Code of Conduct

Default Do you know of some flavour materials used ALSO as fragrance materials?

I understand pyrazines are used in fragrances, but at perfumers apprentice....they are sold under flavour materials.
    Do you guys know of more flavour type materials used as fragrance materials?

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...zine-5-pg.aspx

Matthew

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Do you know of some flavour materials used ALSO as fragrance materials?

Well, vanillin is the obvious one. If you check on Vigon CoAs they usually list if something is food grade. Look into chocolate scents, coffees, caramels; there are lots of cross-overs.

I was quite surprised to discover that our local mass seller of small size essential oils -Aroma-Zone, most of their organic oils are food grade. NHR Organics would be my go-to ( and I suspect is Mandy Aftels go to- although that is JUST a suspicion, not knowledge, so don't quote or sue me) and even sells food grade jasmine. Most of their oils are food grade and top quality -for top quality prices.

Every time I visit a good friend of mine in Ely Cambridge we go to the Samovar Tea House, which sells a heavenly amount of scented teas, and scented cakes! Their white chocolate and jasmine cake was divine and each slice was starred with a single jasmine flower. I took some back to my stopover in London and inhaled it swooning for ….oooh, about a day. Then I ate it.

Just an aromatherapy warning though. Never take essential oils internally for prevention and cure unless guided by a professional, and always dilute essential oils for flavouring into a minute fraction. A TINY amount is needed. I flavoured some frangipane for a tart yesterday with food grade organic tangerine oil, and used 2 drops in 250ml of frangipane. It flavoured it perfectly even at that dilution.

Default Re: Do you know of some flavour materials used ALSO as fragrance materials?

Quote Originally Posted by mattmeleg View Post
    I understand pyrazines are used in fragrances, but at perfumers apprentice....they are sold under flavour materials.
    Do you guys know of more flavour type materials used as fragrance materials?
    We do Matt, but the list would almost be endless. Do you have a more specific area of interest (e.g., fruity, nutty, creamy, alcoholic, confectionery, etc.)? Even then, it would help if you were more specific about the subtype.