Code of Conduct

Default Nuit d'Issey Bleu Astral - It was a clear bleu nuit, a clear white moon...

Top notes - Coriander, Lime
    Middle notes - Leather
    Base notes - Amberwood, Woody Notes

Lime, coriander and leather sounded like an intriguing combo but was wondering if anyone on here has actually sniffed this well under the radar flanker? Reviews are very divided on not only the scent but also performance with some stating 10 hours and others so many minutes so whats the deal, party people? Is it loaded with Norlimbanol or does it actually smell nice?

Default Re: Nuit d'Issey Bleu Astral - It was a clear bleu nuit, a clear white moon...

Warren G is on the streets, wearing his perfume...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Nuit d'Issey Bleu Astral - It was a clear bleu nuit, a clear white moon...

Need to get my hands on this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Nice concept for a frag.

I haven't smelled this one but quite liked the new Issey Noir Argent that is a recent release.
    Currently wearing: Rentless by Lush

Sometimes I feel confused if I tried a certain Issey flanker or not. All those flankers for all those years in few variations on the bottle can be a trap.
    But this bottle looks beautiful with all this photoshop. If I tried it I think I would remember.
    Currently wearing: Hindu Grass by Nasomatto

Really? No one else got the title? ...sigh...

I'm a few wears in on my bottle.

It's a subtle wear, not a skin scent but doesn't behave anywhere near L'eau D'Issey PH or Bleu D'Issey. It's all about the coriander/spice and cedary-woody vibe with some citrus (the lime?) providing some levity. Fresh spice; safer than usual, perhaps. Doesn't evolve. Reminds of its existence throughout the workday.

No clue on contribution of norlimbanol.
    Currently wearing: Great Jones by Bond No. 9

Quote Originally Posted by Nostri View Post
    Oh we got it, just didn't see the need to comment about it.
    Black night, chasing skirts. Sure.

On to the frag...
    I really like this one, a true flanker of Nuit d'Issey.
    Perhaps you could say it is a combination of L'eau and Nuit with a heavier lean on Nuit.

Longevity and sillage is sensitive to the environs, so no super projection.

I like it.
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

I sang it in my head as I read it!
    Currently wearing: Rentless by Lush

Picked up a bottle and added it to the splits, first impression upon spraying was "Yep, that smells bleu alright!" as it manages to tick a few 'whats hot right now' boxes whilst still remaining distinctive, which is a feat in itself.

The coriander opens up huge on my skin and the juicy citrus gives it a nice tang but its the sliver of spices that float just underneath all of this that is the star of the show as its quite moreish and I've appreciated this accord on repeated wears as this is what gives the scent its own vibe. I'd quite happily take another scent that was built around the mids from this at a higher concentration as they're quite moreish and bring life to what would otherwise be a boring release. Overall not really my cup of tea as I like em loud and unique but I can see the office crowd snapping it up as its an easy, inoffensive wear that makes people go "Mmm, you smell nice" when they catch wafts of it.

Performance wasn't that good, 5 sprays gets me a couple of hours booming projection before sitting closer to the skin for another 4 hours and thats it. Methinks this one may really need the heat to shine as a lot of the reviews seem to go from "Woah! Beastmode" to "Meh! Skin scent" and seeing as its quite cold recently in the UK at the moment I'd think temperatures are the cause of the divergence. Either that or olfactory fatigue but I suspect it isn't as it did the same on paper.

Anyone else sniffed this one yet?

Basenotes Plus

Warren G is on the streets, wearing his perfume...
    I actually liked the Nuit D" Issey from about 4 years ago in the black bottle. I would love to sample this. Maybe even a blinder for me considering the potential cost/risk factor.

So, Dude, your post made my day way better. I have been really digging back into rap songs I was jamming in the early 90's. Beats that stuck in my brain, and I can remember what I was doing when certain songs or CD's were released. For instance, Bone Thugs "Creepin on a Comeup" was released when Warren G's "Regulate...... G funk era" CD was released. Both CD's were playing at different times in my room during the Freshman year in the high school transition while always playing turns on a old IBM computer as Wolfenstein. The good ol" days when you could drink Mountain Dew like water. So, back to my story. You're post reminded me of the Warren G song "Do you see". The beat has always been pretty unique and distinct, but after being bored and researching random sh*t on the internet, "Do you see" is actually a hook sample of "Juicy" by The Notorious B.I.G,which was first sampled From "Juicy Fruit" by MTume, looped in flawless fashion with a background sample from an old U.K. singer named Junior, called " Momma use to say" If you like old school rap, and ever wondered where some songs get their samples from, well here's the poster child for awesomeness. Junior is in the bathtub shooting with a budget of probably $500 total and here I am later watching his silly video after 30 years, finding out how exactly "Do you see" by Warren G got it's beat. If your bored, google the Warren G song after it drops about a minute later, play Juniors' "Momma Use to Say" Try not to smile. It actually made my day better, maybe if you didn't know this, and were like me a few months ago, this could get replayed about 50 times.

Attachment 89691

Basenotes Plus