Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Risks of Buying Vintage

Even if you do that, the seller can always return any item. eBay has screwed up the rights of sellers , they're under the position that no matter what, the seller is always wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    Just reading the description infuriated me. I guess you just have to write "no returns" on most vintage items, to avoid people like that. This is why we can't have nice things lol

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    Just reading the description infuriated me. I guess you just have to write "no returns" on most vintage items, to avoid people like that. This is why we can't have nice things lol
    Yes, I felt the same way. I feel awful for that seller.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Tomorrow by Avon

Dependent

Great thread Oriane.
    My experience with vintage has been that the scent is most of the times off, my last purchase of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme 2nd edition was horrible and of course I returned the bottle.
    Not into vintage fragrances anymore due to the mentioned risks involved, also I stopped buying decants and only purchase sealed bottles.
    Bond No.9 - Amouage - PDM - Kristiansand NY - YSL - Penhaligon's - Dior - HDP - Xerjoff - Mancera
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Great thread Oriane.
    My experience with vintage has been that the scent is most of the times off, my last purchase of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme 2nd edition was horrible and of course I returned the bottle.
    Not into vintage fragrances anymore due to the mentioned risks involved, also I stopped buying decants and only purchase sealed bottles.
    Thank you, techt. I feel much the same way, although overall I have had good luck in purchasing vintages. I do not purchase as much as I once did. I still do buy vintage from time to time, but I am careful from whom I purchase, and I try to ask a lot of questions.

Whoever did this to this seller should be ashamed of himself/herself. There are many lovely fragrance enthusiasts out there, but I have learnt that there are also a lot of sociopaths, too.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Tomorrow by Avon

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    I would be fuming!
    Pun intended?
    Itís not the case that everybody was Kung-Fu fighting...

It’s definitely riskier, and you need to do your research. Ultimately, it’s a gamble and you have to trust your instincts.

I’ve been lucky with my modest collection of vintages: mainly because I buy what I know.

On the occasions where I’ve taken a gamble on something I didn’t know, results have been more mixed. Bought a super-old (1920-1930) D’Orsay that I think is a dud, but I didn’t overpay and dont have an example of similar vintage to compare it to definitively, so I kept it and didn’t ask for anything back. It happens.

In person is always best, but the internet has made things so much more accessible.
    Itís not the case that everybody was Kung-Fu fighting...