Code of Conduct
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1301

Default Re: [UK] Fun size fragrant portions of happiness for your pleasures, olfactive and otherwise...

To be fair I have had a couple that have unrolled, but I just stick them down and it seems to solve it. worst case you could put a bit of clear sellotape round the labels.

Default Re: [UK] Fun size fragrant portions of happiness for your pleasures, olfactive and otherwise...

Interesting, thanks for the info on the labels folks. I'd actually chosen this size/style because of their adhesiveness and proportion as they worked well with both atomizer sizes but will pick up some of the smaller ones exclusively for the next batch of 10ml splits and we'll see how they go.

A couple of folks have also requested smaller labels for the 50ml bottles so you can see more of the glassware but I haven't found any size that fits the overall aesthetic as well as the current ones as I do like things to be as pleasing to the eye as they are practical. The closest I'd found were these:

And they look quite funky when applied sideways but getting the logos/typesetting looking crisp and easily recognizable at a glance isn't that easy when you've got to structure within 23mm of width. Sticking them on the other way round makes them look like they are lost in negative space (like this cat. Its a design thing) and doesn't look as nice as the current ones. My favourites for the 50ml bottles were the transparent ones I sent out on a few splits as they looked stunning but are quite expensive and the sheets kept on jamming in my printer if you only did partials which made the overall costs even more pricey so until I find something that improves it I think the current Byredoesque style of presentation:

Is the way to go. I have been tempted to drop the logos and just go for plain text to keep it real minimalist but as cool as it looks its not practical at a glance if you've got a few different splits that look almost the same. Form and function.

Yep, we nerd out good and proper round these parts!

I like the look of the bottles/labels. Mind you, I've not had one of the new ones yet. I'm still rocking some old school blues.

Yeah, the new ones are pretty great. What makes them so good though is the weight as they're around 200g and have a great heft to them with sprayers that are even better than the blues. For me the atomizers have always been one of the main things to get right as they've got to output a nice blast of juice with a good spread and these are better than some retails I've seen.

Grab yourself a bottle of the atomically strong, bergamot blast that is 19P11 and join the gang!

Hi Palm, i've sent you a message about being added to the Malibu split! Hope i can join in for 20ml Thanks

Hey there, would I be able to get in on the split for Bvlgari - Man Black Orient for 10ml please?

Hi Palm,

i have tried to message you but your inbox is full

Is there a Viking split available? Looked but couldnít see one, or Iíve gone blind!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mj2k View Post
    Is there a Viking split available? Looked but couldnít see one, or Iíve gone blind!

Cheers

Sorry meant 50ml, know I got 10ml from you before.

Your atomizers are definitely pure awesome Palm.
    Dunno why I didn't think of just a bit of sticky tape on the labels, gonna try that tomorrow.

Hi Pal
    I wonder if I can get Aventus in smaller amount say 25ml.
    Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just pointing out that Palm has been hit with the ban-hammer, hence the lack of comms.

Yeah I noticed that the other day, I've no idea what went on but hopefully its not for much longer.

Hi Palm,
    can you remove me from the creed VIW split as it hasnt moved in months and i have sourced elsewhere.
    Thanks

Oof what's going on Palms banned? Oh no

Assuming it's a temporary ban. Maybe he upset the natives or something.

Suspect its something to do with this thread:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/467...manent-Removal

Cant see why Palm would be banned though, he didn't vote!

Does anyone know any contact details for Palm or where he's moved? Love his reviews and what he had to offer, and there's no clarity on whether this is a temp or longer ban.
    Palm mate this is why you should use PayPal too, people would at least be able to reach you via email!

There's a web address on some of his decants, http://www.is.gd/palmolive. There's no direct contact details on there, however, maybe this will be the way forward.

His last post was on the 12th and he was last seen the 15th. That's only last week.

If, for example, its a 2 week ban then he could be away until next week in theory. We don't know the reason he was banned, or what's gone on behind the scenes, there may be more to it.

I expect its just something a mod has taken offence to, like the last post he made. Hopefully nothing more serious.

No need to start panicking until early August.

I'm a mod on a couple of tech/PC forums so I have a decent idea of how this works.

That said. If a moderator is reading this, it would be nice to know the state of play..
    Last edited by ProtoCulture; 24th July 2019 at 01:06 PM.

IIRC Palm was actually banned not that long ago for another unspecified reason (but presumed other thread related) so I'd presume he'll be back in action soon. TBH I think contributors such as Palm who have given a lot to this community over the years should at least be allowed a post to explain to their followers what's going on in the case of a ban.

I've been informed that he'll be back on the 12th August.

Well that's good.
    Am guessing all dispatches, shipping etc is on hold until he's back.
    Ah well. Hope you're well Palm

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCulture View Post
    I've been informed that he'll be back on the 12th August.

Basenotes Plus

Can you remove me from the TF FdA split please as sourced elsewhere now. Thanks

Can I be removed from the Bvlgari man black orient split please, got some from elsewhere now. I will return soon to buy a different sample.

Many thanks.

Hi

Can you put me down for 50mm Creed Aventus for her and 20mm Creed Aventus cologne please?

Thanks.

Let the splits commence... Welcome back

You back with us palm?

Is Palmolive not on here anymore?

I didn't realise.

Sounds like he got a ban, someone said they think the ban would be lifted on 12th. Hope he's back soon I'm looking forward to my malibu

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast