Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User of Toilet Water

Default Re: Zoologist - Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Just my personal opinion, but it smells like the back of my grandmother's car after she has dropped all of her friends off from Bingo.
    Just an incense and cigarette smoke bomb...
    Add some depends and fart notes to complete the aroma, lol, maybe some coffee and donut burps as well.
    I think you've convinced me to blind buy T-Rex!!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I think you've convinced me to blind buy T-Rex!!!
    They have travel size which is nice as an option.

Of the ones i've tried ( T-Rex / Rhino ) have not personally been a fan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I got T-Rex from the lucky scent sample pack...It's probably the worst one of the bunch.
    Normally I don't like the fact that lucky scent doesn't send samples in spray vials but in dabber vials, but with this one, it actually makes a lot of sense.
    Just my personal opinion, but it smells like the back of my grandmother's car after she has dropped all of her friends off from Bingo.
    Just an incense and cigarette smoke bomb...
    Add some depends and fart notes to complete the aroma, lol, maybe some coffee and donut burps as well.
    Not something I would ever wear in a million years.
    The sort of "review" I'd expect to see at that other site, not here at Basenotes.

signed,
    A. Fragrance Snob
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Basenotes Plus

.................................... Penn's old stomping grounds
    Blog Entries

Wow! How did I miss this thread [she asked herself out loud]? Zoologist is probably my favorite house. I have nearly all them - 3 to go. I've been collecting the travel sized bottles, as they'll last a long time for my needs. The only one that I'd give three stars to is Beaver. I love L♥ve them all. The creativity, bold use of numerous notes, and their longevity is mightily impressive. I can hardly wait, for another new, crazy 'fume to be released.
    Sono strano e sono orgoglioso di essorlo...
    Currently wearing: Apple by Dragonfly Blue

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Wow! How did I miss this thread [she asked herself out loud]? Zoologist is probably my favorite house. I have nearly all them - 3 to go. I've been collecting the travel sized bottles, as they'll last a long time for my needs. The only one that I'd give three stars to is Beaver. I love L♥ve them all. The creativity, bold use of numerous notes, and their longevity is mightily impressive. I can hardly wait, for another new, crazy 'fume to be released.
    I much preferred the original version of Beaver, but I may be in the minority on that. The current version is more floral, less smoky/ashy, and also less animalic, which strikes me as weird, considering the name. It's good, just a lot more conventional that one would expect from this brand.

I'll be interested to check out Chameleon when it's released in a few weeks.

48945353_10155597483726256_8545504460992937984_o.jpg
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Zoologist DODO A Peculiar Fougere was posted on Instagram yesterday.
    Perfumer: Joseph DeLapp
    Billed as "The ideal fougere for those with an eclectic sensibility who crave a life of leisure and contentment".
    Fern, Lime, Lychee, Raspberry
    Ambergris, Fir Balsam, Geranium, Rose
    Amber, Feathery Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Sandalwood
    Attractive artwork and presentation in keeping with the rest of the line.
    Currently wearing: Opus IX by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Any idea who the nose is on the upcoming release?

T Rex is a complete blockbuster, absolutely outstanding. It's an fascinating olfactory rendition of complete devastation; the Armageddon. One of the blogs has a review along these lines, and I thought it was hyperbole, but no, it's high fragrant art. The best way I can describe the effect is "incinerated dirt and rock". I've never been to a volcano, but I imagine it must smell something like this when one goes off and destroys everything around it, and the ash is falling.

The only other I've sniffed is Civet. It was OK, a little thick and jammy, and not really all that civetty to my nose. I should give it another go. It may have been too warm when I last tried it.

Really want to try Beaver, Bat and Hyrax. And Rhino and Elephant. I have a sample of Panda. It was a freebie and didn't seem as exciting, and but based on T-Rex alone, my expectations are high, and I'd like to sample them all, really.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Any idea who the nose is on the upcoming release?
    If you're referring to Chameleon, the perfumer is Daniel Pescio. There is an article on Chameleon's release over at Fragrantica.
    https://www.fragrantica.com/news/Zoo...019-11736.html
    As previously mentioned, the perfumer for Dodo is Joseph DeLapp (of Rising Phoenix Perfumery).

Basenotes Plus

thanks SmellYouLater!

thanks SmellYouLater!
    You're welcome!

Super Member the blood on 530 27's Avatar

Not an analysis, more of a rough impression

It has the spirit of Lovecraft mythology: it appears normal at first, you can feel the perfumers are trying to do a good work; but there is something wacky, something unfit —— an unnammable disorder that permeates in all of their work. It’s as if you were watching some human-form creature playing human on stage, only they’re not human.

Some may say their perfumes are too dramatic, unbalanced, hence the disorder. But hey, maybe that’s the effect they’re trying to achieve.
    The French have a phrase for it. The bastards have a phrase for everything.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by the blood on 530 27 View Post
    Not an analysis, more of a rough impression

It has the spirit of Lovecraft mythology: it appears normal at first, you can feel the perfumers are trying to do a good work; but there is something wacky, something unfit —— an unnammable disorder that permeates in all of their work. It’s as if you were watching some human-form creature playing human on stage, only they’re not human.

Some may say their perfumes are too dramatic, unbalanced, hence the disorder. But hey, maybe that’s the effect they’re trying to achieve.
    It sounds like they are intentionally crafting such complex and dense experiences, especially Mr. Gardoni's contribution, but Victor Wong has that vision altogether.

to me it's this: perfume isn't supposed to emulate a smell (as Coco Chanel insisted that it wasn't, in coming out with 5). Perfume is supposed to evoke an experience, to trigger a basic emotional response that is the same as what we would experience thinking of, say, an elephant or a moth or a T Rex.

It's the evocation of the emotional state that is intended. Fidelity is to how well the emotional state and the presence in the mind of the animal is triggered...

Super Member the blood on 530 27's Avatar

It sounds like they are intentionally crafting such complex and dense experiences, especially Mr. Gardoni's contribution, but Victor Wong has that vision altogether.

to me it's this: perfume isn't supposed to emulate a smell (as Coco Chanel insisted that it wasn't, in coming out with 5). Perfume is supposed to evoke an experience, to trigger a basic emotional response that is the same as what we would experience thinking of, say, an elephant or a moth or a T Rex.

It's the evocation of the emotional state that is intended. Fidelity is to how well the emotional state and the presence in the mind of the animal is triggered...
    They’ve definitely triggered my Cthulhu alarm, wether intended or not.
    The French have a phrase for it. The bastards have a phrase for everything.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Attractive artwork and presentation in keeping with the rest of the line.
    Here's the pic of the bottle: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...=1#post4536767
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

So far, I've only tried four (Zoologist scents.) Tyrannosaurus Rex, Bat, Hyrax and Civet. I like Hyrax and Civet, but not the other two. Actually, I'm a bit surprised at how much people on here liked T. Rex! I found it too bitter!
    I like Hyrax and Civet because they're sweet! I'm wearing Civet right now, and I must say I find it very pleasant. It mostly reminds me of spiced rum, but also raisins and fruit cake lol! Maybe a little bit of tobacco as well! Hyrax definitely made me think of whiskey and cigarettes! I liked it too, sprayed on paper, but I don't know if I would enjoy wearing Hyrax as much as I enjoy Civet? I own the complete sample set, but I still need to try all the others!
    I dislike Bat. It just doesn't smell appealing to me!

@LadyDragonFire, I’m surprised you didn’t take to T-Rex’s ‘fire and brimstone gig’ given your ‘fiery’ username. The charred smoky bitter cloak over the florals are the main selling point for me. I’m beginning to suspect T-Rex appeals to the inner cavemen in guys.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    @LadyDragonFire, I’m surprised you didn’t take to T-Rex’s ‘fire and brimstone gig’ given your ‘fiery’ username. The charred smoky bitter cloak over the florals are the main selling point for me. I’m beginning to suspect T-Rex appeals to the inner cavemen in guys.
    Oh lol! Good point! XD Honestly..I wanted so much to love that one! XD I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, TBH! XD It's..interesting..just not really my cup of tea for something to wear! XD And, yes..you're absolutely right that it's pretty squarely masculine. I don't think I would consider it "unisex." Whereas..I feel like some of the other selections from this line (Civet, Hyrax, Rhinoceros, Elephant, for example) pretty much are! (Unisex, I mean.)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    I much preferred the original version of Beaver, but I may be in the minority on that. The current version is more floral, less smoky/ashy, and also less animalic, which strikes me as weird, considering the name. It's good, just a lot more conventional that one would expect from this brand.

I'll be interested to check out Chameleon when it's released in a few weeks.

48945353_10155597483726256_8545504460992937984_o.jpg
    Off the top of my head, I don't recall if I sampled the original or the current Beaver formula. Probably, it was the newer one. Regardless, an official travel-spray will be added to my collection.

I can't wait to try Chameleon and Dodo!

Basenotes Junkie

So, today, I tried four more of my Zoologist samples, and I either like or love all of them too! Actually..I think I like what I tried today more than what I tried yesterday! (Although Civet and Hyrax were both nice.) Today, I tried Camel (sprayed on paper), Elephant (also on paper), Rhinoceros (on paper) and Nightingale (I'm wearing it right now!)
    I definitely like Camel, the Cinnamon notes are very nice! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a really good spicy fragrance, and especially if you love cinnamon! I don't think I've ever smelled a better cinnamon fragrance actually, although at least a couple of people on Fragrantica mention that Serge Lutens has at least one really good one too!
    Elephant is pretty nice, I always love the scent of freshly mowed grass! XD It sounds like I'm being funny, but a while back I was actually trying to find a really good perfume that realistically replicated the smell of freshly mowed grass, because, honestly, I think it's one of the nicest scents! Zoologist Elephant, in my humble opinion actually managed to be a pretty good grass-scented unisex fragrance! They are honestly not that easy to find if you really want one! I would definitely recommend this one too to people who really love green plant-like scents (not floral.)
    I definitely really like Rhinoceros too! Honestly, to me (at least sprayed on paper) it smells very realistically like egg nog with spiced rum! I think maybe this one could be paired with Civet? lol! Personally..I'm a big fan of egg nog, and I like very sweet gourmand scents in general, so..I would probably wear this too! It's very nice, that's for sure! One thing I will mention too is that I really would not compare it to "Santal Blush" by Tom Ford! At least a few people on Fragrantica think that Zoologist Rhinoceros and Tom Ford's Santal Blush are similar fragrances, but to my nose they really are not! Rhinoceros is quite sweet, and I would definitely categorize it as a gourmand. I really did not detect any sweetness at all in Santal Blush, at least when I sprayed it on a card in Nordstrom. To me..they are really two very different fragrances, but I guess it might depend on how sensitive your nose is to certain notes, I don't know! In any case, I like Rhinoceros, but not Santal Blush. I would definitely think of recommending Rhinoceros to someone, but I probably wouldn't consider recommending Santal Blush, although really that's all about personal taste!
    The other thing I want to mention too is that I also would not ever compare Zoologist Bat to Paloma Picasso EDP!! At least a couple of people on Fragrantica made that comparison too, and again, I think those fragrances are two very different animals! (lol, pun intended! XD) Paloma Picasso, to my nose, actually smells like a copy of Mitsouko! (Or very close anyway. To me, it's that type of fragrance.) Zoologist Bat doesn't smell like that to me. To my nose, I don't get any moss, or green notes or wood at all from Bat! Mitsouko or Paloma Picasso, to me, both have something in them that definitely makes me think of hay! (Which again, to clarify, I actually like that smell! Like freshly mowed grass, it's a pleasant scent to me!) To me..Zoologist Bat doesn't have any of that, and actually is just sort of smelly to me! Actually..I would compare it to Terre D'Hermes, and I'm almost surprised no one else has drawn that comparison yet! I also hate Terre D'Hermes, which I've said a million times now! lol So..yeah..that one is also really not my cup of tea and I wouldn't recommend it personally, but again I also know it's all about personal tastes!
    The fourth and final Zoologist scent I decided to try today was Nightingale. And, oh boy! Do I ever LOVE that one! Nightingale is a very, very beautiful slightly soapy smelling floral aldehyde (so..squarely feminine this time!) It instantly reminded me of a Thymes scent actually, although on Fragrantica parallels have also been drawn between Nightingale and Chanel No. 5. It has a certain quality that is similar to Chanel No. 5 (or probably more similar to Chanel No. 22 actually, in the Les Exclusifs line.) But more than anything else it makes me think of floral scents from Thymes, many of which I sampled not that long ago too! For example, it's maybe a bit like Lavender by Thymes. It's a gorgeous perfume anyway, and I instantly loved it so much sprayed on paper that I decided that today, this would be the one that's getting tested on my actual skin! (Yesterday it was Civet.) I enjoyed wearing Civet yesterday, but honestly, I definitely feel like I enjoy wearing Nightingale more! I definitely recommend this one to pretty much everyone!
    Aaand..I think I've decided that's all for today again, or probably scents will just start mixing in my nose..so again..I'll try more of them tomorrow!
    So far..overall..I think i would say I like this line though based on what Ive tried so far. I definitely does seem to have a lot of gems!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDragonFire View Post
    So, today, I tried four more of my Zoologist samples, and I either like or love all of them too! Actually..I think I like what I tried today more than what I tried yesterday! (Although Civet and Hyrax were both nice.) Today, I tried Camel (sprayed on paper), Elephant (also on paper), Rhinoceros (on paper) and Nightingale (I'm wearing it right now!)
    I definitely like Camel, the Cinnamon notes are very nice! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a really good spicy fragrance, and especially if you love cinnamon! I don't think I've ever smelled a better cinnamon fragrance actually, although at least a couple of people on Fragrantica mention that Serge Lutens has at least one really good one too!
    Elephant is pretty nice, I always love the scent of freshly mowed grass! XD It sounds like I'm being funny, but a while back I was actually trying to find a really good perfume that realistically replicated the smell of freshly mowed grass, because, honestly, I think it's one of the nicest scents! Zoologist Elephant, in my humble opinion actually managed to be a pretty good grass-scented unisex fragrance! They are honestly not that easy to find if you really want one! I would definitely recommend this one too to people who really love green plant-like scents (not floral.)
    I definitely really like Rhinoceros too! Honestly, to me (at least sprayed on paper) it smells very realistically like egg nog with spiced rum! I think maybe this one could be paired with Civet? lol! Personally..I'm a big fan of egg nog, and I like very sweet gourmand scents in general, so..I would probably wear this too! It's very nice, that's for sure! One thing I will mention too is that I really would not compare it to "Santal Blush" by Tom Ford! At least a few people on Fragrantica think that Zoologist Rhinoceros and Tom Ford's Santal Blush are similar fragrances, but to my nose they really are not! Rhinoceros is quite sweet, and I would definitely categorize it as a gourmand. I really did not detect any sweetness at all in Santal Blush, at least when I sprayed it on a card in Nordstrom. To me..they are really two very different fragrances, but I guess it might depend on how sensitive your nose is to certain notes, I don't know! In any case, I like Rhinoceros, but not Santal Blush. I would definitely think of recommending Rhinoceros to someone, but I probably wouldn't consider recommending Santal Blush, although really that's all about personal taste!
    The other thing I want to mention too is that I also would not ever compare Zoologist Bat to Paloma Picasso EDP!! At least a couple of people on Fragrantica made that comparison too, and again, I think those fragrances are two very different animals! (lol, pun intended! XD) Paloma Picasso, to my nose, actually smells like a copy of Mitsouko! (Or very close anyway. To me, it's that type of fragrance.) Zoologist Bat doesn't smell like that to me. To my nose, I don't get any moss, or green notes or wood at all from Bat! Mitsouko or Paloma Picasso, to me, both have something in them that definitely makes me think of hay! (Which again, to clarify, I actually like that smell! Like freshly mowed grass, it's a pleasant scent to me!) To me..Zoologist Bat doesn't have any of that, and actually is just sort of smelly to me! Actually..I would compare it to Terre D'Hermes, and I'm almost surprised no one else has drawn that comparison yet! I also hate Terre D'Hermes, which I've said a million times now! lol So..yeah..that one is also really not my cup of tea and I wouldn't recommend it personally, but again I also know it's all about personal tastes!
    The fourth and final Zoologist scent I decided to try today was Nightingale. And, oh boy! Do I ever LOVE that one! Nightingale is a very, very beautiful slightly soapy smelling floral aldehyde (so..squarely feminine this time!) It instantly reminded me of a Thymes scent actually, although on Fragrantica parallels have also been drawn between Nightingale and Chanel No. 5. It has a certain quality that is similar to Chanel No. 5 (or probably more similar to Chanel No. 22 actually, in the Les Exclusifs line.) But more than anything else it makes me think of floral scents from Thymes, many of which I sampled not that long ago too! For example, it's maybe a bit like Lavender by Thymes. It's a gorgeous perfume anyway, and I instantly loved it so much sprayed on paper that I decided that today, this would be the one that's getting tested on my actual skin! (Yesterday it was Civet.) I enjoyed wearing Civet yesterday, but honestly, I definitely feel like I enjoy wearing Nightingale more! I definitely recommend this one to pretty much everyone!
    Aaand..I think I've decided that's all for today again, or probably scents will just start mixing in my nose..so again..I'll try more of them tomorrow!
    So far..overall..I think i would say I like this line though based on what Ive tried so far. I definitely does seem to have a lot of gems!
    I have enjoyed reading your impressions!

Basenotes Plus

yes thank you for those LadyDragonFire.

I wanted to say that my wife says T Rex smells like ant killer. I had to laugh. I get where she is coming from on that. But I enjoy it a lot.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

yes thank you for those LadyDragonFire.

I wanted to say that my wife says T Rex smells like ant killer. I had to laugh. I get where she is coming from on that. But I enjoy it a lot.
    Ants are to T. Rex, what cupcake sprinkles are to humans.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Ants are to T. Rex, what cupcake sprinkles are to humans.
    ha! Yes.

Basenotes Junkie

Today I tried Zoologist Beaver, Panda (both the more recent, second versions of the scents, not the originals), Macaque and Moth.

I definitely like what I tried yesterday more than what I tried today! (That was, Camel, Elephant, Rhinoceros and Nightingale.)

Out of the four I tried today, the one I like the most by far is Beaver! It's a very fresh, clean smelling floral perfume and it's really nice! I would definitely recommend it actually.
    It's been compared to at least one perfume from the Clean scent line, and that's probably pretty accurate!
    I honestly really didn't like Panda at all! The two main notes I can smell in it (at least sprayed on paper) are green apple and Iso E Super. Fragrantica actually doesn't have Iso E Super listed as a note for Zoologist Panda (more recent version) but I sear it has that same type of smell that almost all masculine "colognes" that are mainstream and popular have! And honestly..it just makes it smell like a stinky guy's cologne to me! If you like the note (Iso E Super) you might enjoy it. I personally just don't. Also..I really think Panda should be fresh and green and smell like bamboo..WTH?? XD
    Disappointingly, I also don't care for Japanese Macaque that much either! And..I really wanted to like this one because those animals are hella cute! (You should check out a youtube video of Japanese macaques walking on overhead electrical wires! they are just adorable! )
    Mostly, to me, Zoologist Macaque smells like hyacinth or lily, or that type of crisp, green or aquatic floral. I love actual real hyacinths or lilies because they're beautiful, but I actually really don't care much for their scent! (Some lilies smell really good though..it depends.) So, yeah..unfortunately that one was a big miss for me too. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves that type of scent though!
    And Moth was..interesting. Mostly, it smells like a powdery floral, to my nose. (Apparently it's supposed to have mimosa as a central note, and I'm guessing that maybe sometimes it's that note that makes some floral perfumes smell like talc powder?) But..it also smells like an oriental perfume too. It also contains some of the notes that, again, make me think of things from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. I think it contains incense notes and things like Frankincense and myrrh, and I strongly suspect that's what I'm smelling too. But, it's all heavily enveloped in very sweet, powdery floral notes. At least..sprayed on paper it is. These aren't bad per se..they're just not my cup of tea.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDragonFire View Post
    Today I tried Zoologist Beaver, Panda (both the more recent, second versions of the scents, not the originals), Macaque and Moth.

I definitely like what I tried yesterday more than what I tried today! (That was, Camel, Elephant, Rhinoceros and Nightingale.)

Out of the four I tried today, the one I like the most by far is Beaver! It's a very fresh, clean smelling floral perfume and it's really nice! I would definitely recommend it actually.
    It's been compared to at least one perfume from the Clean scent line, and that's probably pretty accurate!
    I honestly really didn't like Panda at all! The two main notes I can smell in it (at least sprayed on paper) are green apple and Iso E Super. Fragrantica actually doesn't have Iso E Super listed as a note for Zoologist Panda (more recent version) but I sear it has that same type of smell that almost all masculine "colognes" that are mainstream and popular have! And honestly..it just makes it smell like a stinky guy's cologne to me! If you like the note (Iso E Super) you might enjoy it. I personally just don't. Also..I really think Panda should be fresh and green and smell like bamboo..WTH?? XD
    Disappointingly, I also don't care for Japanese Macaque that much either! And..I really wanted to like this one because those animals are hella cute! (You should check out a youtube video of Japanese macaques walking on overhead electrical wires! they are just adorable! )
    Mostly, to me, Zoologist Macaque smells like hyacinth or lily, or that type of crisp, green or aquatic floral. I love actual real hyacinths or lilies because they're beautiful, but I actually really don't care much for their scent! (Some lilies smell really good though..it depends.) So, yeah..unfortunately that one was a big miss for me too. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves that type of scent though!
    And Moth was..interesting. Mostly, it smells like a powdery floral, to my nose. (Apparently it's supposed to have mimosa as a central note, and I'm guessing that maybe sometimes it's that note that makes some floral perfumes smell like talc powder?) But..it also smells like an oriental perfume too. It also contains some of the notes that, again, make me think of things from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. I think it contains incense notes and things like Frankincense and myrrh, and I strongly suspect that's what I'm smelling too. But, it's all heavily enveloped in very sweet, powdery floral notes. At least..sprayed on paper it is. These aren't bad per se..they're just not my cup of tea.
    thank you, very nice reviews and I appreciate it!

Macaque might be to my liking based upon your review.

"Top notes are cedar, green apple and blood mandarin; middle notes are olibanum, galbanum, honey, palisander rosewood, ylang-ylang and jasmine tea; base notes are cedarmoss, green tea, white oud and musk."

That should be really good!

Basenotes Junkie

Today, I finally tried Zoologist's Dragonfly, Hummingbird, Dodo and Chameleon! The last ones! (I don't think Dodo or Chameleon have been officially released yet, but the samples were still also included in my complete sample set!)

I really like all of them, actually! Dragonfly, interestingly, smells almost exactly the same as Love's Baby Soft by Dana, to my nose at least! So much so that I'm actually pretty shocked that no one on Fragrantica reached that comparison actually! But yes..it is very much a soft. powdery floral (again) that is very similar to a baby powder or other type of baby product scent! Personally, I love those, so i would highly recommend this one! It's very pretty and highly wearable! It's too bad that the Dragonfly on the bottle label is so creepy though! This perfume is so nice that it really deserves a prettier label! lol
    I also definitely LOVE Zoologist Hummingbird, and I really highly recommend it to everyone! It's a very pretty and sweet feminine, fruity-floral and, unfortunately, I really can't automatically think of a good comparison for this one! It's really a fantastic perfume though! Also, interestingly, it's another one that contains a plum note (and a cherry note as well), which someone was asking about recently! If you like very sweet and girlie fruity-florals you should definitely try this at least once!
    Zoologist Dodo is a woody/green chypre type of scent, which, as far as I can tell seems similar to something like "Aromatics Elixir" by Clinique, Paloma Picasso or Mitsouko, not sure because I'm smelling it on paper and the other perfumes may have invaded my nostrils too much! It really does seem like that type of green scent though, and I do think I would recommend it too if you like that type of thing. (Which, actually I do!) Again..I think it's kind of a shame that it got such a weird name and it's theme is such an ugly and gawky looking bird lol! Because..it actually does seem like a pretty decently nice perfume! I feel like it should have been paired with an entirely different animal, just not quite sure what? Maybe a Zebra or a Gazelle might have been better? (For some reason I strongly feel there should be a Zoologist Zebra, because come on! Zebras are awesome!)
    Zoologist Chameleon is really, really nice, and I highly recommend this one to everyone for sure! It's a very fresh scented tropical-fruity perfume, that i honestly think most people would probably like! I definitely get a vibe of mango and/or papaya or kiwi fruit and or dragonfuit or star fruit from it..can't remember it's actual note listing but it really has that kind of smell to my nose! I've only tested it on paper so far but I think Chameleon would probably be a really good summer scent, because it seems light, fresh and cool to me..not really like a cold weather Winter perfume. Plus..it is apparently going to have one of the most awesome looking bottles in the whole Zoologist line so yeah, like, why would you not buy this?? XD

So again, in conclusion..overall..in my opinion, the Zoologist line is really great, and definitely does feature very high quality, wonderful perfumes as well as super fun (if not slightly gimmicky) bottles! I would definitely recommend trying all of them at least once from the entire complete sample set.

Basenotes Junkie

Actually..I also have a very small bottle of "Violette" by Tocca, and..I think Zoologist Hummingbird may be a tad similar to that one! (Not exactly the same..but I think they have a similar quality!) Also..I'd have to pick up a bottle to do this comparison properly, but I kind of wonder if "Cannabis" by Fresh is at all similar to Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex? I suspect it might be.

Basenotes Junkie

The only other disclaimer I'm going to give about these fragrances though is that I'm not sure if they're really meant to be worn directly on your skin?
    Although I like the scents in this line, I have felt like maybe I get a bit of an adverse reaction (when I tested the scents directly on my skin.) And..Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab scents kind of did the same thing to me. So..maybe these are better sprayed on fabric or used as room spray? Just saying, that's all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast