Code of Conduct
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
Results 1,291 to 1,315 of 1315

Default Re: [UK] Fun size fragrant portions of happiness for your pleasures, olfactive and otherwise...

hello mate

please can you put me down for 50ml of the creed aventus?

cheers

Default Re: [UK] Fun size fragrant portions of happiness for your pleasures, olfactive and otherwise...

Doesn't look like palm is banned any more.
    You back yet mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its holiday season guys, maybe Palm decided to take the opportunity to have a break away in the sun? Or maybe he's just very busy outside of this forum. I remember he often said he was busy before the ban, that's probably not changed.

He was unbanned on the 12th, he will be back when he's ready.

What a month! Big up to the mods for the free holiday, it placed everything in its correct perspective as it made me realize how much time I was wasting on here as aside from the nerdacious daily posting the splits had steadily increased over the years to take up more and more time as my magnificently ignored To Do list ballooned. Needless to say thats now been totally decimated!

Floors? Sanded! Fence? Painted! Car? Waxed!

Yosh! What makes me laugh even more is how much I actually enjoyed doing all the stuff I’d been putting off as I found myself with oodles of free time and a handy dandy way of productively filling it. The fantastic weather during my detox no doubt helped everything fall into place to perfectly as it correctly filed Basenotes way lower on my priorities as I see now how pernicious this whole online caper truly is when contrasted to “the real world” as its just so easy to fritter away your most precious commodity via the digital escapism provided by the dangerous intersection of sites like these, hobbies and a screen in the Venn diagram of How To Become A Junkie!

There will be changes coming to the splits which those who need to know will know as and when but in the interim thanks for your patience and lets get it popping!

Default Re: [UK] "They took branches of palm trees and went forth to meet him..."

Welcome back mate

over the past few years thanks to you I have been able to experience fragrances I probably would never have tried and actually never even heard of and for that I am very grateful. I must admit that your post had me a little worried that you may just sack it off and call it a day . Hopefully not because I’m sure there are many who would say the same . Good to see you back.

Default Re: [UK] "They took branches of palm trees and went forth to meet him..."

What @salvadali said! Welcome back dude

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadali View Post
    over the past few years thanks to you I have been able to experience fragrances I probably would never have tried and actually never even heard of and for that I am very grateful. I must admit that your post had me a little worried that you may just sack it off and call it a day . Hopefully not because I’m sure there are many who would say the same . Good to see you back.
    Firstly, 100% this.

Secondly, Glad to you you back mate, and it sounds like it was a long overdue break. Good on ya.

Community Manager

We aim to please. Now, please change the name of the thread to something more relevant.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Wise words palm !! Hope all is well
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post

What a month! Big up to the mods for the free holiday, it placed everything in its correct perspective as it made me realize how much time I was wasting on here as aside from the nerdacious daily posting the splits had steadily increased over the years to take up more and more time as my magnificently ignored To Do list ballooned. Needless to say thats now been totally decimated!

Floors? Sanded! Fence? Painted! Car? Waxed!

Yosh! What makes me laugh even more is how much I actually enjoyed doing all the stuff I’d been putting off as I found myself with oodles of free time and a handy dandy way of productively filling it. The fantastic weather during my detox no doubt helped everything fall into place to perfectly as it correctly filed Basenotes way lower on my priorities as I see now how pernicious this whole online caper truly is when contrasted to “the real world” as its just so easy to fritter away your most precious commodity via the digital escapism provided by the dangerous intersection of sites like these, hobbies and a screen in the Venn diagram of How To Become A Junkie!

There will be changes coming to the splits which those who need to know will know as and when but in the interim thanks for your patience and lets get it popping!

Know what you mean Palm, I’ve been able to afford to buy my ceramic coating for wheels & paint on the M4 as you’ve not been tempting me with juice lol

Glad to see you back here though. You’re on the right track in assessing a new balance in it all. I’m assuming the changes will be what I’d be expecting given your comments, but feel free to drop me a note as intrigued as to your direction & hoping it’s where I’d be

Thanks for the folks, you lot are what makes the splits possible as I simply help to facilitate and together we've experienced some absolute crackers and for that I'm grateful plus I've met some genuinely nice folk!

Just swinging by with a quick update as I had a moment to check my PMs, front page will be updated at some point this week with new picks, some new in hands and I'll even try and squeeze on a fresh TOAK if I can.

In the interim from this point on feel free to post any new releases or scents that have got your interest in this thread and we can see if there is traction from other members as y'all are going to have to be a bit more proactive now as the thread goes semi crowd sourced at this point in its evolution toward its final form!

Good to have to back matey... looking forward to see the final form of what the thread will become!!!

In the interim from this point on feel free to post any new releases or scents that have got your interest in this thread and we can see if there is traction from other members as y'all are going to have to be a bit more proactive now as the thread goes semi crowd sourced at this point in its evolution toward its final form!
    With this in mind; any appetite for a TOAK for some of the latest Maison Dior / nee Dior Prive line? I'm thinking Purple Oud, Santal Noir and Spice Blend perhaps. They all sound like they could be winners for the autumn / winter time. I personally haven't tried any of them because the newer releases are not stocked in my neck of the woods for some reason, but I'm curious to try them still.

Great to have you back Palm - sounds like the ‘break’ has done you the power of good

With regard to future splits would there be any interest in Penhaligons Halfeti Leather (Selfridges exclusive for now I think) - tried it on Sunday and it had a pretty wonderful Cola bottle vibe, though this could have course been cross pollination from all the other fragrances I had tried / applied that day

Thanks for the folks, you lot are what makes the splits possible as I simply help to facilitate and together we've experienced some absolute crackers and for that I'm grateful plus I've met some genuinely nice folk!

Just swinging by with a quick update as I had a moment to check my PMs, front page will be updated at some point this week with new picks, some new in hands and I'll even try and squeeze on a fresh TOAK if I can.

I've got a couple on my radar, will have a look round. in the meantime, I think its safe to say the PdM Percival split is dead!

Welcome back mate.
    I fancy a try of TF lost cherry or a clone if there's any interest

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Default Re: [UK] Why buy full bottles when you can have splits instead? Everything in moderation ;)

Good to have you back Palm

Default Re: [UK] Why buy full bottles when you can have splits instead? Everything in moderation ;)

Malibu arrived safe & sound, lovely stuff! Thanks again palm

A few to consider:

Boadicea the Victorious - Valiant 10ml £90/5ml £48
    Top notes are orange, mandarin orange, petitgrain, grapefruit and ylang-ylang; middle notes are orris, cherry blossom, orange blossom, indian jasmine and neroli; base notes are amber, sandalowood, patchouli, tonka bean and vanilla. Review:

This is a great fragrance. The blend of florals, sandalwood and vanilla is exquisite. The colour I associate with this frag is yellow. One sniff and you will be convinced that quality ingredients have been used. This is long lasting. And the sillage is ok compared to other powerhouse fragrances from the same house. People accustomed to good things in life will nod their heads with appreciation when they meet someone wearing Valiant.
    Boadicea the Victorious - Consort 10ml £34/5ml £20
    Top notes are pink pepper, citrus leaf, bergamot, juniper berries and lime; middle notes are orange blossom, magnolia, clary sage and hedione; base notes are vetiver, patchouli, crystal amber, musk and white wood. Review:

Fresh green and citrus perfume. As for me this fragrance is more for men. For those who like vetiver. And it is definitely similar to Aventus by Creed but they are not 100% the same. To my opinion Aventus is more warm and sweet maybe because of vanilla, Consort is more dry and woody…

D&G - K 20ml £20
    The opening notes of the composition include sparkling blood orange, pressed Sicilian lemon and juniper berries. The heart reveals the pimento essence combined with clary sage, geranium and lavandin, while the base is woody and masculine combining the cedarwood, vetiver and patchouli accords. Review:

King is a beautiful release, it starts with synthetic citrus (unfortunately), then a spicy accord with a slightly sweet combination of cader and juniper berry take over for about 1 hour, after that the drydown become sweet clean fresh musky scent which lasts 3 to 4 hours. To me, that dry down musk is similar to the clean creed musk but in the king is a little sweeter and probably its a synthetic musk in the background. For me, it is not a super unique release but definitely its a good release for 2019 and it might be the best designer house release this year

The following are in hand:

Bvlgari - Man Black Orient 20ml £18/10ml £11.50 In hand, ready to ship
    Sophisticated and mysterious, Bvlgari Man Black Orient has a spicy aromatic opening thanks to the rich notes of rum (a standard for the collection) and peppery cardamom. The opulent floral heart includes lavish tuberose and oriental Taif rose, laid on the intensive masculine basis of oud and leather. Review:

One of my top fragrances. Its spicy, boozy, a little leathery and yet just a bit floral... and in all the best ways. I don't know what a masterpiece is, but man this is good. It lasts all night long (its not an office scent) and I've yet to meet someone who doesn't adore the scent. Women and men ask me what I'm wearing; even my mom loved it so much she bought it for my dad. It's only draw back is its limited versatility. This is for cold nights. You can wear it formal or at a party (might be too much for a sweaty club though) but its for the night time. You can wear it for the crowd, but I wear it for myself because I love the way it makes me feel and smell. 8/10 from me because I can't wear it all day everyday.
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise Bottle 4 20ml £22 In hand, ready to ship
    Top notes are bergamot, sicilian lemon, black currant and spicy notes; middle notes are fruity notes, water jasmine and patchouli leaf; base notes are sandalwood, cedar, leather, moss, white musk and vanilla. Review:

Stunningly beautiful fragrance sweet woody and zesty. Unbelievable silage and projection with around 4 heavy sprays will easily last you all day long. High quality fragrance as most mancera fragrances are blended superbly.
    D&G - The One EDP 30ml £22 In hand, ready to ship
    The elegant top notes of coriander, basil and grapefruit are leading to the heart where there is a warm blend of ginger, orange blossom and cardamom. Tobacco, sensual amber and cedar leave their mark at the base of the perfume. Review:

A creamy smooth and beautiful fragrance. Strong, Impactful yet Alluring, the One emanates a Godfather elegance. If you want to make an unforgettable first impression, look no further. For Office, Dates or a sexy Night time scent, this is one of the most attractive and mass appealing scents by D&G that can be worn for almost any occasion except very hot summmers. Blind buy this one without a doubt. 8.9/10
    Chopard - Noble Cedar 20ml £14 In hand, ready to ship
    This woody and slightly spicy composition is created by perfumers Lucas Sieuzac and Nathalie Feisthauer, who focused on a unique cedar agreement. The top bursts with fresh tones of silver birch leaf, followed by the heart made of aromatic sage. Cedar wood combined with warm labdanum resin form the sensual base of this perfume. Review:

I like this one. It's not a complicated fragrance at all, but it smells very nice. The cedar is dark and quiet and sits deep in the base as the labdanum and birch provide a smokiness to the wood that is sweet and almost creamy. I think the labdanum is an important note in this composition and needs to be smelled to really be understood. Its sweetness is not sweet in the fruity or foodie sense. Its resinous, but seems to possess a higher frequency than amber, and it's not nearly as familiar a smell as something like vanilla or tonka. There's a certain inscrutability to the labdanum that makes this a very unique scent, as it kind of dances along the top occasionally catching your nose when you least expect. Very well constructed and not synthetic, scratchy, or loud in the slightest, Noble Cedar will find good company among my bottles of Eau des Baux and Carbone de Balmain.
    Mugler - Pure Malt Bottle 3 20ml £17 In hand, ready to ship
    Top notes: fruity notes; Heart notes: woddy notes, malt; Base notes: oriental accords, smoky accords, peat. Review:

I'm not gonna do an in depth review of this frag. Just gonna say it's absolutely gorgeous. Very gourmand, very boozy, very sexy. Girl want to eat you. Men are jealous.

Hi Palm, good to see you back.
    I’ll take:
    20ml Mancera Cedrat Boise Bottle 4
    20ml Bvlgari Man Black Orient

Hi Palm,
    I'll take 20 mls of the Mugler Pure Malt please.
    Don't be jealous guys

Welcome back mate

Bvlgari - Man Black Orient. 20ml please

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Good to see you back Palm.

Anyone else feeling a juicy Kalan by Perfume de Marly split with a nice side of TOAK?

I'll take a Mancera - Cedrat Boise & Mugler - Pure Malt please pal

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44