Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default NEW: Tom Ford | Lost Cherry

New Tom Ford Private Blend 'Lost Cherry' available soon:

CAFD9930-F475-4DA9-B99D-85DD3794A80F.jpeg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: NEW: Tom Ford | Lost Cherry

$320 for 50ml? Nope, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    $320 for 50ml? Nope, not for me.
    IKR?! Is the idea to just keep getting more and more silly with the prices until it turns into a parody? Because this is starting to look like a parody.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    IKR?! Is the idea to just keep getting more and more silly with the prices until it turns into a parody? Because this is starting to look like a parody.
    I think we already arrived a few exits ago, my friend. “But... but... but... the bottle is RED!”

And thanks guys for sharing the news

Might have a few drops of TF blood per bottle it’s worth it guys! lol

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    The Flaming Lips did this for a limited edition vinyl version of Heady Fwends. 10 copies, $2500 a pop.

Blog Entries

^^^ A unit of blood has 350 calories. Just FYI.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.
    Currently wearing: No. 22 Parfum by Chanel

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    You would know that wouldn't you?
    The real question is, are you more Anne Rice, or more Stephenie Meyer?
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

$320 for 50ml
    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Hmmmm... just in time for the Halloween season... what are the notes in this stuff again?

Hmmmm... just in time for the Halloween season..
    Where is Fougere d'Lycanthrope?!

more likely a "Lost Mind" out of greed

User of Toilet Water

I saw a picture on Instagram of a new TF PB called Short Wood. ​I thought it was a joke. Now I'm not so sure.

Default New Tom Ford Private Blend - Lost Cherry

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...rry-51411.html

I am looking forward to smelling this.

Default Re: New Tom Ford Private Blend - Lost Cherry

glad to see the fragrance names are keeping sophisticated

Guess there is no cherry note, because he lost it.
    Next bottle in this collection can be bright yellow, Forgot Lemon. Or a green one, Ditched Fir.
    Currently wearing: Iris Ganache by Guerlain

Tom Ford Staying Classy again; the description is sooo funny:

"Tom Ford Lost Cherry is a full-bodied journey into the once-forbidden; a contrasting scent that reveals a tempting dichotomy of playful, candy-like gleam on the outside and luscious flesh on the inside."

And instead of talking about a drydown it talks about a "finish"--

Still I have to say sounds pretty good... am eager to try it. I really like Fougere d'Argent, think it has been underrated here, a mix between RGPH and Memoir Man, two of my favorites (and I get crazy longevity on clothes)--so yeah, looking forward to this one.

Tom 'Shock Factor' Ford

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

I am an avid admirer of Mr. Ford's multifaceted talent. His clothes are fantastic, and he blew my mind with Nocturnal animals. But this just seems like a cheap grab at emptying fan boy wallets. I like the bottle design, but at 320 USD for 50ml, I'd better be knocked off my feet with the sampler to even consider investing in this. The note breakdown does look promising. I love the smell of Kirsch liquer, which I oddly get a lot from SHL's Mortal Skin.
    Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion. - Rumi

Thanks for the info.

He seems to have fallen into the mold of so many musicians - the need to be more and more outrageous to get attention.

I will give it a try however, but I will not be in a major hurry to do so. Prices have become as ridiculous as the names, and most of his latest releases have been mediocre. The last one F*%king Fabulous was extremely cloying to be. But there is still a chance that he delivers a winner.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Thanks for the info.

He seems to have fallen into the mold of so many musicians - the need to be more and more outrageous to get attention.

I will give it a try however, but I will not be in a major hurry to do so. Prices have become as ridiculous as the names, and most of his latest releases have been mediocre. The last one F*%king Fabulous was extremely cloying to be. But there is still a chance that he delivers a winner.
    His last 4 PB releases (FF, Vanile fatale, Fougere x 2) have been awful IMO. Hopefully this breaks the mould.

Well,

I can't say I was ever impressed with his "Private Blends" with the exception of the 4711-inspired Neroli Portofino's and I liked Plum Japonaise some and Vert Boheme still might get a nod from me with further testing, and although I'm not into leather, Tuscan Leather was pretty impressive.....but aside from those four, I just didn't care for any others. And it's pretty obvious only the 4711-knockoff was good enough to get me to buy it right away, and that's not even an original scent from Tom Ford, it's a copy-cat tribute. The Tuscan Leather isn't some incredible blend, but rather it's the stalwart creation of the chemists who made the ingredient that smells like real leather. Plum Japonaise might be the 'only' good creation from Tom Ford's Private blends, and even that one is just 'okay' and I doubt I will buy it (although that might change). Verte Boheme is also more along the lines of 'alright' as a fresh green floral. The only original Tom Ford creation I like is the affordable Tom Ford for Men. The Private Blends smell like incomplete projects that were abandoned by perfumers before they were finished and Tom Ford found them in a cabinet somewhere. The whole Private Blend line seems to impart the impression that the scents simply aren't finished, save a few I mentioned. Even Tuscan Leather is a simple leather scent that is dependent entirely on the quality of the original chemist who created that incredibly accurate leather smell. There is nothing complicated about it. I accept that simplicity with great ingredients can also be wonderful as a niche, but the whole Private Blends lineup just seems like someone messing around with various projects and not really nailing a great outcome.

I will eventually get around to re-smelling the entire lineup but I've already gone over them several times now and felt the same way. I really, really wanted to appreciate the Private Blends lineup......but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the scents are more 'gimmick' than anything else, save a small few. I really appreciate Neroli Portofino and the flankers of it (I own the Forte version). Now the more current names are trying to 'shock' people and he should have stopped with FF. This new one's name is just bad taste and not really either funny or interesting IMO (more like juvenile in a business that is grown up and elegant). You can get away with it once with FF, because you're into art and fashion, but trying to push it further comes off as childish.

Names are getting more stupid. Who would admit to wearing it if asked?
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

HA! After Fucking Fabulous, what’s a little Lost Cherry, eh? I’m not surprised if Short Wood or Limp Bizkit is in the pipeline. Tom Ford does what he does best - stirring up a little controversy to drive marketing.

Interesting name, I'll give it a sniff next time I make it to Nordstrom's.
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Tacky name + crazy price usually = subpar juice.
    I hope not. Fucking Fabulous isn’t bad per say but it’s probably one of if not the worst private blends. There’s just nothing to it that makes me want to jump at buy it. Smells like smarties candie and there already plenty of candy sweet fragrances out there.

I have no problem with his naming conventions, perhaps I'm not easily offended. The description of the juice, however, appears to be way beyond my tolerance for sweet scents. Sadly, the problem with pricing is people are willing to pay. FF, as much as people light their hair on fire, sells well. until consumers bypass these items I fear that prices will continue to creep ever upwards.
    Currently wearing: Genre by Edward Bess

The Private Blends have been consistently underwhelming for me, especially considering their prices. Many of them smell okay, or even pretty good initially, but most get to smelling pretty cheap in the drydown. I like Oud Wood and TL okay. Neroli Portofino smells quite good but has the longevity of a mouse fart. Vert des Bois almost had me, but as a good basenoter I avoided buying based solely on initial impression from top notes, and it unraveled after 1.5-2 hours.

The notes for this cherry one don't read like they're exactly in my wheelhouse, but who knows, I've been surprised before. I'll sniff if I stumble across it.

Fragrance aside, sophomoric innuendo and occasional profanity are par for the course when I'm bullshitting with my buddies, but they're not qualities I seek when purchasing luxury goods.
    Currently wearing: Furyo by Jacques Bogart

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast