Code of Conduct

Default Please Help Montale Intense Cafe

Hello everybody! I received a brand new Intense Cafe sealed in the box from Fragrancenet. I shook it and it seemed nearly empty. Happily, they refunded immediately.

I bought another 100ml from ebay, luxurybeatylounge. Received and I perceived the same thing! The seller says the aluminum bottle makes Montale deceiving. It's truly full. Can this be correct? All legit?

The Montale bottle, of course, is not clear.

Thanks!!
    In silence, with body and mind still, a depth of understanding may be achieved that is not available to one who languishes at the mercy of life’s relentless chatter.
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Please Help Montale Intense Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by PaTomas View Post
    Hello everybody! I received a brand new Intense Cafe sealed in the box from Fragrancenet. I shook it and it seemed nearly empty. Happily, they refunded immediately.

I bought another 100ml from ebay, luxurybeatylounge. Received and I perceived the same thing! The seller says the aluminum bottle makes Montale deceiving. It's truly full. Can this be correct? All legit?

Thanks!!
    I’m no Montale expert- only received my first bottle from them recently; full incense. I had the same thought but chalked it up to their bottling idiosyncrasies. Rasasi is another that doesn’t fill their bottles full... Anyway, interested to see what others say.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by PaTomas View Post
    The seller says the aluminum bottle makes Montale deceiving. It's truly full. Can this be correct? All legit?

Thanks!!
    Yes, that's characteristic of most Montale bottles. I have 159 and they're like that.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes, that's characteristic of most Montale bottles. I have 159 and they're like that.
    Boom. Thank you!

Thanks to all! Makes me feel great
    In silence, with body and mind still, a depth of understanding may be achieved that is not available to one who languishes at the mercy of life’s relentless chatter.

I had the same thing when I received my new bottle of 50ml Grey Vetiver from fragrancenet as well.

Everything looked legit, brand new box , brand new bottle, well packed, but I didnt really check to see its fullness upon first inspection.

I only noticed after 3 weeks of application (about perhaps 30 sprays a week amounting to about 90 sprays so far) I would say going w the equation:

1 mL = 15 sprays (as this bottle does short small bursts)

that I should have only used about a bit more than 1/10th of the bottle.

But when I look at the contents , especially when I turn it upside down, the bottle looks about 20% empty. 1/5 gone. I know the sprays are not that full and soaking.

So I just said perhaps the bottle comes looking around a bit empty.
    Creed Original Santal

It's the aluminum bottle. And I'm almost sure the bottles don't come completely full cause they are bigger than 100ml. You can easily remove the sprayer and put it back to check out the level of the perfume. It's a screw sprayer.
    Currently wearing: Hindu Grass by Nasomatto

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    It's the aluminum bottle. And I'm almost sure the bottles don't come completely full cause they are bigger than 100ml. You can easily remove the sprayer and put it back to check out the level of the perfume. It's a screw sprayer.
    Great! Very tough to unscrew the sprayer but I'll trust the good tip. Thanks!

If I recall correctly they leave extra room in the bottles because at one time you could buy an “extra shot into the bottle “ to either give it more strength or add a different accord.