Code of Conduct

Thread: Black Bold?

Basenotes Junkie

Default Black Bold?

I sprayed a shot of Kenneth Cole Black Bold on my hand at Wally World about 6pm. At 11 PM i can still smell it pretty well. I never smelled the origional, but this one smells very nice and pleasing and longevity seems to be at least moderate. I've been wanting to add a few slightly versatile safe scents here lately and this one may be one that ad. Just curious about y'alls thoughts on this one of you've worn it, cause there doesn't seem to be much on the net about it.

Default Re: Black Bold?

I like it. It doesn't smell anything like Black to me, which I found highly synthetic smelling, screechy and smelled like onions. Bold is actually nice, and for a freshy, it has decent longevity. It kind of smells like MB Spirit Special Edition 2012, which I also own. I'd say unless you own both of these and have smelled them side by side enough, you would notice the similarities.
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephan Hawking

I am a big fan of Kenneth Cole scents. Own many. There are only a few I can do without. Black Bold is good, but not as good as the original IMO, which does smell pretty different.

The_Cologneist, are you sure what you had wasn't bad? Black is pretty heavily orange and mint - I don't see how someone could get onions from it?
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I am a big fan of Kenneth Cole scents. Own many. There are only a few I can do without. Black Bold is good, but not as good as the original IMO, which does smell pretty different.

The_Cologneist, are you sure what you had wasn't bad? Black is pretty heavily orange and mint - I don't see how someone could get onions from it?
    Everybody smells something different...
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

I personally enjoy Black Bold.
    It's actually pretty good.
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

No, not that I know of. Some fragrances just smell like onions to me, regardless of notes. Just like sometimes I get that "grilled meat" smell, or that "wet dog smell", or worst of all.. the "fried circuit(s)". Sometimes I read or watch reviews and see people who allude to the same things, so it's not just me.
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephan Hawking