Or Encens or Noir Ambre in concept but just as well blended with good performance. Interested in your impressions once it arrives folks!

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast