Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Golden State North
    Posts
    742

    Default Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    Without a doubt some of most recent acquisitions from the Armani Prive line have been quite satisfying. Namely, Ambre Eccentrico & Cuir Majeste as standouts for me among the whole Armani Prive collection. So, as such my interest has been piqued in designer such as Armani and their Prive line as well as some other design houses offering more "niche" quality fragrances.

    I have looked at D&G Velvet series as well as Zegna Essenze collections which are both worthy of some consideraton. Can anyone think of any other designers such as Armani , D&G & Zegna who have come out with similar more expensive niche quality lines in addition to their more mainstreet offerings?
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

  2. #2
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,428

    Default Re: Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    Dior has a nice line of exclusives.

    Tom Ford Private Blends can be quite nice.
    Current Winter Favorites:

    1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    20,543

    Default Re: Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    I guess you are excluding Chanel and Dior, the most famous ones.

    I have tried the Ferragamo and Bottega Veneta ones. I enjoyed them, but for the most part not enough to justify the huge price. With the exception of Ferragamo Incense Suede.

    cacio

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution
    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    12,982

    Default Re: Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Without a doubt some of most recent acquisitions from the Armani Prive line have been quite satisfying. Namely, Ambre Eccentrico & Cuir Majeste as standouts for me among the whole Armani Prive collection. So, as such my interest has been piqued in designer such as Armani and their Prive line as well as some other design houses offering more "niche" quality fragrances.

    I have looked at D&G Velvet series as well as Zegna Essenze collections which are both worthy of some consideraton. Can anyone think of any other designers such as Armani , D&G & Zegna who have come out with similar more expensive niche quality lines in addition to their more mainstreet offerings?
    Hi Stanmar. Long time no see. I heard the Bvlgari Le Gemme Men is really nice though I have not had a chance to sample. In addition, the Carolina Herrera Confidential is quite nice and I have enjoyed Nightfall Patchouli, Burning Rose, and Amber Desire. I’m still sampling some of the Boucheron so cannot reach any conclusion just yet.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26141851.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26141851-8661.jpg"> Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi</a></div>

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    261,129

    Default Re: Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Can anyone think of any other designers such as Armani , D&G & Zegna who have come out with similar more expensive niche quality lines in addition to their more mainstreet offerings?
    Givenchy, Chopard, Yves Saint Laurent to name a few more.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Golden State North
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I guess you are excluding Chanel and Dior, the most famous ones.

    I have tried the Ferragamo and Bottega Veneta ones. I enjoyed them, but for the most part not enough to justify the huge price. With the exception of Ferragamo Incense Suede.

    cacio
    Chanel and Dior , have to say Ambre Nuit from Dior is absolutely stunning and glad to have it in my collection. Ferragamo does seem like something to look into.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Golden State North
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: Regarding Designer Niche Collection e.g. Armani Prive, D&G Velvet etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Hi Stanmar. Long time no see. I heard the Bvlgari Le Gemme Men is really nice though I have not had a chance to sample. In addition, the Carolina Herrera Confidential is quite nice and I have enjoyed Nightfall Patchouli, Burning Rose, and Amber Desire. I’m still sampling some of the Boucheron so cannot reach any conclusion just yet.

    Nice to hear from you CD. I will certainly look into the Carolina Herrara Confidential line for sure.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT




Similar Threads

  1. compare armani's prive collection to montvale
    By throwitdontshowit in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28th September 2017, 06:54 AM
  2. Reminder: How is Guerlain designer and Armani Prive niche?
    By Rumblefish in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 31st December 2015, 04:13 PM
  3. Armani Prive Collection?
    By JonnyLeMale in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 25th June 2015, 07:33 PM
  4. Armani Prive Collection
    By Haddadi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd June 2011, 02:46 AM
  5. is the Armani Prive collection considered "niche"?
    By karisuma in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 9th May 2009, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000