Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Amber - Real Amber...

Today I was working in a style, centuries old...
    grinding up fossilized Amber to dissolve into alcohol.

Right now it is at 25% in alcohol, and certainly not completely dissolved, and already quite sticky...
    It's from my first purchase from Hermitage Oils,
    https://hermitageoils.com/product/african-amber-resin/

I'm going to try to help it dissolve more, before I smell it's attributes. It may end up at less concentration, too, if 25% doesn't work out well.
    I tried to get it as close to powdered in my grinding as possible... with this mortar and pestle.

PS: I think I see that Hermitage sells it in powder form... I think he was out of stock, and he sent me chunks instead, (after he asked if that was OK...) I broke them up with a framing hammer at first, which created some beautiful clear specimens. So I saved some of those beautiful pieces out of grinding, for photo props for the future...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Default Re: Amber - Real Amber...

nice!

how long did it take to make it this far?
    'Today I'm a star. What will I be tomorrow? A black hole?'
    Woody Allen

Could one use the baltic amber teething bracelets for this?

Ah pkiler that setup looks awesome, love the bowl especially. Fossilized amber is one of those materials that symbolizes pure light. I recently discovered this material albeit in tar form. My batch has a kind of labdanum resinoid facet, slightly rubbery. I do wonder if the aroma varies a lot from different locations, manufacturers... I only own one kind supposedly of the Himalayan variety.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    Ah pkiler that setup looks awesome, love the bowl especially. Fossilized amber is one of those materials that symbolizes pure light. I recently discovered this material albeit in tar form. My batch has a kind of labdanum resinoid facet, slightly rubbery. I do wonder if the aroma varies a lot from different locations, manufacturers... I only own one kind supposedly of the Himalayan variety.
    Yes, variations should be expected by locality, since this is a natural tree sap exudate...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.